Frank Dancevic - Page 109 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #1621
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
I live in another country, and that doesn't make me less Canadian by any stretch of the imagination. Stop these idiotic posts
But it's different when you're actually PLAYING for and representing a country.

Fine.. I'll leave it alone. I just don't like it, and I'm not sure if I can follow him anymore now that he's turned his back on Canada.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #1622
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
But it's different when you're actually PLAYING for and representing a country.

Fine.. I'll leave it alone. I just don't like it, and I'm not sure if I can follow him anymore now that he's turned his back on Canada.
No it absolutely isn't. Where you live physically means nothing - this is the 21st century. He can stay wired to Canada, his friends, family etc... with absolutely no problem. His girlfriend is Serbian - it makes total sense he lives there. And for a tennis player with a ranking that means he needs to play challenger events, Europe is the most cost effective and opportunity rich environment for a player - I think its great actually, and may help him mentally to relaunch his career.

You mentioned Milos by the way "not turning his back on Canada" - for all intents and purposes, milos lives in Spain as much as Canada these days, and again good for him.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #1623
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And why couldn't they live in Canada? Probably because she didn't want to.. she wanted to live in Serbia, and it doesn't seem like he put up much of a fight by leaving Canada.

Sorry, but I just don't like his decision at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for Serbia in the future. He obviously prefers Serbia over Canada.
nobody gives a fuck if you like his decision or not, get over it.

Frank

Great Tournament for him, hopefully it gets his confidence to a point when he belives he can beat anyone, some good results in these next few months, and he'll be back in the top 100

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #1624
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No it absolutely isn't. Where you live physically means nothing - this is the 21st century. He can stay wired to Canada, his friends, family etc... with absolutely no problem. His girlfriend is Serbian - it makes total sense he lives there. And for a tennis player with a ranking that means he needs to play challenger events, Europe is the most cost effective and opportunity rich environment for a player - I think its great actually, and may help him mentally to relaunch his career.

You mentioned Milos by the way "not turning his back on Canada" - for all intents and purposes, milos lives in Spain as much as Canada these days, and again good for him.
He's training in Spain, yes, but his home is in Canada.. while Frank's home is no longer in Canada, it's Serbia. Do you see the difference?

Anyway.. like I said, I'll leave it alone.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #1625
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And why couldn't they live in Canada? Probably because she didn't want to.. she wanted to live in Serbia, and it doesn't seem like he put up much of a fight by leaving Canada.

Sorry, but I just don't like his decision at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for Serbia in the future. He obviously prefers Serbia over Canada.
look, i like you and im trying so hard to be nice but your not making it easy

this idea of yours is stupid. Moving to another country does not mean that you think the new one is better than the other one. Its just a rediculous reasoning that i fail to see any sense in

and why should she have been the one to make the move anyway? and further more who are you to assume anything about how the decision was made?. Like i said frank is canadian through and through and i doubt very much that he will ever switch nationalities

you say you'll leave it alone but it never should have been brought up
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #1626
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

on a more positive note very happy for frank. Hopefully this lasts more than a week
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #1627
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

So Dancevic will find out tonight who he plays in Miami qualifying tomorrow.

No rest for the weary.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #1628
country flag ESimp

ESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond reputeESimp has a reputation beyond repute

Dancevic plays Ricardo Mello in Round 1 of Qualies.

He ended up with a nice draw to be able to qualify.
ESimp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #1629
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Time for Frank to avenge the Wimbledon defeat. It will be an adjustment going from Dallas to Miami, though. Dallas courts had a very high bounce and it was windy. Miami has a lower bounce and is quicker but the balls don't shoot through the air much. Mello has been in poor form so he should win if he's feeling good physically.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #1630
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Frank Go!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #1631
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Frank can carry his Dallas form to Miami - what impressed me a lot last week was Frank playing 7 tie-breakers and winning them all!
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #1632
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hopefully Frank can carry his Dallas form to Miami - what impressed me a lot last week was Frank playing 7 tie-breakers and winning them all!
No kidding. I was so confident that Frank would lose in the first round.
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #1633
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Frank gets the win over Mello, will play Sugita for the MD. Definitely some winnable matches for him there, hopefully he can keep up his form.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #1634
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Frank

Taking that good form into Miami it seems, lucky for him he only needed 2 sets to beat Mello this time

Keep it going

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #1635
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Frank leading *10 in the third. He was pretty clutch in the second set winning 1/1 break points, and saving all 5 against him.

Hope he gets a day off if he qualifies.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote