How fare away will Marin go in Brisbane? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default How fare away will Marin go in Brisbane?

I think he will play at least semis,he has also win the tournament,but he is young.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How fare away will Marin go in Brisbane?

Marin is playing Chennai as last year, when he lost in the semis to Youzhny. He should be able to repeat the semi again, in which case he'll probably play either Davydenko or Wawrinka (do they randomly draw in which half is the 3rd and 4th seed as in slams or is it set in advance?). From others, if I had one player to choose he could avoid, it would be Schuettler. He can get sucked into the grind fest and start missing too much for those kind of opponents.
oranges is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes,Marin will play in Chennai,sorry.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

I think he is potential for bif stuffs.He can win in Ao.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
I think he is potential for bif stuffs.He can win in Ao.
Enthusiasm is nice, just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen just yet Seriously, it will be very interesting to see how he'll do this season. Last year was definitely a breakthrough in many respects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the slams the most.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to Marin in Chennai and for the 2009 season. He undoubtedly has the talent to go much further - and I wish good luck for him

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Enthusiasm is nice, just don't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen just yet Seriously, it will be very interesting to see how he'll do this season. Last year was definitely a breakthrough in many respects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the slams the most.
No,no i think I am serious enough in knowledge of tennis to think he can win.But maybe he doesn't have enough power for 7 matches on GS,but he has quality to beat anybody.He just need better percentage of first servis and more power(he didn't have power against djokovic in 4th set on US open because of winning tournament in New Haven week before) to win some GS.
He has all he need,talent and head.but he is still 20 so he will be more better.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
country flag oranges

^^ Well, that's more or less the same I was saying. I just don't think it's so much the issue of strength for 7 consecutive matches, more of experience and confidence that goes with it. Last year's Wimbledon, I was at the same time delighted that he made the 4th round (and how he made it) and devastated that he then lost to Clement. It was purely due to inexperience and nervousness at the prospect of QF and possibly semis. He learns fast, but until you make the semis or finals, I don't think you can really be prepared for it. Game-wise, I'd take a more consistent FH over higher first serve percentage.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #9
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Let's see.Ancic was exelent potential with 20,but ancic's limit was/is 4th in the world(behind nadal,federer,djokovic) but believe me,I am sport fanatic,Cilic is bigger potential than ancic was,he is potential for no.l.And I have that touch that I can fill how far he can.It is meny our sportsman that I prognosticate that they will be one of the best in the world,and only I can say cilic is born for big stuffs,(ancic limit is semis of GS)for winning of GS.
At least,you are right:you need expirience to win on GS and it's very hard without it to win in first attempt.
Whatever,I would be pleased if he reach quaters on ao.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
country flag oranges

Hope Marin proves your right and Mario wrong
Old 12-31-2008, 10:03 AM   #11
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
Hope Marin proves your right and Mario wrong
yes