2008 Standings, Labamba succesfully defends title :worship: - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2008, 01:24 AM   #31
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 Standings

Labamba and keqtqiadv dominated the 26th round as they do the overall standing. Labamba leads the titles leaderboard with four wins.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #32

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 Standings

Mincheff won his second title in three weeks in the 27th round.
Meanwhile Labamba is close to deciding the championship (he is also doing well in the next round). Although Labamba has been helped by keqtqiadv missing two weeks, there is no doubt he will be a deserved winner.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 11-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #33

Default Re: 2008 Standings, Labamba succesfully defends title :worship:

After 29 rounds, Labamba has decided the championship and defends his title. Congratulations Ville!

What is interesting is that Labamba started slowly and did not achieve better than 5th place in any of the first ten rounds despite consistently scoring some points...but then he stepped up and went on to win five rounds and get 2nd place two times, which no-one has come near to over the whole season.

The last two rounds were particularly good for two relative newcomers from the US, Glab311 and Snoo Foo, well done.

Only one round is left, in which JMG still has a chance to take second place in the overall standings with a good round. Labamba still needs to score points one more time to attain the record of having scored points every round.

Last edited by TankingTheSet : 11-16-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #34
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #35

The final round saw some shifts in the places 7-10 with seulCONTREtous rising to 7th place. Glab311 completed a very impressive last three rounds.

Labamba has won the season with a 44 point lead from keqtqiadv. So it is very unlikely that keqtqiadv would have been able to come to close to Labamba if he had not missed two rounds. In all respects Labamba is the deserving champion.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:10 AM   #36

Medal Table

Note: There's an obvious error in the table, Labamba has five titles, not four.

Last edited by TankingTheSet : 12-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #37
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Labamba!!!
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:15 AM   #38
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
After 29 rounds, Labamba has decided the championship and defends his title. Congratulations Ville!

What is interesting is that Labamba started slowly and did not achieve better than 5th place in any of the first ten rounds despite consistently scoring some points...but then he stepped up and went on to win five rounds and get 2nd place two times, which no-one has come near to over the whole season.
Thank you very much Gotta say your work here and in the other games has been nothing short of brilliant this year, respect!

I didn't expect to defend my title and for the large part of the season it looked like one of my two main rivals Murilo or Jan would take it. Then I found my old form, though winning 5 rounds was surprising to me. Not sure if I'll continue next year, but this really is a fun game and a great way to test your knowledge of the challenger circuit.
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote