Frank Dancevic - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #601
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

wtf was that?
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #602
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I had to refresh my browser three times to make sure I got the score right.

More proof Frank will never be a top 100 player consistently. Way to build on that momentum. Really, one good tournament this summer, and the rest look like first and second round exits waiting to happen. Challenger circuit beckons...

Last edited by ibreak4coffee : 08-11-2009 at 04:58 PM.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #603
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
wtf was that?
Yeah really. I was there and I have no idea. Simon just absolutely dismantled him - it was not pretty. When was the last time Frank had a match in which he managed to hold serve only twice? Especially disappointing in comparison to the excellent efforts put forth by Polansky and Niemeyer. Those guys were pushing top 5 players to tiebreakers while Frank managed 3 games against Simon?

But still, it was great to see him play. Got to watch one of his practice sessions too which was awesome.

This is a such a great tournament, I wish I could have stayed longer.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #604
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine caught this on TV and taped it, so I've uploaded it. It's a profile of Frank done by The National. Interesting stuff.

Poor Franky. I certainly hope his life isn't as miserable as this piece tries to make it out to be!!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #605
country flag valexie03

valexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond reputevalexie03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam0dred View Post
Especially disappointing in comparison to the excellent efforts put forth by Polansky and Niemeyer. Those guys were pushing top 5 players to tiebreakers while Frank managed 3 games against Simon?
Don't forget Milos Raonic, he played incredibly well during qualies and against Gonzalez
Old 08-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #606
country flag dam0dred

I will upload my own pics from Montreal later, but here are a couple I found.

Not from Montreal but I just came across this, love it.

Last edited by dam0dred : 08-19-2009 at 05:51 PM.
dam0dred is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #607
country flag Palma

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

Thats a real shame that result to Simon.

I only caught the first 2 games as It began to rain and I assumed they would be off for a long time, as it was 3am over here in England and I had to be up a 9am I decided to head to bed.

Its a real poor loss but Frank has to bounce back, he might not like going to Nashville and places like that but right now making the semis of one of those challengers and earning about 30-40 points here and there will protect his 104 world ranking and maybe even just get him into the 90s where he should be ok to enter most of the ATP tournaments.

He needs another big tournament run before the end of this year, only one and that would see him well into the top 100. Another semi or final or even a tournament win should be enough to break into the 80s, a win taking him into the 70s maybe 60s!
Palma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #608
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam0dred View Post
A friend of mine caught this on TV and taped it, so I've uploaded it. It's a profile of Frank done by The National. Interesting stuff.

Poor Franky. I certainly hope his life isn't as miserable as this piece tries to make it out to be!!
Great find thanks. I think it kind of overstates the case a bit - Federer and Nadal are in a world of their own, even compared to guys in the top 10 like Gonzalez. But its clear its a much tougher slog for a guy like Frank in tennis than in other sports.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #609
country flag dam0dred

Still alive in the doubles here, plays with Duclos tonight after Fed's match.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:08 AM   #610
country flag dam0dred

Lost R2 in doubles.

Not entered in qualifying for Cincinnati (or wasn't ranked high enough to get in, not sure), so I guess he'll just rest up before the US Open. Hopefully this last loss, awful as it was, won't deflate the momentum he had built this summer.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 AM   #611
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

he was on the qualifying alternate list and did get in but withdraw for some reason...at least thats whats on the cincinnati forum

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #612
country flag dam0dred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
he was on the qualifying alternate list and did get in but withdraw for some reason...at least thats whats on the cincinnati forum
Odd. Can any of our insiders help us out here? Cinci is one of the biggest events of the year, I'd hope he had a good reason for pulling out.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #613
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

He probably just wants to get ready for US Open qualies which will be the week after this coming week.
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #614
country flag dam0dred

Wouldn't playing matches be the best way to do that?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #615
country flag dam0dred

Apparently Frank has a hip injury. Serious? No clue, as usual getting info about Frank is next to impossible.

Off topic - as I was watching yesterday's final couldn't help but remember back to the summer and fall of 2007 when Frank beat Del Potro three times in the span of a few months. And here we are, 2 years later with DelPo in the top 5 and challenging for slams and Frank still languishing out of the top 100. Slightly depressing. Anyway..