Henman up for superset tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
country flag MissPovaFan

MissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond reputeMissPovaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Henman up for superset tennis

From official Tim Henman site... Henman enters super set

Henman up for Superset Tennis

15/6/04 9:31 AM

British number one Tim Henman has set his sights on capturing the first prize of £250,000 when the first Superset Tennis event is held at London's Wembley Arena in October.

Henman will be joined by seven other players; those confirmed so far include former Wimbledon champion John McEnroe (USA) and British number two Greg Rusedski.

Also scheduled to appear are Spain’s teenage prodigy Rafael Nadal, US Davis Cup star Robbie Ginepri, and former Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic, with two other participants yet to be announced.

The players will battle it out in a one set, sudden death elimination contest on Sunday October 3, 2004.

Superset Tennis mixes international sports stars with DJs, stunning lighting, plasma screens and the latest technology in an attempt to present a turbo-charged sporting experience like no other.

“I’m looking forward to it as it should be a lot of fun for both the players and the fans,” said Henman. “It’s a very unique event and the atmosphere should be fantastic.”

“As it’s only one set anything could happen but it’s indoors so I’m confident that if I can play anywhere near my best I’ve got a great chance of doing well.”

McEnroe more than most is relishing the opportunity to take part in the event as he believes the format gives him the best opportunity to prove he can still beat the world's finest.

"I can give anyone on the men's tour a run for his money for a set or two,” said the outspoken veteran.

The tournament is played over two sessions, an afternoon session 'Superset Elimin8' and a night session 'Superset Final4'. The first session features all eight players in four head-to-head sets. The losers are then eliminated and the winners are promoted to the semi-finals and then the final.

The tournament is scheduled to be shown live on Sky Sports with highlights on BBC1's ‘Grandstand’. For more information and ticket availability go to www.superset.tv, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.whatsonwembley.com.
MissPovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote