Frank Dancevic - Page 100 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #1486
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frank Dancevic

Silver lining I guess is that he picked up some points and didn't injure himself
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #1487
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

i also have to wonder why he is playing on clay

maybe he's hoping to get better on it..although at this stage im not sure he can
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #1488
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
i also have to wonder why he is playing on clay

maybe he's hoping to get better on it..although at this stage im not sure he can
Wonder if he isn't trying to protect his back. Could in ways be more at times trickier with slipping, etc.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #1489
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Frank is playing in the Italy challenger and faces Serbian Nikola Ciric in the first round http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/6016/mds.pdf
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #1490
country flag Brad1973

Brad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that he's the first player in history to qualify for all four grand slams in the same year. Congratulations, though you can only achieve that if you keep your ranking low enough.
Brad1973 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #1491
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Does does anyone feel that with the rise of Vasek and Milos, that Frank is kinda like the forgotten man nowadays? He used to be Canada's no.1 for years and like Vasek, lead Canada to the World Group as well. I remember when he defeated Saretta in 4 sets back in 2004 to take us to World Group which some didn't expect, all of a sudden there was a lot of hope and exciting promise coming from Dancevic. Now it seems he's kinda fading away with his recent form and tensions with Tennis Canada. I feel for Dancevic. I want him to succeed and reach that goal that must people thought he could reach which was top 50 material. Go Dancevic!

anyone have thoughts on this?
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #1492
country flag Brad1973

Brad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond reputeBrad1973 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg6 View Post
Does does anyone feel that with the rise of Vasek and Milos, that Frank is kinda like the forgotten man nowadays? He used to be Canada's no.1 for years and like Vasek, lead Canada to the World Group as well. I remember when he defeated Saretta in 4 sets back in 2004 to take us to World Group which some didn't expect, all of a sudden there was a lot of hope and exciting promise coming from Dancevic. Now it seems he's kinda fading away with his recent form and tensions with Tennis Canada. I feel for Dancevic. I want him to succeed and reach that goal that must people thought he could reach which was top 50 material. Go Dancevic!

anyone have thoughts on this?
I was a huge fan of his from the time he was 16. However, in the last 5 years, there have been too many injuries, too many rumours of him not working hard and too many bad losses. His Davis Cup loss earlier this year, against a player ranked outside the top 300, after leading 2 sets to 0, sealed the deal for me. I am no longer a fan. I wish him all the best.
Brad1973 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #1493

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, I wish him the best but it's hard to root for a player who consistently loses big matches, loses substantial leads and doesn't have the mental strength to close out a match.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #1494

Well Frank lost in three sets.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #1495
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

this sucks

he should get off the clay
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #1496
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

he might as well play futures events
Old 10-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #1497
country flag tommyg6

is it me or it seems like Frank is flat out giving up on his career, he seems to mail in most of his matches these days.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #1498
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
is it me or it seems like Frank is flat out giving up on his career, he seems to mail in most of his matches these days.
he's playing clay, which has always been and always will be his worst surface so in a way these early exits arent surprising. But i just dont get why he osnt going to events where he can go further and get more points

if he was giving up then you wouldnt see these still competitive scorelines, he'd be going down in straights
Old 10-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #1499
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Strongly disagree, I think your expectations are too high for him right now.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #1500
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the commentary on here is starting to border on ridiculous
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote