Frank Dancevic - Page 99 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #1471
country flag 2eazy

2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I thought when the whole situation occured that they told Frank that he wouldn't get a WC for this years Rogers Cup and wouldn't be invited to play for the team in the next tie. I'm not sure where i got that impression, whether I read it somewhere or if that was what I assumed, but I kind of had it in my mind that that was it and next year he could play DC again and get a RC WC. I hope that is how it will work, it would be a shame for him to never play DC or the Rogers Cup again

No the decision was made when he didnt make himself available to play ecuadaor, he wanted to play tournaments was comming off a injurie, and from what i been told when he had discussed with them that he would rather go play tournaments they didnt seem to make a big deal about it. I wonder if the splitting of laurendeau and dancevic played a role with the wc and davis cup
2eazy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #1472
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought when the whole situation occured that they told Frank that he wouldn't get a WC for this years Rogers Cup and wouldn't be invited to play for the team in the next tie. I'm not sure where i got that impression, whether I read it somewhere or if that was what I assumed, but I kind of had it in my mind that that was it and next year he could play DC again and get a RC WC. I hope that is how it will work, it would be a shame for him to never play DC or the Rogers Cup again
I also hope that is the plan. I would be fine with that.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #1473
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2eazy View Post
No the decision was made when he didnt make himself available to play ecuadaor, he wanted to play tournaments was comming off a injurie, and from what i been told when he had discussed with them that he would rather go play tournaments they didnt seem to make a big deal about it. I wonder if the splitting of laurendeau and dancevic played a role with the wc and davis cup
I know he wasn't given a WC because he didn't make himself available for the Ecuador tie, what I'm saying is when this news became public at the Rogers Cup I remember reading that TC also told him they wouldn't invite him to play DC for the next tie either(DC playoffs this past weekend). So what I'm saying is that I think/hope that he's served his punishment now and that they will invite him to play DC and have WC for Rogers Cup next year

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #1474
country flag 2eazy

2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know he wasn't given a WC because he didn't make himself available for the Ecuador tie, what I'm saying is when this news became public at the Rogers Cup I remember reading that TC also told him they wouldn't invite him to play DC for the next tie either(DC playoffs this past weekend). So what I'm saying is that I think/hope that he's served his punishment now and that they will invite him to play DC and have WC for Rogers Cup next year
that would be weird cause davis cup is mostly a service the player does for the country and not the other way around even tho they do get paid abit. Not having dancevic there this weekend could have been very costly i hope they can reconcile, the davis cup team seems to be missing a good 3rd single player a healthy dancevic would fit that role perfectly in the world group
Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #1475
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

If people are interested in the question of Frank and DC, they might want to watch the video here:

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...evic-slovenia/

Although I feel it raises as many questions as it answers.

I think it must date from the US Open. Frank says that at the Rogers Cup he was "uninvited" for the Davis Cup and that he made his fall schedule in consequence. But then it gets complicated because he also says some guys reached out to him but he told them "sorry, guys, I can't change my schedule now". What is he talking about if he is "uninvited"? It makes it look like maybe there was something he could do, or maybe the "some guys" thought he could try to make some effort at reconciliation, but he wasn't willing. Stephanie doesn't give any hint with her editing of this.

Overall, I feel that Frank is not being entirely... well frank. But that is not surprising as he is in a dispute and will want to put his best case out there.

It would be nice to see a reconciliation, but it seems like Frank is feeling too hurt and Laurendeau was sounding pretty snippy about Frank just recently.

I find it very sad as I believe Frank was pretty motivated by Davis Cup. I remember reading that when he was young he was almost on the point of moving to train in the US, but he decided against because he wanted to play for Canada. It would be really too bad if things don't get patched up.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #1476
country flag 2eazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzil View Post
If people are interested in the question of Frank and DC, they might want to watch the video here:

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...evic-slovenia/

Although I feel it raises as many questions as it answers.

I think it must date from the US Open. Frank says that at the Rogers Cup he was "uninvited" for the Davis Cup and that he made his fall schedule in consequence. But then it gets complicated because he also says some guys reached out to him but he told them "sorry, guys, I can't change my schedule now". What is he talking about if he is "uninvited"? It makes it look like maybe there was something he could do, or maybe the "some guys" thought he could try to make some effort at reconciliation, but he wasn't willing. Stephanie doesn't give any hint with her editing of this.

Overall, I feel that Frank is not being entirely... well frank. But that is not surprising as he is in a dispute and will want to put his best case out there.

It would be nice to see a reconciliation, but it seems like Frank is feeling too hurt and Laurendeau was sounding pretty snippy about Frank just recently.

I find it very sad as I believe Frank was pretty motivated by Davis Cup. I remember reading that when he was young he was almost on the point of moving to train in the US, but he decided against because he wanted to play for Canada. It would be really too bad if things don't get patched up.
thanks for posting, very interesting stuff. seems like laureandeau uninvited him. real weird i dont get it, must be more to the story
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 AM   #1477
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I agree that it'd be nice to hear the whole story. Definitely hope that things can get patched up over the offseason, be a shame if this were a permanent split. Hopefully being in World Group will be an incentive to both sides to reconcile.

Frank will play Giorgini tomorrow morning, definitely another winnable one, good luck to him
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #1478
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Frank won, 6-1 4-6 6-1, Lorenzi up next.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #1479
country flag exposbabe

exposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2eazy View Post
thanks for posting, very interesting stuff. seems like laureandeau uninvited him. real weird i dont get it, must be more to the story

Yup, lots more, obviously.
I asked Laurendeau specifically about the "dis-invited" stuff yesterday.

His response here.

Laurendeau responds
exposbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 AM   #1480
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

He said "even after Vancouver", which was before the Rogers Cup, just throwing this out there but maybe Tennis Canada decided to overlook the not playing against Ecuador thing and invited him to play the Playoff tie but he declined, and maybe that was when they decided that he had to be punished by not getting a Rogers Cup WC, as that could have played out before the WC's were awarded no?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 AM   #1481
country flag exposbabe

exposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond reputeexposbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure it's even worth speculating or guessing, based on the varying accounts. Too much "he said, he said" so any conclusions drawn from the outside would be useless and probably wrong.

Laurendeau didn't say he invited him to play. He said it came up.

I don't think the not playing in Ecuador is related to the playing or not playing in Israel, although it was apparently related to the non-tendering of the RC wild card.

The timeline is: declined to play in Ecuador, ergo with WCs contingent on DCup participation, no wild card tendered. And then the Israel issue, regardless of when things were announced or not announced.

Dancevic couldn't have played in Ecuador anyway. He was just shattered after the Wimbledon defeat and didn't even pick a racquet for weeks.

Hopefully they can turn the page on it and Dancevic can contribute in 2012. Laurendeau certainly left that as an option.

Dancevic and Tennis Canada and Laurendeau have a long history together. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Can't draw conclusions on probably 5% of that history ;-)
exposbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #1482
country flag Gonzil

Gonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond reputeGonzil has a reputation beyond repute

To me the most plausible explanation is that each side is acting out of pride, and that nothing is totally cut and dried.

Here's my scenario.

If Dancevic had said that he was ready to play in Ecuador, but would be glad to be excused, maybe he would have been let off. But when he just announced he was not available, Laurendeau said "well then you are not welcome, and you're not coming back until you show you are willing to put DC first".

And now Dancevic is waiting for Laurendeau to grovel and say "we need you back" and Laurendeau is waiting for Dancevic to grovel and say "yes, I'll put DC first". Each side is saying that it is the other's choice that Frank is not on the team.

NB this scenario is partly inspired by this article, where Laurendeau said Dancevic might be back on the team if he shows good will.
Gonzil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #1483
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the situation resolves cuz Dancevic when his game is on and his head is in the right place, he can compete with anybody like he did against Roddick and Saretta in Davis Cup.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #1484
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

paolo lorezni crushed him in the QF 6-3, 6-0
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #1485
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know why he keeps choosing challengers on clay? He has played three in a row I think In two weeks, he is playing Palermo instead of Mons (indoors) or Sacramento (HC).

I figure it must be because of his back, but it still seems like a strange decision.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote