Who's Going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #1
country flag hawkeye

hawkeye is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Who's Going?

Anybody know how tickets work for the 08 French Open? I bought my plane ticket and reserved an apartment, now I have my fingers crossed that I can get my hands on tickets. I submitted an application online through the FFT. Now just have to wait til April...

Is it a lottery or is it first-come first-served? If it's a lottery, anybody know the likelihood of actually getting tickets? Obviously would depend on what day you're trying to get, we're trying for tickets for the entire second week. 4 of us submitted for two days each, we doubled up on tix for the finals on Sunday just in case. Anybody have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!
hawkeye is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Purchasing 08 tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
Anybody know how tickets work for the 08 French Open? I bought my plane ticket and reserved an apartment, now I have my fingers crossed that I can get my hands on tickets. I submitted an application online through the FFT. Now just have to wait til April...

Is it a lottery or is it first-come first-served? If it's a lottery, anybody know the likelihood of actually getting tickets? Obviously would depend on what day you're trying to get, we're trying for tickets for the entire second week. 4 of us submitted for two days each, we doubled up on tix for the finals on Sunday just in case. Anybody have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance!
Hi hawkeye. It is very much a lottery - I have known people apply in November and not get any, and others who apply a day before the deadline and get them It is done on a ballot system like Wimbledon. I know for the first week that it's generally pretty easy to get tickets, as they sell Grounds Passes as well, and lots of people prefer those, as so many good matches take place on the outside courts in the first week, and they are cheaper than show courts. I think second week is obviously harder as you're really only looking to get on the Showcourts and there is a very high demand , but I would think between all of you, you will be alright.

Btw - if you go into the Archive section here, and look at the Roland Garros sections for both 2006 and 2007, you will find lots of threads about tickets, accomodation, general tips etc which you may find helpful.

Enjoy your trip.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Purchasing 08 tickets?

I think you'll be fine for the first week.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:03 AM   #4
country flag mirzic

mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic
Default help needed

hey peeps
i am looking to go to roland garros for the 1st time this year
maybe for the 1st 5 days of main draw
i am interesting in getting advice from others who have been before
i would like just a ground pass. does that entitle you to go to any main stadium (phillipe chatrier, suzanne lenglen)? can you get tickets on the day? do you have to line up? or do you have to buy them before hand?
also what about accomodation? i am thinking maybe find a hostel close to the venue. any suggestions?
hope someone can help me out
any assistance will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance
mirzic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed

Nope, ground passes don't get you into the showcourts. It's also not advisable to get tickets on the day. While they may have some available at the cash decks, and while there are many ticket touts, it's best to just order them in advance.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

Since some days I also know for sure that I will go to RG this year again
Already so much looking forward to it

As I only know since this week that I get holidays during RG, I unfortunately missed the deadline to apply for tickets
I know it is still very early, but in order to avoid queueing early in the morning, I already ask if someone maybe has spare-tickets? I would need tickets for the first days sunday to wednesday.

So, please think of me anyone who already has or gets a spare ticket

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
country flag anon57

anon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond reputeanon57 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first year I've entered the ballot for RG tickets and I had a question to those who've entered before, when do you usually hear whether you got the tickets or not.
anon57 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:00 AM   #8
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

on the online form it says that they are going to start balloting the non FFT members from 7th April, so you should hopefully hear something from next week if things go to plan.
I think I heard about the middle of April when I got tickets last year, via email, so hopefully not long to wait now.

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #9
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon57 View Post
This is the first year I've entered the ballot for RG tickets and I had a question to those who've entered before, when do you usually hear whether you got the tickets or not.
PinkFeatherBoa (nice name BTW) is right, you should normally hear from them in the coming weeks. When are you planning to go ?
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
country flag gigi51

gigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go there surently at Benny Berthet's day and on Wednesday 28th May for the 2nd round...
Old 04-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
on the online form it says that they are going to start balloting the non FFT members from 7th April, so you should hopefully hear something from next week if things go to plan.
I think I heard about the middle of April when I got tickets last year, via email, so hopefully not long to wait now.
Two friends of mine receved their emails from the FFT today, so obviously the system is now well underway

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #12
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I've heard back on my order now, just waiting on my friend's.

I got seats ok for the first week as usual but I was wondering if anyone knows how you tell which zone you have on Chatrier, since they changed the zone names. I have tickets in H.Cochet, I guess that this is the old "blue zone" based on how much they're costing.

I actually ended up with much worse seats this year than last, despite applying early for once! This ballot system is so stupid!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFeatherBoa View Post
Yes, I've heard back on my order now, just waiting on my friend's.

I got seats ok for the first week as usual but I was wondering if anyone knows how you tell which zone you have on Chatrier, since they changed the zone names. I have tickets in H.Cochet, I guess that this is the old "blue zone" based on how much they're costing.

I actually ended up with much worse seats this year than last, despite applying early for once! This ballot system is so stupid!
Sorry I can't help you with that As far as I remember though, the "foreigners" always get the worst seats in the Ballot - as near to the back as possible Yes - one of my friends is a bit disappointed with the Ballot this year, - she applied in the very first week and only got one ticket for the first Sunday when she wanted two. Presumably they must have sold out really quickly! So if anyone has a spare for the first Sunday, please PM me and I will let her know as I know she would be very happy to buy it

Old 04-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #14
jtipson

jtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond reputejtipson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Sorry I can't help you with that As far as I remember though, the "foreigners" always get the worst seats in the Ballot - as near to the back as possible
Yes, unfortunately that does seem to be the case. I always ask for red zone, but am usually quite a long way back even so.

This year I've not heard anything yet and have been checking the website every day since Monday, but then I did ask for two tickets for the men's final, so not sure I'll get those. It's annoying to have to wait so long though, because I need to book flights very soon. At least for Wimbledon the ballot results are out in good time - during the second week of the AO.
jtipson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 PM   #15
country flag straume

straume is on a distinguished road

Anyone have two spare tickets for saturday 31? I did not get any in the lottery. Is it hard to get tickets by the gate? All help appreciated.
straume is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote