^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^ - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #151
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

Yep, that is the one. Nope, I am guessing that she is there because of Marin. It doesn't really matter either way I just saw her and thought "I am sure that I have seen her before" and was not sure if she was generally there and I am just unobservant or if she was someone famous or something.

Either that or he has a very young Godmother.
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 06:46 PM   #152
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

Cilic-Montanes.Monte-Carlo.2010.3rd (6 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #153
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Cilic-Andreev.Monte-Carlo.2010.2nd (10 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 AM   #154
country flag -junie-

-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute

Marin interview here. The transcript is German but at the very end of the page, there's a link to the audio which is in English.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #155
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

Thank-you for the interview. His english is getting really good too.
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #156
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAngel View Post
Yep, that is the one. Nope, I am guessing that she is there because of Marin. It doesn't really matter either way I just saw her and thought "I am sure that I have seen her before" and was not sure if she was generally there and I am just unobservant or if she was someone famous or something.

Either that or he has a very young Godmother.
After reading your post, my friends tend to agree with you, Godmother, thanks God
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #157
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Cilic-Montanes.Monte-Carlo.2010.3rd (6 parts)
was added HERE
Thank you dear, I would ask my friends to find enough time to download them for me, missed some weeks' clay matches so far, except for the Rafa's live show
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #158
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -junie- View Post
Marin interview here. The transcript is German but at the very end of the page, there's a link to the audio which is in English.
Thank you dear it sounds really fresh, and Marin did get improved at expressing himself
Old 05-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #159
country flag bibatof

bibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond repute

Cilic official website : http://www.marin-cilic.net/
Old 05-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #160
country flag bibatof

bibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond reputebibatof has a reputation beyond repute

If Marin Cilic were a car…

If Marin Cilic were a car…
Marin Cilic, the No.1 Croat and No.12 in the world, is through to the second round after defeating Brazil’s Ricardo Mello. He was kind enough to answer our "if you were…" questions.

If you were a country?
Croatia. It’s my country but, more importantly, it’s a fantastic country and a great place to live. It’s mellow, and the people are nice and open. We also have the sea, mountains and lots of different things to see.

If you were a city?
Melbourne. It’s a great city, with a Mediterranean atmosphere. There is a lot to do and the people are relaxed. It is also a city that is on a human scale.

If you were a main course?
Filet mignon. Medium-rare, but not too rare.

If you were a film?
Braveheart! I like the story, the characters and the epic battles. It’s a wonderful film.

If you were a song?
Numb-Encore, by Jay Z and Linkin Park.

If you were an historic event?
The Olympics. I was lucky enough to be a member of Croatia’s 2008 team for the Beijing Olympics. For sports like athletics and swimming, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime competition.

If you were a car?
A Mercedes S50. A combination of power, speed and safety.

If you were a restaurant?
A steakhouse.

If you were a drink?
Coca Cola.

If you were a tournament?
One of the four Grand Slams.

If you had special powers?
I’d like to be able to fly.

If you were a gadget?
A BlackBerry.

If you were a football player?
Kaka, the Brazilian player. He’s my favourite player.

If you were a sport other than tennis?
Football.

If you were an airport?
Munich.

If you were a time of day?
8 a.m.

If you were a website?
Google.

If you were a place in Paris?
The Champs-Elysées.

If you were a French word?
Filet-mignon!

If you were a time in history?
The birth of Jesus.

If you were a romantic location?
A pretty island beach.

source : http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...627938959.html
Old 06-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #161
country flag -junie-

-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute

June 6, 2010
‘Baby Goran’ ready to show he’s all grown up
Marin Cilic, the 21-year-old Croatian derided for being too nice, intends to fulfil his potential this year at Wimbledon

THREE months ago, Marin Cilic walked onto a golf driving range in California with his brother, Vinko, and his coach, Bob Brett.

Six weeks had passed since his defeat by Andy Murray in the semi-finals of the Australian Open. Three weeks had passed since his loss to Jurgen Melzer in the quarter-finals of the Barclays championships in Dubai. Three days had passed since his defeat by Guillermo Garcia-Lopez at Indian Wells. But nobody had seen him behave like this.

He snatched at the driver and whiffed another ball. “****! You cannot be serious!” shouted Cilic, the 21-year-old Croatian and world No 12, who has never been mistaken for John McEnroe.

“I’ve never heard anyone say a bad word about Marin,” says David Law, the media director of the Aegon championships at Queen’s. “He seems to be a really nice, straightforward, popular bloke. Some have said ‘too nice’ to win the big ones, but with his game, I doubt it. The fact that he is still working with Bob [Brett] tells me a lot. Bob is one of the great thinkers of the sport and I get the feeling that Marin and he are kindred spirits.”

Ivan Ljubicic, a former Davis Cup teammate, painted a similar portrait last year after Cilic thrashed Murray at the US Open. “Marin is our tactician, a very smart guy. Whenever I play one of the young guys on the tour, I ask for his advice and he really understands the game. He gives me great tips.”

We meet on a pleasant afternoon in Munich and I have asked Cilic to choose three sportsmen he might like to invite to dinner.

“Well, I’ve never really thought about that,” he says, “but I would probably choose guys who . . . Bob has been telling me about this Australian 1500m runner who never lost a race.”

“Herb Elliott?”

“Yeah, that’s him.”

“Why would you invite Elliott?”

“Well, Bob is always talking to me about life and how to improve, and to push yourself to be better. He had some great stories about him and how he never accepted defeat, and when you play an individual sport that is one of the most important things.”

“Who else?”

“Maybe Usain Bolt.”

“Why Bolt?”

“Because he is so superior in what he does and he is a similar height as me,” he says, laughing.

“Okay, one more.”

“Maybe Michael Jordan. I watched a lot of basketball when I was younger and he was one of the best athletes.”

I ask about those days when he was younger. We spend an hour chatting about his life and go our separate ways. Some 23 minutes later, he sends me an email . . .

Hi Paul, it’s Marin.

I was thinking about that question of three persons I would go to dinner with, and instead of Michael Jordan I would put Kaka, the soccer player. He is one of my favourite athletes in general and seems like a really nice and humble guy. Thanks a lot. It was nice talking to you.

If only they were all like him.

The third of four boys born to Zdenko and Koviljka Cilic, he was raised in the town of Medjugorje, in Bosnia-Herzegovina, and remembers a childhood traumatised not by war (the family moved to Croatia for a period during the conflict with Serbia), but by the agony of watching Goran Ivanisevic at Wimbledon.

Cilic was three when Ivanisevic lost the final to Andre Agassi in 1992, five when he was runner-up to Pete Sampras in 1994 and nine when he went down to the Pistol again in 1998.

“We watched all of his matches and when he lost in ’98 it was really sad,” he says.

“People got a bit cooled down from tennis after that, and when he won in 2001 it was just miraculous.”

Medjugorje was not averse to the odd miracle. There was the apparition of the Virgin Mary in 1981, the millions of pilgrims who flocked to its shrine, and there was the ramshackle tennis court where the new “Baby Goran” smashed his first ace and began to hone his skills.

At 14, he moved to a relative’s house in Zagreb to use better facilities, and within a year he was hitting with Ivanisevic, and working with Brett, whose former proteges include Ivanisevic, Boris Becker and Andre Medvedev.

“I was lucky to be able to stay in my godparents’ house,” Cilic says, “and that my father was able to finance me to go to some of the tournaments, but nobody ever pushed me to wake up in the morning or to be there on time. I was never late for practice. I wanted it for myself.”

In 2005, he served note of his talent by defeating the top seed Andy Murray en route to the French Open junior title and ended the season as the top-ranked junior in the world. A year later he posted his first ATP win, made his debut in the Davis Cup and had climbed into the top 175 of the ATP rankings. In 2007, he broke into the top 100 and defeated Tim Henman on his debut at Queen’s.

In 2008, he captured his first ATP title at New Haven, climbed to 22 in the rankings and was Croatia’s top player for the first time. He won twice in 2009, reached his first Grand Slam quarter-final at the US Open and cracked the top 20.

But the steps are getting harder now as he closes on the summit.

“Every practice counts, every ball counts, but it can be really tough to put it all together. A young player who is coming up can work on his backhand or the weak parts of his game, but when you get to the top, these things are sensitive to change and you can’t really experiment.

“To win a Grand Slam would be a great achievement, but I’m just trying to enjoy each time I’m on the court and to give 100%.”

In January, his composure and mental fortitude were highlighted in Melbourne when, after three five-set matches and one of four sets, he became the first Croatian man to reach the Australian Open semi-finals. His opponent, Andy Murray, was playing beautifully and had not dropped a set, and Cilic knew he had to strike early.

“I felt I could do it,” he says, “and did really well to push myself and get the psychological advantage [he won the first set 6-3] but in the second set it turned around a bit [he lost 6-4] and also in a mental way. When you are in front you breathe easier and each point pushes you along, but when it turns around it’s much harder, and I began to feel tired. If you are one step behind, those guys are merciless, they take everything, and it was really tough after that point to get back into it.”

“Do you like Murray?” I ask.

“I don’t have anything against him,” he says. “I get along with most of the guys. Everybody does what they think is best for them to win but outside of the court, everything is fine.”

“Who would you be closest to?” I press.

“We all hang around together but it’s very . . . [superficial],” he says. “We are not going to have dinner with each other.”

“And if you could?” I ask. “Who would you most like to sit down with? Which of your rivals’ brains would you most like to pick?”

“Federer, obviously, but I admire Nadal for his attitude and his discipline. I really like him in that sense as an athlete. He is really simple and always gives his best.”

I ask him how crushing it would be if he were never to win a slam, but the words have barely left my lips when I offer a retraction. The notion seems absurd.

“I don’t imagine you would feel crushed by anything,” I observe. “You seem far too balanced.”

“Balanced is good, but too balanced? Hmmm, maybe not,” he replies.

“You probably need a few demons,” I suggest.

“Yeah.”

“Perhaps you should play more golf.”

“That would do it,” he says, smiling.

Marin Cilic will compete against Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Andy Roddick in the AEGON championships at The Queen's Club, starting tomorrow. The tournament will be shown live, every day, on the BBC and Eurosport.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7144888.ece
Old 06-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #162
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Junie, nice article. It's funny they call him baby Goran, they couldn't be different both in personality and game. Besides, that was Mario's nickname when he started
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #163
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...s-1999096.html

Guru Goran gives Marin Cilic game for grass

World No 12 is being mentored by boyhood idol Ivanisevic and, at 21, is set to come of age at Wimbledon.

By Paul Newman

Sunday, 13 June 2010

Plenty to Cro about: At 6ft 6in, Marin Cilic is two inches taller than Goran Ivanisevic, who says his fellow Croatian can make better use of his height

GETTY IMAGES

Plenty to Cro about: At 6ft 6in, Marin Cilic is two inches taller than Goran Ivanisevic, who says his fellow Croatian can make better use of his height

He played the best tennis of his life at the Australian Open in January, has subsequently failed to recapture his best form and will prepare for the start of Wimbledon in eight days' time having lost last week in the third round at Queen's Club to a significantly lower-ranked opponent.

Marin Cilic, beaten at the Aegon Championships by Michael Llodra, has much in common with Andy Murray, whose defeat by Mardy Fish left the Scot searching for his first tournament victory of the year.

At least Cilic has won once since Australia, the 21-year-old Croatian having successfully defended his title in Zagreb the week after he lost to Murray in the semi-finals in Melbourne, which was his best Grand Slam performance to date. Like the world No 4, however, Cilic's subsequent results have been, at best, modest. In five Masters Series tournaments this year, he has failed to go beyond the last 16, which was the stage he reached at the French Open before losing in straight sets to Robin Soderling.

As he prepares for Wimbledon, nevertheless, Cilic can at least turn to a man who knows what it takes to win at the All England Club. Goran Ivanisevic, the Wimbledon champion in 2001, has been working on a part-time basis with his fellow countryman since the start of the year. "I've been in contact with him over the last couple of days and he's always there, available to help me," Cilic said in the wake of his defeat at Queen's Club.

Cilic, who is coached by Bob Brett at the Australian's academy in San Remo, is the youngest player in the world's top 100. If his form over the last four months has been moderate, he is still regarded as one of the game's outstanding prospects. The world No 12 has performed well on grass in the past and would love nothing better than to emulate the achievement of his boyhood idol.

When Ivanisevic beat Pat Rafter on "People's Monday" at Wimbledon, Cilic was just 12 years old. "I remember watching it on TV," he said. "I was at a summer tennis camp with 15 or 20 other kids. We made sure we finished our practice session in time so we could watch the final. The streets all over Croatia were empty that day. When he came back to Split after winning, 200,000 people came out to welcome him.

"He was the idol for me, as he was for any kid playing tennis in Croatia, and Wimbledon was always the tournament I grew up wanting to win. Goran made one semi at the US Open, but generally he never did as well elsewhere as he did at Wimbledon. When he was playing at Wimbledon his matches were always shown on TV. We didn't have any other guys as good as him, so Wimbledon was always the top of the mountain for me."

