^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^ - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #136
country flag Nr 1 Fan

Nr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeNr 1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibatof View Post
Inside the world of...Marin Cilic
World No.14 Marin Cilic will try to end the hopes of Australian young gun Bernard Tomic in the second round of Australian Open 2010 on Wednesday. Here, we ask him the tough questions.

If you were not a tennis player, what would you be?

You mean in the next life? A football player.

What music is on your iPod?
I don’t listen so much the iPod, but I listen to a mix, maybe hip hop and rock.

What is your favourite breakfast?
Bread with jam with and butter.

What is your favourite thing about the Australian Open?

A lot of people and a lot of different cultures mixed. A lot of fans!

What is your favourite movie?

Troy, Lord of the Rings and Braveheart.

What do you do to get away from tennis?
Sleep.

Do you have any lucky charms or superstitions?

Sometimes I use the same shower, but I don’t really believe in that stuff.

What website do you visit every day or keep updated with?

My mail and Croatian newspapers.

What’s your worst habit?

[thinking] My worst one … after practice, I like to sit on the court for another five or 10 minutes and pack up my stuff slowly. When I am travelling, I pack up quick.

Who would you most like to have over for dinner, dead or alive?

That’s a trick question! … Jessica Biel.

source : http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...0100120126396…
Hip-hop, Marin, really?

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
DAVID GOFFIN - NOVAK DJOKOVIC
MILOS RAONIC - JERZY JANOWICZ
STANISLAS WAWRINKA - JOHN ISNER
Nr 1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #137
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ^_^ Marin' Press: articles, videos, audios and anything else you share ^_^

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ive-Start.aspx

On the side, there is an interview with him.
TiggerAngel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #138
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Credits to tennizen http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=139

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Some quotes from Marin in this article

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7037647.ece

Quote:
Coming man Marin Cilic targets major breakthrough
Barry Flatman, Sunday Times Tennis Correspondent in Dubai

Nobody could claim exclusivity when insisting Marin Cilic is the coming man of men’s tennis. The 21-year-old Croatian is the newest member of the world’s top ten, has won more matches than anyone else this year and collected two titles along the way.

Yet Cilic is probably best remembered as the fall guy when the most outlandish shot of the year flew past him and resulted in Andy Murray opening his mouth to previously uncharted levels. To refresh the memory of that Australian Open semi-final last month, Murray seemed to have lost out as Cilic skimmed the ball off the net cord, but the Scot chased the ball down, hared back to cover the subsequent lob, and spun round to hit a blistering forehand winner past his opponent at the net.

Anyone would have been crestfallen and Cilic has clear recall of both the shot and Murray’s expression of total elation. "It was a little disappointing to lose my serve like that and it’s never happened to me before that I’ve lost a point in that way,” said the player who dusted himself down smartly enough after his four-set demise and travelled home to Croatia where he collected the fifth title of his young career in Zagreb.

After beating Murray at last year’s US Open, Rafael Nadal a few weeks later in Beijing and ousting both Andy Roddick and Juan Martin del Potro in Melbourne, Cilic clearly has the credentials to unnerve the top players.

A year ago Cilic made another exemplary start to the year in the less prestigious ATP World Tour events only to lose his way as the spring took him first to the big American tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami before returning across the Atlantic to European clay.

This year he is confident things will be different and the force of his opening win in the Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships seemed to back his optimism. “This year, I'm one year older and a little stronger, physically,” he said. “I’ve also been through some experiences in the last year that will help me.

“This year the realistic goal would be to reach the Masters (Barclays ATP World Tour Championships at London’s 02 Arena) at the end and I have a good chance. Without underestimating the other guys, I’my also going to try and prioritize my goals for the grand slams.”

Cilic made relatively straightforward work of the experienced Frenchman Arnaud Clement, winning 6-2, 6-4 in exactly an hour and half under a scaldingly hot early afternoon sun. In total 13 aces flew off the Croat’s racket and he won an impressive 81 per cent of points off his first serve.

A style reminiscent of his countryman Goran Ivanisevic who, in the absence of regular coach Bob Brett, stepped in as Cilic’s advisor throughout the Zagreb tournament. “It was good experience to work with Goran,” he said. “To be with him on the court is very special because at the beginning of my career, he was my idol.

“He asked if he could help and I said it was fine. When Goran was younger he experienced many things that I'm going through. But we did some specific work on my serve which is something he knows how to do very well. I believe I can get better.”
linus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #139
country flag linus

linus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond reputelinus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAngel View Post
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ive-Start.aspx

On the side, there is an interview with him.
Thank you dear I am always thirsty for his live things

here the official site video link --> http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampi...o-Landing.aspx

so far there are two to do with Marin R1 post-match interview + feature on Marin, Djokovic& Murray
Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #140
country flag linus

Did anyone agree with me that Marin had some little cold from his voice in the interview video?

BTW... the post-match interview transcript pdf here --> http://www.barclaysdubaitennischampi...00195E295.ashx

Quote:
Q. Must be very happy with your serving today?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, well, first set wasn't that great. I mean, I didn't have a big percentage on the first serve, but also he didn't push me to the limits as I was winning my service games pretty easily.

Then it wasn't easy also second set. He was little bit off and on, hitting some good balls but then also missing. It wasn't easy for me to get the rhythm. And then later I got a little bit he slowed me down with that, missing, hitting and these things. But I was pretty happy that I won that last game.

Q. Serving's always been a major part of your game. Did your new occasional coach teach you much about serving in Zagreb the other week?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I mean, we worked on that. It should help me. He, of course, he knows some things, and he always has some refreshment is always good to listen to some advice that he is giving me. Of course, it was very helpful, and I believe I can work on it. And in the long-term plan, I can get it better.

Q. Specifically on the serve?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, well, most of the game. But the serve he has some good -- he had some good advices. And his serve was also really simple, and then he's making things really easy to learn.

Q. What sort of lessons did you learn from your experience of getting to the semifinal of the Australian Open? What have you taken from that?

MARIN CILIC: I don't know about lessons. Well, I think looking just globally in my game how I played there in some matches against the top guys, I think, helps me in understanding that I have to do those kind of things on a daily basis. I have to push myself all the time to do those things. Like last year, I was play a few tournaments good and I would like lose a little bit and then get it back. But I think looking in the future, I think those things when I play against those big guys, I have to play like that most of the time.

Q. Can you just explain how -- if you just cast your mind back to the Andy Murray match -- how did you feel when he hit that amazing shot that you lobbed him, he ran back. Can you just talk us through how you felt after that point?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean, for me it wasn't, of course, it was little bit disappointing to lose my service game like that. But I think it helped him more to get back rather than for me to be in a position that is not as good for me.

Later, I mean, he was serving pretty good. And one set all the game started to be different. I was not as sharp on the beginning, and the ball wasn't coming off my racquet as quick. And he had many more chances, obviously. Psychologically it was turned around.

Q. Did you think you'd won that point when you hit that lob so well?

MARIN CILIC: Oh, I didn't think about it. Of course, I mean it didn't happen in my career that I'm lose that kind of point before, but it's --

Q. It looked like you thought he was going to go crosscourt with it?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I mean I didn't think he was going to get it, so (smiling). That's the way it is. What can I say?

[i]Q. Your next match?

MARIN CILIC: Yeah, I play Koubek. We playedonce in Davis Cup a few years ago, and we played later. But he won here a couple of matches in quallies. He can be dangerous. I have to focus on myself to serve good and to try to play as aggressive as I can. That's the way I have to play.

Q. I think the weather is too hot for you, is it?

MARIN CILIC: Excuse me?

Q. Is it too hot?

MARIN CILIC: No, perfect. Perfect conditions. I like it. I like to play in the sun.

Q. You are playing next week Ecuador for the Davis Cup. Are you favorite for that match?

MARIN CILIC: Well, I mean looking on the paper, I think we have a solid team, also playing at home. But we can't underestimate your team, Ecuador. Of course I believe we are slight favorites, but has to be on the court. When the matches start you have to be ready to go.

Q. Do you know what surface?

MARIN CILIC: It's going to be indoors, hard court, indoors.
Really happy/funny that I guessed of his serve-trying things so right these questions helped me a lot to unsertand more well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dubai_R1overClement_interview.jpg (27.5 KB, 167 views)

Last edited by linus : 02-24-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #141
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the links and quotes

Regarding voice, it had that husky tone as if he has a cold, but it could be due something else. He looks sprightly.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #142
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Regarding voice, it had that husky tone as if he has a cold, but it could be due something else. He looks sprightly.
Perhaps you are right even it was close to the cold, I think it should be light. For many times I noticed Marin sneezed during the breaks of the matches, for the past two months this year, most of them happened in hot places so maybe it came from the climate/temperature/humidity.

This year so far Marin took care of his hair and shaving things more often I like his clear spirit
Old 02-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #143
country flag TiggerAngel

TiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond reputeTiggerAngel has a reputation beyond repute

New video with Marin in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9ptFBuUEA

Who is the girl at 0.28? I am sure that I have seen her before.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #144
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Cilic-Melzer.Dubai.2010.quarterfinal (8 parts)
was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #145
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Cilic-Garcia.Lopez.Indian.Wells.2010.2nd (6 parts)
was added HERE

Old 03-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #146
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Cilic-Garcia.Lopez.Indian.Wells.2010.2nd (6 parts)
was added HERE
Thanks, though I doubt anyone here has a wish to see that one again
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #147
country flag TiggerAngel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F53x2Jk9G5E

Yay, his Godmother is making sure that he has good food. I always worry that he is not eating enough.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #148
country flag Anya07

Verdasco-Cilic.Miami.2010.4th.incomplete (4 parts)
was added HERE

Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #149
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya07 View Post
Verdasco-Cilic.Miami.2010.4th.incomplete (4 parts)
was added HERE
Thank you dear, I will find free time to finish it
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #150
country flag linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAngel View Post
New video with Marin in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY9ptFBuUEA

Who is the girl at 0.28? I am sure that I have seen her before.
Is it you meant? I was not sure that much but... I guess she was there coz of Marin' brother?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 170651.jpg (167.5 KB, 22 views)