Ryan Harrison thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
country flag Haile Selassie

Haile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryan Harrison thread

Ryan Harrison's impressive run at the 2008 Australian Open officially came to an end Friday, as the talented young American fell in the boys' semifinals to Tsung-Hua Yang of Chinese Taipei, 6-4, 7-6 (7). The 15-year-old from New Braunfels, Texas, ended the tournament with the best results of any other American competing at the year's first Grand Slam.
Seeded fourth in the draw and playing in only the second Slam of his career, Harrison posted straight-set wins in his first two matches against Robert Coman of Romania and Sam Garforth-Bles of Canada. He notched come-from-behind victories in the next two rounds, defeating Hiroki Moriya of Japan, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, in the round of 16 and Wu Di of China, 3-6, 6-3, 6-0, before falling to No. 10 seed Yang in two tight sets. He also reached the doubles quarterfinals in Melbourne with his Aussie partner Matt Reid.

In addition to his performance Down Under, Harrison has had a great start to the 2008 season, with results that include winning the doubles title at the Traralgon ITF, held the week of Jan. 4, and reaching the singles quarterfinals at the Nottinghill ITF, which took place the week of Jan. 12.

He is coming off an outstanding year in 2007, when he won his first ITF Grade A title in October at the Osaka Mayor's Cup, captured consecutive ITF titles in May at the Grade 5 ITF Spring Circuit in Spring, Texas, and the Grade 4 ITF Spring Circuit, Texas, and recorded an impressive 32-8 record in ITF Junior Circuit play.

Harrison, who trains at the John Newcombe Tennis Academy in New Braunfels, turned pro at the end of last year and plans to compete in 2008 at national and international junior tournaments, as well as at events on the USTA Pro Circuit.

His talent has not gone unnoticed by some of the game's great players. Last year, the 6-foot right-hander practiced with Andy Roddick during the US Open, and he now has plans for a trip to Los Angeles to work out with his idol, 14-time Grand Slam champion Pete Sampras.

Harrison is currently ranked a career-high No. 12 in the ITF World Junior Rankings

.Kuerten.Federer.Gaudio.Coria.Santoro.Gasquet.Araz i.Qureshi.Bopanna.
Calleri.Pella.Collarini.Estrella.Zeballos.Safin.Lo pez.Rochus.Malisse

.Wayne & Byron Black.T Martin.TJohansson.Vilas.Clerc.Jaite.
Haile Selassie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #2

Haile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond reputeHaile Selassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryan Harrison thread

Interview with Ryan in here (audio/video) :

http://www.usta.com/audiovideo_austr...LL&contentId=1

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
country flag Roberthol

Roberthol is on a distinguished road

I saw him play his first tournament in Europe (Holland) when he was 11. He beat all 13 and 14 year old boys with such ease, I was predicting him a great future. Great to see him winning his first ATP match 4 years later!
Roberthol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

There is already a Ryan Harrison thread in the Forum for the US players. Have a look here.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #5
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

are u eriet???

this thread was created much before than that thread u are saying
this is about Ryan Harrison junior careeer

Ryan was semifinalist in Australian Open Junior this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend

Last edited by GustavoM_Fan : 04-21-2008 at 01:28 PM.
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #6
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #7

It is nice to see a junior played doing great in an ATP tournament

Old 04-21-2008, 02:47 AM   #8
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing in Baton Rouge this week.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:35 AM   #9
country flag Dupuis2006

Dupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond reputeDupuis2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavoM_Fan View Post
are u eriet???

this thread was created much before than that thread u are saying
this is about Ryan Harrison junior careeer

Ryan was finalist in Australian Open Junior this year
Semifinalist that is.
Dupuis2006 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
country flag GustavoM_Fan

GustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond reputeGustavoM_Fan has a reputation beyond repute

yes. u are right. he was semifinalist. his opponnent lost to Tomic in the final

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas kastoria View Post
HELlas ole ole
thanks felip for your help.i m priciate u friend
GustavoM_Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote