Frank Dancevic - Page 115 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #1711
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Frank Dancevic, you all know I'm an American who has always supported this Canadian, but it's hard not to think he's a complete idiot. Yes, the money is nice, and given Frank's situation, it's understandable why he took the money here and showed up. But he never was going to actually compete here. He had no business showing up. He put his health, and ultimately his career, at risk, for a paycheck. And with grass season right around the corner, he may need to take another extended break. All because he chose to rush back for a paycheck. That's what this comes down to. And it's hard to be OK with that from a psychological level.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #1712
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Frank Dancevic, you all know I'm an American who has always supported this Canadian, but it's hard not to think he's a complete idiot. Yes, the money is nice, and given Frank's situation, it's understandable why he took the money here and showed up. But he never was going to actually compete here. He had no business showing up. He put his health, and ultimately his career, at risk, for a paycheck. And with grass season right around the corner, he may need to take another extended break. All because he chose to rush back for a paycheck. That's what this comes down to. And it's hard to be OK with that from a psychological level.
in some ways i understand what he did. My own personal oppinion about health being number one will always be that way and is a reason why i will always disagree with a decision made like the one frank did

I just think that its terrible and unfortunate that frank was put into this situation where he couldnt put health first
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #1713
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
in some ways i understand what he did. My own personal oppinion about health being number one will always be that way and is a reason why i will always disagree with a decision made like the one frank did

I just think that its terrible and unfortunate that frank was put into this situation where he couldnt put health first
Didn't you read my post, I said maybe he needed the money to help with his health, so he was putting it 1st.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #1714
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad there wasn't enough money, and I'm sure there is, that someone like Frank, who has earned a ranking that allows him to enter a grand slam main draw, can't earn his money but not have to play if he can't pass a fitness test. (It's not that guys would purposely fake injury to get paid without playing, as playing may see them reach the second round and earn that much more.)

I think part of the solution too though is having more qualifiers get in. Have the qualifying be a round shorter too, so that qualifiers go into the main draw fresher. There should be 30 main draw entrants who are qualifiers and only two rounds of qualifying, I think.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #1715
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Didn't you read my post, I said maybe he needed the money to help with his health, so he was putting it 1st.
yes i did but its kind of backhanded. In one way maybe you are right, maybe he did need money for his back

but in another way he still went out and played and maybe made things a little bit worse so maybe he did but he kind of also didnt
Old 05-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #1716
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Dancevic is such a bum. You know in the beginning I liked him but now he's really soured on me. I used to believe he was going to be top 50 material and be maybe Canada's highest ever ranker player but now, he has turned out to be a disapointment. I don't get it. He used to have a good attitude in the beginning but now he mails in his matches or retires on matchpoints or shows up to tournaments just to collect a paycheque.

thumbs down from me on dancevic.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #1717
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
Dancevic is such a bum. You know in the beginning I liked him but now he's really soured on me. I used to believe he was going to be top 50 material and be maybe Canada's highest ever ranker player but now, he has turned out to be a disapointment. I don't get it. He used to have a good attitude in the beginning but now he mails in his matches or retires on matchpoints or shows up to tournaments just to collect a paycheque.

well its not all frank's fault. If he would have only went through even half the injury issues he has been than he would have definately done more than he has
Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 AM   #1718
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
well its not all frank's fault. If he would have only went through even half the injury issues he has been than he would have definately done more than he has
Yup, I agree.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #1719
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he was risking injurying himself furthur much at all.

imo him saying he was petrified was moreso him making it look like he never just went there for the paycheck.

He obviously couldn't just go out there play 1 point and quit, he played a few games, then got some treatment, then quit, then said he was scared. Probably just more of a way to cover up his motive.

imo if he was "petrified about his back" while warming up he wouldn't have even went to RG

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #1720
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm sorry not to be civil here, but this post is complete BS

Imagine every time you started an important project, you got the flu or had to call in sick - and then start from scratch. Meanwhile the company you worked for wasn't rich, and you had to produce results despite these setbacks with few means. And while you were gone, your project was taken over by new upstarts who never missed a day of work. That's Frank's career trajectory unfortunately - lots of bad luck

Last edited by ibreak4coffee : 05-30-2012 at 02:45 AM.
ibreak4coffee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #1721
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually don't want him to play any events for a while so he can heal properly. According to Newport, he made the main draw entry list, along with Vasek and Milos. So 3 Canadians in a main draw for Newport! Yes!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #1722
country flag dancy_fan

dancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond reputedancy_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I actually don't want him to play any events for a while so he can heal properly. According to Newport, he made the main draw entry list, along with Vasek and Milos. So 3 Canadians in a main draw for Newport! Yes!
I think you are 100% right!
dancy_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #1723
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Delpo has withdrawn from Queens, that makes Frank 1 withdrawal away from getting in directly. he has yet to withdraw, will he be ok to play if he gets in?

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #1724
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

He's on the drawsheet http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/311/mds.pdf bottom right corner, due to face Dodig. He must be feeling a little better - I don't think he would retire after a few games just for the cheque in an ATP 250, would he?
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1725
country flag tommyg6

I predict Dodig will beat him.