Cilic was 15 when he first met Ivanisevic. The former world No 2 was quickly impressed and recommended him to Brett, his former coach. They stayed in touch and at the end of last year Ivanisevic agreed to start working with Brett's protégé on an informal basis.

At 6ft 6in, Cilic is two inches taller than Ivanisevic, who believes his fellow countryman can make better use of his height advantage. "We've worked a lot on the first serve," Cilic said. "The fact that Goran speaks Croatian helps, but he can also see some things that others can't. He went through a lot of matches like I'm playing now. He knows what it feels like to be a player. He can pass on that experience to me. And of course he can be very direct in what he says, which is good when it comes to pointing me in the right way."

Modest, thoughtful and polite, Cilic thinks he has "a long way to go" before he wins a Grand Slam title. "I know now, from what happened to me in Australia, how much effort it took to get to the semi-finals," he said. "I would say that reaching the semis is only halfway towards winning a Grand Slam."

Although he grew up playing on clay and won the boys' title at Roland Garros, Cilic believes that grass suits his game better. On his first appearance at Queen's three years ago, he shocked Tim Henman in the first round and 12 months later he reached the last 16 at Wimbledon. Last year he went out in the third round to Tommy Haas after a five-set thriller that lasted nearly four-and-a-half hours.

How does he feel his Wimbledon preparations are going this year? "I have to say I'd be happier if I'd won a couple more matches, but this was my first tournament on grass this year," he said. "I'll stay in London until Wimbledon, so that will give me plenty of time to practise."

When Wimbledon is over, Cilic will have the chance to enjoy a rare return to his family's home in Medjugorje in Bosnia-Herzegovina. The small town might one day become famous for producing a Grand Slam champion, but for the moment it is best known as a place of pilgrimage. Medjugorje has attracted visitors – up to a million every year – ever since six Croatians in the town reported apparitions of the Virgin Mary in 1981.

Cilic, who was brought up in a church-going family, has met some of those who witnessed the apparitions and believes their stories. "Visitors are always going to their homes, asking them this and that, and they never turn people away," he said. "When you hear them talk you can sense that there is something inside driving them."

To Cilic, Medjugorje is a place with restorative powers. "My family all live in Medjugorje and when I need some time to rest, to get away from everything, I go there," he said. "I don't get there too often, but I try to go every three or four months. It's a quiet place and you find your peace there. It's a long way from the world of tennis, so it's a good place to recharge your batteries."
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #164
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Defending champ Melzer, Cilic into Vienna quarters

VIENNA – Defending champion Jurgen Melzer and Marin Cilic, last year's runner-up, reached the quarterfinals of the Bank Austria Trophy on Wednesday.

Melzer defeated Lukasz Kubot of Poland 7-6 (3), 7-6 (2), and Cilic beat Jan Hajek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (4), 6-2.

Melzer, the top seed at an ATP event for the first time, had an early break but then lost four consecutive games to fall behind 5-3. He saved a set point when Kubot served at 5-4, and took the opening set on his first chance in the tiebreaker.

Melzer built a 4-1 lead in the second set but again needed a tiebreaker, and converted his first match point when Kubot netted a return.

"It was far from easy as he took many risks," Melzer said of Kubot, who served 13 aces but also had nine double-faults. "I was more consistent and tried to stick to my own game."

Melzer, up to a career-high No. 12 in the world ranking, said winning the first set from 5-3 down was key.

"I was very glad to take that opener," the Austrian said. "From then on, I knew I had to rely on my own strengths."

Melzer next plays seventh-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber, who defeated fellow German Tobias Kamke 6-4, 3-6, 6-1.

Kohlschreiber, who is 3-0 against Melzer, reached the quarterfinals in Vienna for a third straight year.

The second-seeded Cilic struggled early against Hajek, who served for the opening set at 5-4.

"I broke him and from then on, I was fully focussed," Cilic said. "I served well in the tiebreaker and in the second set so winning wasn't a problem in the end."

Cilic closed out the victory on his third match point, reaching his eighth quarterfinal this season.

In first-round play, Bjorn Phau posted a 6-2, 6-4 win over fellow German Florian Mayer, who lost his third career final to Roger Federer in Stockholm on Sunday.

Phau next plays fourth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis, who had a bye in the first round.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101027/...u/ten_vienna_1

Keep going, Marin
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #165

Marin
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote