Frank Dancevic - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #1606
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Am I the only one pissed off with his commitment to Canada? He's had some disagreements with Tennis Canada in the past, and now he's moved to Serbia? Wow.. I don't even know what to say. Seems like he'd rather be playing for Serbia than Canada.
Who cares, he played Davis Cup for Canada just a month ago, clearly the problem is in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #1607
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly Frank has done enough for Canada, i dont think we need to question his devotion to this country. Given tennis canada's habit of relying on younger players to put on the davis cup team and ditching the older ones once they get less consistent i dont think frank will have many more oppertunities to play anyway. The only one this doesnt really apply to is daniel but once we get a decent enough replacement he'll be looked over too.

So he moved to serbia so what? there's more decisions to be made in life then about your career and obviously frank has other reasons for wanting to move to serbia. I say if he's happy then good. He's sticking in Canada, its in his heart and he'll play for canada until he cant play anymore. I truly believe that
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #1608
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

by the way he's up 4-2 over andreev in dalles

I also posted this in another thread. How much of a motivation do you think it is for frank to get to the olympics this year? I think it being on grass is a huge thing for him. Its a huge stretch to think that he can get there but if he keeps playing the way he is..maybe? he has 4 months
Old 03-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #1609
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
Frankly Frank has done enough for Canada, i dont think we need to question his devotion to this country. Given tennis canada's habit of relying on younger players to put on the davis cup team and ditching the older ones once they get less consistent i dont think frank will have many more oppertunities to play anyway. The only one this doesnt really apply to is daniel but once we get a decent enough replacement he'll be looked over too.

So he moved to serbia so what? there's more decisions to be made in life then about your career and obviously frank has other reasons for wanting to move to serbia. I say if he's happy then good. He's sticking in Canada, its in his heart and he'll play for canada until he cant play anymore. I truly believe that
Whatever.. I don't like him actually living in another country, it's like he's preferring Serbia over Canada, that Serbia is somehow better than Canada. I don't like it at all.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #1610
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Whatever.. I don't like him actually living in another country, it's like he's preferring Serbia over Canada, that Serbia is somehow better than Canada. I don't like it at all.
yeah but athletes do that all the time. Milos lives in canada but is of serbian heritage, we have a ton of players that arent even of canadian decent here playing for canada. In fact apart from vasek and rebecca i dont think any of our top players at the moment are actually canadian in descent.

I dont think its that he thinks serbia is better, just going there for other reasons. He's staying as a canadian player so i think that proves where his loyalty is
Old 03-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #1611

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yeah but athletes do that all the time. Milos lives in canada but is of serbian heritage, we have a ton of players that arent even of canadian decent here playing for canada. In fact apart from vasek and rebecca i dont think any of our top players at the moment are actually canadian in descent.

I dont think its that he thinks serbia is better, just going there for other reasons. He's staying as a canadian player so i think that proves where his loyalty is
Yes, but Milos constantly refers to Canada as "home". He knows where he belongs. His home is Thornhill. He has referred to it multiple times, I do not doubt his commitment to Canada at all.

But Frank is actually LIVING in another country, he MOVED there. So it's like Canada just isn't good enough anymore.. and I'm sorry, you can say what you want about it, but I still don't like it.

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #1612
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Yes, but Milos constantly refers to Canada as "home". He knows where he belongs. His home is Thornhill. He has referred to it multiple times, I do not doubt his commitment to Canada at all.

But Frank is actually LIVING in another country, he MOVED there. So it's like Canada just isn't good enough anymore.. and I'm sorry, you can say what you want about it, but I still don't like it.
well your reasoning makes so sense to me at all. There are so many reasons to move to another country then "oh i dont think this place is good enough anymore". If i am right he moved to be with his girlfriend(im not sure at all on that one).
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #1613
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Great point from Frank to hold. Tiebreak time, and Frank has the momentum!

He is pretty lucky to get here though.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #1614
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

**14 to **54 for Frank. Come on!

Ace to clinch it. Hot stuff.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #1615
country flag Agrajag

Frank misses MP on Andreevs serve. Serving at *53. Take it!

*Frank from *3000 to *3040, but takes three in a row. Awesome.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #1616
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Frank Great week from him, good to see him playing well again.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #1617
country flag Ravel

Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute

very good result from him, that is a tough list of players for a challenger!
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #1618
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I live in another country, and that doesn't make me less Canadian by any stretch of the imagination. Stop these idiotic posts
ibreak4coffee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #1619
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent match by Frank

Serve was fantastic, saved two set points in the 1st set and came back from 1-4 in the breaker. Mental toughness was on display that hasn't always been there in the last few years.

Just hope he can first stay healthy, and second build on this - would be great to see him back in the top 100.
ibreak4coffee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #1620

Quote:
well your reasoning makes so sense to me at all. There are so many reasons to move to another country then "oh i dont think this place is good enough anymore". If i am right he moved to be with his girlfriend(im not sure at all on that one).
And why couldn't they live in Canada? Probably because she didn't want to.. she wanted to live in Serbia, and it doesn't seem like he put up much of a fight by leaving Canada.

Sorry, but I just don't like his decision at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play for Serbia in the future. He obviously prefers Serbia over Canada.

Quote:
Quote: