Frank Dancevic - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 PM   #496
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palma View Post
Normal people work 40 hours a week full time, you would expect a full time tennis star with so much money and privaledges to do exactly the same.
Did I ever suggest otherwise?

Quote:
To summarise, Frank can be a top 50 player im not taking any credit away from him but he needs to be able to take that next step and im sure many Frank fans are frustrated and willing him on to bigger and greater things. Me included.
I never said athletes should be complacent, just that we should focus on achievement rather than your perception of potential. You can be upset that Safin, despite his limitless ability only won 2 slams or you can appreciate who he is as a player and what he accomplished. I think the latter makes more sense, but each to their own I guess.

Anyway, moving on. Up to 114 this week.
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #497
country flag Palma

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam0dred View Post
Did I ever suggest otherwise?

I never said athletes should be complacent, just that we should focus on achievement rather than your perception of potential. You can be upset that Safin, despite his limitless ability only won 2 slams or you can appreciate who he is as a player and what he accomplished. I think the latter makes more sense, but each to their own I guess.

Anyway, moving on. Up to 114 this week.

Yeah thats nice, i thought he might have gone up slightly more but still a good result.

The match against Marcos will be interesting. I watched the match where he fell injured and it looked awful, I am suprised and thankful that he is back already. I think Frank can win this one but im not so sure he will oust becker again in the next round. If though he is able to win both of these matches he should return to the top 100!

Lets go Frank.
Palma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #498
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really interested to see how Frank performs today. This is usually the match where he follows up a solid result with a disappointing loss. No disrespect to Baghdatis of course - he's definitely the more talented player of the two, but Frank's got momentum (or at least should) and needs to continue solid play heading into Montreal (where I'm convinced for once the draw gods will throw him a bone and he'll draw Niemeyer in the first round )

On the previous discussion - I think Frank's style of play sometimes makes it look like he's not trying 100%, kind of like Federer. Obviously Frank isn't Fed, but its clear that he's got a lot of natural talent but also clear he doesnt do some other important things, like say move his feet enough or think tactically enough. On the few occasions I've seen him play (mostly at the US Open - I live in New York), it looked like he was coasting through the match rather than working his butt off, and the one year I saw him at qualifying he was playing a scrub with an obvious huge weakness on the backhand and yet he never attacked it.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #499
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

A poor showing in the first set TB, Frank lost it 7-3. Hopefully he can turn it around.

He had five break points in Baghdatis' opening service game, but didn't manage to cash any of them, then fell down a break himself not much later. He did break back to force the TB, though, and returned decently up until the breaker.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #500
country flag Palma

Palma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond reputePalma has a reputation beyond repute

Frank has gone down 7-6 in the first set to Marcos.

He needs a win here, with a win he could hopefully take out Isner in the next round and pick up 50 much needed ranking points to propel him into the top 100. Maybe if he can win the next set he would be the favourite as Marcos was injured for a while and his fitness might not be as optimum.

come on frank
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #501
country flag Palma

Break Point For Frank Again First Game Of The 2nd Set. Big Point
Old 07-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #502
country flag Palma

Missed it, 1/9 break points compared with 1/2 is the difference maker in this match.

Top players take their oppertunities and thats really where frank falls down.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 AM   #503
country flag Palma

Franks been broken and for me the match is now as good as over.

So frustrating, he was billed as the favourite at 1.80 before this match, really fancied him for it as well and maybe a decent run at the semis again.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 AM   #504
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, a disappointing loss, if not a surprising one. He had his chances to seize early leads in both sets, but didn't take them.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #505
country flag Palma

Really annoying loss, he had a real oppertunity here to make it further.

His lubbock challenger points and Rogers masters points will soon go, if you take them away he will be lucky to be in the top 200, its shocking considering his ability.

He has to hope to face either a qualifier or a WC in the rogers or he is in trouble.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:34 AM   #506
country flag kyle751

kyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond reputekyle751 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

His lubbock challenger points and Rogers masters points will soon go, if you take them away he will be lucky to be in the top 200, its shocking considering his ability.

He has to hope to face either a qualifier or a WC in the rogers or he is in trouble.
He already dropped last years Rogers Masters result last week which is why he only gained 7 spots from his semi in Indy. His Lubbock result won't come off the rankings until late September so he still has time.
kyle751 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #507

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Rogers points are already gone. I dont think he'll drop out of the top 200. I think he's destined to stay in the 80-120 range for a while.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #508

I think I remember someone saying Frank is into the Legg Mason main draw now. Has that been confirmed? I know he's next in line and Monfils is probably out, but the website update today of the main player field doesnt list him and still lists Monfils.

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/players.aspx
Old 07-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #509
country flag dam0dred

dam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond reputedam0dred has a reputation beyond repute

I got Frank mentioned in Jon Wertheim's weekly mailbag. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #510
country flag Blarghman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I think I remember someone saying Frank is into the Legg Mason main draw now. Has that been confirmed? I know he's next in line and Monfils is probably out, but the website update today of the main player field doesnt list him and still lists Monfils.

http://www.leggmasontennisclassic.com/players.aspx
The MTF entry list thread has Stepanek, Clement and first alternate Muller all out, putting Frank safely in. So Monfils' status should be irrelevant to Frank. I'd generally trust that over the tournament website, so hopefully it's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dam0dred View Post
I got Frank mentioned in Jon Wertheim's weekly mailbag. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Nice work