The "On their way to being the best US DC doubles team ever" 2008 DC Thread! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #136
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "On their way to being the best US DC doubles team ever" 2008 DC Thread!

besides them rooting for: Bob Bryan; Mike Bryan; MarTy Fish
Kate87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #137
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "On their way to being the best US DC doubles team ever" 2008 DC Thread!

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #138
country flag Kate87

Kate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond reputeKate87 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM   #139
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #140
country flag Kate87

agreed

Old 04-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #141
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

So if the Boys win on Saturday, they're the best ever
=========================
Davis Cup competition brings out very best in Bryan brothers
By Bonnie D. Ford
ESPN.com

Bob and Mike Bryan are as intense as it gets about Davis Cup, and one of the hallmarks of that intensity is their near-photographic recall of certain point sequences and head-to-head records. Yet they're trying not to fixate too much when it comes to the statistical milestone looming in front of them.

Should the twins win their match against the French duo of Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra this Saturday in Winston-Salem, N.C., they'll have achieved a terrific double themselves. The world's top-ranked duo would push its career Davis Cup record to 15-1, which represents both the most victories and the best winning percentage in U.S. team history -- a ledger that goes back 108 years.

"If we stop, we have the best record,'' Mike Bryan said. "We're going to keep playing and we're going to put that record out there every time we step out there. If we get two losses …"

"Well, we're probably going to get two losses,'' Bob Bryan said, finishing the thought. "If we're going to be playing for the next whatever, as long as Pat [McEnroe]'s around, he's probably going to choose us to play doubles.

"Can we stay unblemished? We're 14-and-1 right now, and it would be great to say let's just put that in a time capsule, and leave it, but we're going to put this on the line for the next five years. We really can't think about 15-and-1, because we're not going to stop. It could be 15-and-2, it could be 20-and-3.

"Maybe we can be the best team of all time for a few weeks.''

The brothers, who will turn 30 later this month, made their debut for the U.S. in late 2003 when captain Patrick McEnroe overcame his reluctance to select them and thereby leave himself without a true singles replacement.

They've more than vindicated his decision since then, giving the team its first solid pairing since Ken Flach and Robert Seguso's run in the late 1980s and early '90s, and have made the doubles point in the best-of-five competitions almost automatic.

The Bryans have won at home and away, indoors and outdoors, on clay, grass and hard courts, and they're good at closing things out: They're 5-0 in clinching situations. The Bryans' lone loss came at home in 2006 against the Croatian duo of Ivan Ljubicic and Mario Ancic.

A successful title defense in Miami gave the Bryans a boost going into this weekend. It was their first championship of 2008 after reaching the finals of four of their six previous tournaments. That wouldn't have been termed a slump for most teams, but the Bryans spoiled their fans last year with 11 titles, including five Masters Series events and the Australian Open.

The Sony Ericsson win "was huge for us,'' Bob Bryan told reporters in Winston-Salem last Sunday. "I thought we played our best tennis in a long time.

"We beat three top teams pretty handily, so, you know, right now [we] told Pat we're peaking at the right time, and we feel really good, really healthy and playing well.''

Flach and Seguso, who starred for the U.S. more than a decade before the Bryans' arrival, have a special appreciation for what the brothers have accomplished.

Olympic gold medalists, two-time Wimbledon winners and 1985 U.S. Open champions, Flach and Seguso went undefeated in Davis Cup play from March 1985 to April 1989, winning 10 straight before losing their last two matches, both on the road, to France and Germany.

The American pair met the Bryans when the latter were wide-eyed youngsters. "I knew when they were coming up that they'd be a great doubles team, but I never thought they'd be this good,'' Seguso said. "They play physical. So many teams don't play physical now, and they're all over you, at the net, in your face.''

Seguso called the Bryans' record so far "a great feat,'' especially since it includes seven road wins against no losses. The brothers have won in Slovakia, Spain, Belgium, Russia, the Czech Republic and Austria on clay and in Sweden on hard court.

"It's a whole different atmosphere playing against 12,000 people rooting against you,'' said Seguso, who recalled facing exceptionally hostile crowds in Mexico and South America. "People threw things at us. We had to have extra security. Your nerves get involved. It's not an easy situation to handle.''

Flach agreed.

"You could throw the rankings away,'' he said. "I saw some amazing performances by lower-ranked players who seemed to be able to rise to the occasion and play at superhuman levels when it was for their country. I always enjoyed the competition and pressure and the spotlight and the fact that the doubles were highlighted on Saturday, and I think the Bryans feel the same way.

"I couldn't think of a better pair of players to represent our country. They're ambassadors. I'm proud of them and happy for them, and I hope they [break the record]. Gosh, they could play for another 10 years if they wanted to.''

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:09 PM   #142
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #143
country flag Kate87

Old 04-11-2008, 06:10 AM   #144
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #145
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #146
country flag Deboogle!.

omg that's so cute

Old 04-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #147
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

very! kudos to peggy for finding it
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #148
country flag Björki
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch

Björki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond reputeBjörki has a reputation beyond repute

it was not really me. Someone posted a different one in TT thread so I went there

Bryans || Djokovic || Paire || Chiudinelli || Nalbandian || Hanley || Rojer || Nadal
Söderling || Verdasco || Wawrinka || Simon || O. Rochus || Leo Mayer

Björkman || Arthurs || Edberg || Rafter || T.Johansson || M.Norman || Aspelin
Björki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #149
country flag Deboogle!.

Looks like history will have to wait til another time the guys are just not themselves out there. So many points they have failed to put the ball away and lost the point, so bizarre and so unlike them.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #150
country flag Tytta!.
(:

:retard: