Who is going? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #16
country flag Claudio

Claudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

Yes, it seems the same to me too... I really don´t understand. Yesterday I tried to buy tkts again and better ones were offered... when I proceeded to finish the buy... nothing!

Guess our best shot now is trying to buy as soon as the regular selling time begins or at the tournament site.

Can someone from the US please help us on this matter?

Tks!
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #17
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem like for right now everything is sold out, but there were probably only a certain amount of tickets reserved for the presale customers.

When I went last year, I didn't get my ticket for Ashe for the second Tuesday until I was such Djokovic was going to be playing that day... so.. that was pretty much Sunday or Monday, and I was still able to get an Ashe seat. It wasn't a great ticket, but it wasn't sold out. I've never ordered my tickets very early before, so I can only assume it's a pretty small amount of tickets for the presale. For example, I need to get a ticket for September 1, which is the only day I'm really worried about since I prefer grounds passes, and even grounds passes are "sold out" right now. When tickets open up to the general public, I think there will be seats available again. I've never had a problem before

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #18
country flag Claudio

Claudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond reputeClaudio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troickitard View Post
It does seem like for right now everything is sold out, but there were probably only a certain amount of tickets reserved for the presale customers.

When I went last year, I didn't get my ticket for Ashe for the second Tuesday until I was such Djokovic was going to be playing that day... so.. that was pretty much Sunday or Monday, and I was still able to get an Ashe seat. It wasn't a great ticket, but it wasn't sold out. I've never ordered my tickets very early before, so I can only assume it's a pretty small amount of tickets for the presale. For example, I need to get a ticket for September 1, which is the only day I'm really worried about since I prefer grounds passes, and even grounds passes are "sold out" right now. When tickets open up to the general public, I think there will be seats available again. I've never had a problem before
Wow! That´s great news indeed! Thanks! Let´s hope monday brings good news.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

I got grounds passes for Labor Day weekend (Aug 29-Sept 1). Didn't have any luck for decent seats in Ashe or Armstrong for the USTA presale, the American Express presale, or the general public sale (either nosebleed or sold out), but the last time I went, over a decade ago, you could get there and buy seats at the box office. Might be different for Labor Day weekend because it always appears packed since it is a long holiday weekend here. I think there is some sort of ticket exchange for the season ticket holders, so if they don't want to go to one session they can put it up for sale (check the US Open website, I think it's on there). I think the season ticket holders have most of the good seats. Corporate sponsors have the terrific seats.
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #20
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I got crappy Ashe seats for the first Monday-Wednesday and another crappy Ashe seat for Labor Day.

I don't understand this year why it's impossible to get an okay ticket. I did better last year. Maybe next year I'll have to get a season ticket and just put up for sale the ones I don't want (or sell them to MTF-ers)

I think the reason it's so bad right now is that they're still selling all those packages so all the seats are still on "reserve" for people who want those... once they stop selling those, then the tickets will all get released

Last edited by Jessebel : 06-11-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #21
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of going early on in the tournie.
And my tickets will be for free if I go
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #22
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Thinking of going early on in the tournie.
And my tickets will be for free if I go
Sueeee you should go

We could meet properly instead of you seeing the back of my head

Old 06-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
country flag magnum44

magnum44 is on a distinguished road
Default Tickets For USO

Gotta a very important question: Is there any possibility of buying tickets right before a particular match? Or do I have to book them in advance? My problem is that I'll be spending my free time near NYC during the US Open and I'll not have the slightest idea of when I am able to visit NYC or Flushing Meadows. Please, help!!!
magnum44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:37 AM   #24
#freeviktor

Default Re: Tickets For USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum44 View Post
Gotta a very important question: Is there any possibility of buying tickets right before a particular match? Or do I have to book them in advance? My problem is that I'll be spending my free time near NYC during the US Open and I'll not have the slightest idea of when I am able to visit NYC or Flushing Meadows. Please, help!!!
You *should* be able to get grounds passes at least right before. Ashe tickets are weird this year and are somehow mostly sold out

Old 06-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #25
country flag magnum44

'Grounds passes'- please explain!
Everything at Ashe sold out? Even the first round?!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #26
#freeviktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum44 View Post
'Grounds passes'- please explain!
Everything at Ashe sold out? Even the first round?!
Grounds passes are tickets that get you into the grounds and you can go see any match except for the matches in Ashe You can sit in most of the seats in Armstrong, the Grandstand and all the outer courts For the early rounds it's the best deal, you can see so much tennis. But of course you won't get to see Nadal or Federer. Last year Ivanovic's first round match was on Armstrong though, as was Djokovic's so I got to see those.

The tickets sold out very very fast this year. You might still be able to get tickets in Ashe, but for a lot of days they are sold out. Tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com If there aren't tickets now you can check back closer to the event and more tickets that weren't sold as "packages" will probably be released to the public.

Hope this helps

Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #27
country flag magnum44

Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #28
country flag fedsfan1

fedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond reputefedsfan1 has a reputation beyond repute

i have been going to the USO on regular basis for the past 6 years. I NEVER buy my tickets ahead of time. I will buy them the first day of the qualifing rds, at the box office. usually, in my experience, you can always buy tickets the day before or the day of the event at the box office, you just have to remember that there are very long lines, esp on the weekends.
I have watched Roger win 4 USO Titles & I always bought my ticket the day of the final at the box office.
They USTA releases tickets the day of the match. I was there for the semi's last year but had to get my ticket for the final the morning of....so stupid.

if you guys need any more help, feel free to ask. I will try to help in any way I can.

cheers
Laura
fedsfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #29
country flag downunderthunder

downunderthunder is on a distinguished road

Hello! I'd love it if you could give me some advice.
The situation is this: my father and I will be in and around New York this year from the morning of September 4th onwards. As a HUGE tennis fan, I am very keen to go to the US Open during this time. However, trying to buy tickets from overseas (where I am now) online through sites (whatever came up on google, ticketnow, tickco, etc.) has proven very expensive. The matches that I am looking at in this time period are the mens quarters or semis. From reading online and looking at pics, the upper promenade seems WAY TOO FAR AWAY to see anything, but even these tickets are selling for $150-$250! It also seems that it isn't impossible to sneak your way down to loge seats if it isn't crowded - is this true and what are my chances in the quarters? Given that I do not want to spend upwards of $300 for a average-at-best seat, what are my options? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
downunderthunder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be in NY on holidays during the qualifying week, so I've planned to go there to watch some matches either on Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on the weather etc). I'm looking forward to see the place, I've never been at US Open before.

Elina

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote