Doubles Tennis Tipping - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #16
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping

I would like to play it but I agree this should be another game
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

You should debut this game at Miami as long
Old 02-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #18
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea, but absurdly unpredictable.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #19
country flag FilipeMB
why did I pay for premium

FilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond reputeFilipeMB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Good idea, but absurdly unpredictable.
not. It depends on your knowldgment on doubles matches. Exactly like TT. Surprises happens more often than in Singles but it also happens in single.
FilipeMB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:19 PM   #20
country flag Drikke

Drikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond reputeDrikke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Rules

I've based me on the TT Rules and added some changes to it.

DTT Rules

1. Wild Cards (WC)

- They won't be brought to the game. We can possibly raise the issue again next year.

2. Tiebreak System (TB)

- Take a look at the TT Tiebreak System if you want to know how it works.

3. Protected Ranking (PR)

We won’t use Protected Ranking in this game.

4. Special Exempts (SE)

We won’t use Special Exemps in this game.

5. No-ranked players (NR's) before late entries (LE's) in the entry list

- Yes, NR's will become before LE's.

Entry System

The entry system went through a major overhaul for the start of 2007 season, here's how it works:

Singles

32 player draw -> 28 direct entries, 4 qualy spots (max. 16 player qualy draw, 32 only in special occasions)
64 player draw -> 56 direct entries, 8 qualy spots (max. 32 player qualy draw)
128 player draw -> 112 direct entries, 16 qualy spots (64 player qualy draw, 128 in Grand Slams)

- Entries will be based on ranking (rankings from two weeks before the start of the tournament)
- Tournament thread posted on Friday (back-up day Saturday, then Sunday) two weeks before the start of the tourney (for example, the Doha tournament on week 1 would have it's thread posted on December 14th)
- Players have 10 days (from Friday till Sunday) to commit to the tournament for singles and this will be done by ranking (doubles commitments don't start yet). The first entry deadline is always Sunday 6 pm CET
- On Sunday evening after seeing the entry lists, players that aren't among the 28 direct entries, can move to another tournament which has free places or decide not to move and play the qualies there (only 1 change is allowed, still on ranking but late entries - LE's will go to the bottom of the entry list)
- Unranked players will be listed in the order of commitment
- Friday is the deadline (the exact time is up to the tournament manager) for changes and the draws are made after that for qualies and md

Doubles

16 team draw -> 14 direct entries, 2 qualy spots (max. 8 team qualy draw, 16 only in special occasions)
32 team draw -> 28 direct entries, 4 qualy spots (max. 16 team qualy draw)
64 team draw -> 56 direct entries, 8 qualy spots (max. 32 team qualy draw)

- Entries will be based on ranking (rankings from two weeks before the start of the tournament)
- Doubles commitments start on Sunday 6 pm CET (the week before the tournament), players that are in the singles entry lists (main & qualy & alt) can now pair up

Example for Doha 2007:

Friday Dec 14 ~ tournament thread is posted, the commitments by ranking will start (no changes allowed)
Sunday Dec 24 ~ the entry list for the tournament is posted (entry deadline Sunday 6 pm CET)
Sunday Dec 24 6 pm CET ~ players can move to another tournament (1 change is allowed)
Sunday Dec 24 6 pm CET ~ doubles commitments start, players from the entry list pair up
Friday Dec 29 ~ the entry lists are finalized, the draws are done
Sat-Sun Dec 30-31 ~ quallies
Mon Jan 1 ~ main draw play will start

Draw Sizes

DTT will follow the ATP here, with the exception of getting rid of the bye in all of the tournaments. This will mean that there will only be 3 kinds of singles draws next year (for 32, 64 and 128 players). Qualifying draws are normally for 16 players, but for the weeks like Sydney & Auckland (when there's no challengers) the quallies will be extended to 32 players.

Min. number of commitments for a tournament to be run

A DTT tournament must have atleast 16 players committed for it to be run. If this number isn't reached before 2nd the deadline, the players signed-up can move to the other tournaments held the same week without being marked as late entries. Doubles tournament needs to have atleast 8 teams committed to be run.

Counting the retired matches?

The match will be counted if one point is played. Retired matches won't count in the TB System.

Qualifying for the Tennis Masters Cup

Top 16 players in the doubles race rankings will qualify for the TMC. Top 8 players in the singles race rankings will qualify for the TMC. Ties will be broken by total points gathered in the Grand Slams that year.

Lucky Loser System

LL's just like in the ATP, except the order of lucky losers will be determined with the 'old' system (most correct picks, SR's, PTS...)

Late picks

They will be accepted, if they're not in a LL round. One late pick is enough for that player to be replaced with a LL. The pick is late if the match has started (one point is played). If there are no scores available and somebody sends late picks, the manager must estimate which matches have started and not count them. Use 90 minutes as the match-time for each match.

Ranking System

The ranking system will remain the same (4 "mandatory" Grand Slams + 14 best others), but 0's for missing a Slam (which the player could have played with his ranking) will be added just like in the ATP. TMC points will be counted as an extra 19th tournament.

Partner sending both players doubles tips

Will not be accepted anymore, the picks must come from two different players.

Saving the daily schedule

When running a tournament, the manager should keep the old schedule (OOP + TB's) visible and not just edit the post with the next one. This is recommended in case there's a mistake or if somebody would like check for example what the order of TB matches were.

Playing DTT with more than one account

In order to retain the integrity and the spirit of TT, this is not allowed. Players that appear to be suspicious of having accounts transmitting from the same IP, will have their IP’s checked by the supermods and could risk being suspended in TT. A 2-year ban is the standard lenght for the cheaters.

Standard schedules for tournaments

Code:
DTT Doubles Draw size 16

Monday ~ DTT Qualy 
Tuesday ~ DTT R16
Wednesday & Thursday ~ DTT QF
Friday ~ DTT SF
Saturday & Sunday ~ DTT Final

TT Draw size 32

Monday ~ DTT Qualy 
Tuesday ~DTT R32
Wednesday ~ DTT R16
Thursday ~ DTT QF
Friday ~ DTT SF

TT Doubles Draw size 32

Monday ~ DTT Qualy 
Tuesday ~ DTT R32
Wednesday ~ DTT R16
Thursday ~ DTT QF
Friday ~ DTT SF

TT Draw size 64

Monday ~ DTT Qualy 
Tuesday ~ DTT R64
Wednesday ~DTT R32
Thursday ~ DTT R16
Friday ~DTT QF
Saturday ~ DTT SF
Sunday ~ DTT Final
DTT Ranking Points Table

Code:
Tournament    Financial                            Add’l Qualifying
Category     Commitment   W   F  SF  QF  R16   R32  R64 R128 points
Grand Slam              1000 700 450 250 150   75   35    5      15
Masters Series           500 350 225 125  75   35   5(20)(5)*    15
Other Weeks              250 175 110  60  25   5(15)(5)**        10
Tournaments

DTT Tournaments will be different from TT Tournament. We will only play 1 tournament each week but and you'll have to pick matches of different locations. The manager will decide which matches you've got to predict. These matches can be matches of all ATP and challenger events which are held that week. Managers will have to chose the matches so that everyone is able to make his predictions.

Next tournament : Open 13 ... http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=11738780

Last edited by Drikke : 02-18-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Drikke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #21
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute
Default DTT Davis Cup ?

As Davis Cup World Group Quarterfinals is coming soon, I was wondering if we could have DTT with Davis Cup (of course, only picking Doubles matches).

I would suggest the following format but any further suggestion is welcome:

- 8 country teams playing in World Group based on DTT ranking (Singles or Doubles ?) of their best 2 players (DTT Ranking after Miami is used)
- Each country is made of 2 players who will play together. If more than 2 players of the same country commit for the game, the best ranked players will be selected.

Current team which could be selected:

Brasil: MuriloBrasil/Robin Hood
Argentina: Enjoy Incubus/ExcaliburII
Portugal: meninosantos/HenryMag
Romania: Huff/Georg
Switzerland: Nando_L/maldini
Georgia: Gigi/?
Belgium: Drikke/?
Canada: Snowwy/?
France: trucul/?
Russia: Nadie/?
Germany: JMG/?
Israel: vamos israel/?

The game will be a DTT Doubles match based on picks from Davis Cup Doubles matches taking place on Saturday in World Group.

Winners will qualify for Semi Finals.

Criteria to select teams and who will play for which country can be discussed. Any feedback is welcome
trucul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #22
country flag diego36arg

diego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond repute

Im Germany with JMG please.

@diego36arg

http://s1.skijumpmania.com/r3565
diego36arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #23
country flag trucul

trucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond reputetrucul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego36arg View Post
Im Germany with JMG please.
I was just asking for feedbacks what could be the rules and criteria. So, I understand you vote for the fact this is not important if an Argentinian player plays for another country such as
Germany.

Let us wait for feedbacks from others. Once rules and criteria are decided, a separate thread will be created and then you will be able to commit.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:29 PM   #24
country flag Fired Up!
Those who fight.

Fired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond reputeFired Up! has a reputation beyond repute

I think everything is great. But of course, the countries can be mixed up a bit.

Novak Djokovic - Stanislas Wawrinka
Fired Up! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #25
country flag diego36arg

diego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond reputediego36arg has a reputation beyond repute

Im Germany, look my flag.

@diego36arg

http://s1.skijumpmania.com/r3565
diego36arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #26
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Trucul i'd like to be in a Team with my doubles partner is that possible?

Venezuela: Lucho_Coria/Jeronimo since Argentina is taken?

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #27
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

And let them be selected by rankings

W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Old 03-23-2008, 10:42 PM   #28
country flag NoFroz

NoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond reputeNoFroz has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna play too, sadly im the only uruguayan here
NoFroz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #29
country flag trucul

I am thinking about another format which could bring more participants. If we are only handling with 8 teams and the average number of DTT participants is between 16 and 32, I would suggest the following.

- 8 teams participating in World Group, each team representing one country. The choice of the team is free. If there are more than 8 teams, the choice of the 8 selected teams will be decided on the DTT Singles ranking of the 2 best players. The players being in remaining teams will then apply to participate to the other teams.
- each team is made of 2 to 4 players with 1 captain (by default, the highest ranked in Singles DTT by default)

- one DTT Davis Cup match will be 3 matches: 2 singles and 1 doubles. At least one member of each team needs to play one match.
- for a team with 2 players, players A and B play one Singles and 1 doubles.
- for a team with 3 players, player A plays 1 Singles and 1 doubles, player B plays 1 singles, player C plays 1 Doubles.
- for a team with 4 players, players A and B play 1 Singles, players C and D play 1 Doubles.

- all these 3 matches are based on picks from the 4 doubles of the Davis Cup QF World Group.

Winner is the one that wins 2 of these 3 matches and is qualified for DTT Davis Cup Semi-Final. Teams qualified for Semi-Finals will be unchanged.

I will wait for further feedbacks and if everything is OK, I can create the thread during this week.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #30
country flag Tzar

I like it