Shin-Splints ? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #1
country flag Goodia

Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia
Default Shin-Splints ?

Hi, recently after playing tennis i have often got pains below my knee and i was wondering if anyone on here suffered from shin-splints. Also as i am not sure if that is the case with me i was wondering what type of pain you recieve and how bad it is and what do you use in order to treat it or aid it ?

Thanks
Goodia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
country flag JustJames
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond reputeJustJames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shin-Splints ?

Posted this in your GM thread:

I used to have problems with my shins whilst playing football/tennis, however I realised that it always occurred if I had began a new jogging regime. After speaking to the guy who ran the gym that I went to I was advised to buy a special pair of trainers because having shin problems is often due to the way you plant your foot whilst running/jogging etc. I ended up getting a pair of asics trainers that are made to force you to plant your foot properly; I haven't experienced any problems since.

When you say pain do you experience a burning sensation as if your shins are inflamed?

Supporting British tennis at: http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/
JustJames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
country flag Goodia

Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia Goodia

I cannot not really describe the pain , sometimes it feels as though it is like a bruise but there is a constant dull ache and no bruise.
Goodia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
country flag serve_it_up

serve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond reputeserve_it_up has a reputation beyond repute

Yea I've had shinsplints..and i got them when i was peaking with my tennis..(16-17)
It got so bad it neraly became a fracture..
shin splints are caused by repetitive strain on your shins (especially if you play on hardcourts and if your tennis shoes dont complement the way you land on your feet)
the best advice is to rest, get the right tennis shoes and see your sports doctor oh and if you HAVE to play ice your shins before and after the match...

the worst thing is that it can become a repetitive injury..
serve_it_up is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote