Davis Cup 2008 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2008, 05:53 PM   #166
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2008

Well, David finally won.

Credit to Soderling - I didn't think he could play that well on this surface for such a long period of time, finally his level did drop slightly towards the end although he still remained difficult to beat.

Have to give credit to David also for the effort he put in this match. He was living off every point and really keen on trying to get the break in each and every service game.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #167
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Nalbandian def. Soderling 6-4 1-6 4-6 6-4 9-7.

Once more, David loves the hard way of doing things.

I saw the first set on the stream and left to watch the footy match thinking he would win comfortably. How wrong I was but he won and that's all that matters.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #168
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Nalbandian def. Soderling 6-4 1-6 4-6 6-4 9-7.

Once more, David loves the hard way of doing things.
He wins and you complain.

His English interview.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/media...C_9420_mp3.MP3

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:15 PM   #169
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Big congrats!!
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #170
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like David was extremely emotional after he won. That doesn't surprise me considering how much emotional energy he used during the match and he must have been very relieved after he won.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #171
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Nalbandian seals it for Argentina - just
David Nalbandian edged past Robin Soderling 64 16 46 64 97 in a five-set thriller that lasted four hours and nine minutes, the fourth rubber of this Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quarterfinal.

Argentina now has an unassailable 3-1 lead over Sweden, and advances to a home World Group semifinal against Russia.

Nalbandian started by putting all he had into the game, the toll of four sets on Friday and four more on Saturday suggested an approach to finishing it all as quickly as possible. He put pressure on Soderling, breaking his serve and reaching 64 to give Argentina the first set.

Soderling takes control

The second set saw a very different picture. Soderling took some risks, upped his game and suddenly he took the set 61. Nalbandian appeared a bit confused, upset with the playing conditions (cold, windy and the court was not too good), and the Swede seized the opportunity. Firmly planted at the baseline and attacking the Argentinean’s backhand, Soderling broke and went 64 ahead.

Worse yet, the Argentine star was 13 down in the fourth set, and by pure force of will managed to break back, supported by the noisy crowd. Another break near the end of the set put Nalbandian once again in the match.

The fifth set once again showed Soderling a break ahead, but an incident in the stands stopped the match for a couple of minutes giving Nalbandian the opportunity to refocus. The Argentinian broke back and started to control the match from then on. After losing four match points, Nalbandian ended his own personal struggle by winning his fifth match point, putting Argentina into the semifinals.

Local hero

David Nalbandian burst into tears when the match ended, having overcome tough match conditions, rough weather, his own personal fatigue and an almost permanent score disadvantage.

“What I lived today with my people was very exciting: I gave it all, run all the way to hell and back, and won, that’s why I could not stop the tears, I expressed myself like that.”

Overwhelmed by the fans’ support, he admitted that was key to breaking Soderling, who showed no signs of being affected by the environment.

”I was not fully fit on one of my legs, but the people deserved the effort and I took no precautions.”

Nalbandian admitted that, of his 14 consecutive wins in Buenos Aires, this had been the most difficult match by far, but now he was looking forward to the semifinal match with Russia.

Soderling, on the other hand, was comprehensibly sad about losing, but at least he was comforted by the effort he had put into the match.

“If I could ask something of this match I would have wanted to play better, serve better, run better… it’s not that I played bad, but I hope I could have played like I did on Sunday, with (José) Acasuso,” said Soderling.

After this match, Juan Monaco takes on Thomas Johansson for the dead rubber.
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchre...rticleid=14601
Old 04-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #172
country flag HuaTuo

HuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond reputeHuaTuo has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Davis Cup 2008

He is the god

Federer aus der Schweiz; Haas aus Deutschland; Melzer aus Österreich
alle Spieler, die Deutsch als Muttersprache sprechen
HuaTuo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:59 AM   #173
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

He did it again!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #174
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Excitement, drama, entertainment, tension, they're all part and partcel of the majority of matches that David plays in. I love it .
Well done him for maintaining his impressive record in this competition, and to Argentina. It doesn't matter how they won their 3 live rubbers, just as long as they did so.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #175
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away from tennis these days.
So I just realised his result in Davis Cup.
What a way to win. But still I'm really proud of him. He really looked happy indeed in davis cup pictures.
my0118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:18 PM   #176
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:25 PM   #177
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

Any person appreciates the translation?

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/cobertura...ota_id=1004259

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote