Frank Dancevic - Page 58 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #856
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

franks starts off 0-15 on levy's serve but thats as far as it gets as 2 aces help levy hold to 15

6-3, 5-3 levy
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #857
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

franks holds to 15

levy will serve for the match(which im sure no one expected)
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #858
country flag misty1
Banned!

and GSM harel levy

6-3, 6-4

here's a horrible fact for you:

frank won 28 points on return and had 10 break point chances, he took none of them`

Harel levy won 15 points on return and had 7 break point chances, he took 2 of them
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 AM   #859
country flag big_j_tennis

big_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond reputebig_j_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

at least now frank can go to toronto,train and get ready for the rogers cup, which is a more important tournament.

but poor result for him, maybe he still has trouble with his leg...
big_j_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #860
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Brutal Frank, brutal...
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #861
country flag Palma

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

to be honest, I think Franks problem is more mental than anything else. The difference in those return of serve points against Levy is staggering.

Harel Levy is ranked 190th in the world and is 31 years old. Last week he lost against Suzuki who I believe Frank beat? Its in Franks home turf and despite his injury should have had enough in this match.

I just feel its been such a long time now that us fans must be starting to wonder if its ever going to come together. I have been a Frank Dancevic fan now for maybe 3-4 years and honestly it must be one of the most frustrating things in the world. And thats me as a fan, I would hate to know how he feels as a player.

For some reason he has a knack of playing better in big tournaments against big players. Hopefully in the Rogers cup he gets a decent draw and can win a match or two. Otherwise its going to be tough for the lad. Personally despite the lack of glory and money I feel his best bet is in Challengers. Getting to the semi in Granby which to Frank to be honest is easy enough gets him the most points he has had in ages. He needs more of those wins and points to propell him into the top 150 again and then from there he can start to think about ATP 250 matches etc.

Right now I dont see him winning 3 qual matches and 2 main draw matches to make the tournament worthwhile. 5 wins in a challenger and you have got the title.
Palma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #862
country flag misty1
Banned!

what do you mean exactly when you say that your waiting for it to all come together for frank? because if you mean he should be winning grand slams i beg to differ, he was never winning grand slams.

He can win atp 250's and 500's for sure but he was never a grand slam winner and doubtful really if he could even win an atp 1000.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #863
country flag Palma

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
what do you mean exactly when you say that your waiting for it to all come together for frank? because if you mean he should be winning grand slams i beg to differ, he was never winning grand slams.

He can win atp 250's and 500's for sure but he was never a grand slam winner and doubtful really if he could even win an atp 1000.

How can you interpretate that from what I said? Frank has barely ever been able to make a solid run the in top 100 and by putting it all together, I mean lets be honest just a few decent results to get into the top 80 or something. I have been a Frank fan largely for no reason what so ever. I watched a match on TV years ago when he played Fernando Gonzalez and was really impressed with him. Since then I decided to follow him and have always made sure to go to Wimbledon and watch him when he plays.

I watched his amazing run in the Rogers cup that year staying up until 3-5am British time to stream it and the tennis he played then was at least top 50 putting out players such as Ancic, Verdasco and taking a set from Nadal!

But with the array of injuries and just general bad luck he finds himself toughing it out to even get into challengers. I dont expect Grand Slams but for him to just play at his potential and get a run together with no injuries and some nice results.
Palma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #864
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute

Frank has drawn Stan Wawrinka in the first round of Toronto. Should he win, Nadal waits in round 2.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #865
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
But with the array of injuries and just general bad luck he finds himself toughing it out to even get into challengers. I dont expect Grand Slams but for him to just play at his potential and get a run together with no injuries and some nice results.
Right on the money. He and his bad luck, ugh.. He drew Wawrinka in Toronto and even if he manages to win (which is HIGHLY unlikely), he has to face Nadal in the 2nd round. Auch. Oh well, good luck anyways. Win or lose, I will be cheering for him. I wish him good luck!

And yes, a good run, winning a few matches and staying away from injuries is a nice goal for him.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #866
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's a tough draw but I'm looking forward to seeing him play live again, always nice to see him tested against a top player. Let's hope it's competitive.

Anyone else heading to the Rogers Cup this year?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #867
country flag misty1
Banned!

i wish i could have
Old 08-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #868
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Right on the money. He and his bad luck, ugh.. He drew Wawrinka in Toronto and even if he manages to win (which is HIGHLY unlikely), he has to face Nadal in the 2nd round. Auch. Oh well, good luck anyways. Win or lose, I will be cheering for him. I wish him good luck!

And yes, a good run, winning a few matches and staying away from injuries is a nice goal for him.
I havent looked at the points breakdown yet, so before misty1 asks me what the hell I'm talking about, I'm not too concerned that Frank has a terrible draw here because he's got really absolutely nothing to defend the rest of the year. I'd rather he continue focusing on getting healthy and then qualify for the US Open and put a streak together in the fall.

I dont have a breakdown for this either, but throughout his career it seems to me Frank has drawn seeds and bad draws far more often than other players... or maybe its my Canadian bias.

To anyone going to the Rogers Cup, please take some pics and send some reports. I'll plan to do the same for the USO qualifying
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #869
country flag misty1
Banned!

i have nothing to ask you about from that post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #870
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

So I was at the Rogers Cup again today, and got to watch Frank play twice. His first warm-up was against Almagro, and his second was against Feliciano Lopez, so playing against two clay-courters to prepare for a clay-courter. His match against Lopez actually came right after Wawrinka finished playing Tipsarevic, so Frank got to see the two of them play a tie-breaker, and maybe got some ideas for a gameplan.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote