Hewitt strikes again - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hewitt strikes again

Apparently, just before the start of the match with Baghdatis when asked how he will start the match he told to Daren Kahill (not sure if it was Daren or one of the commentators) that he is going to make sure that Baghdatis knows right from the start that this match won't last 5 hours. Technically speaking he kinda walked the talk, the match lasted ONLY 4 hours and 45 min (Elapsed Time by Set: 40 59 74 64 48).
I was really happy for Lleyton going into next round , but he should refrain himself from such statements, cause he could have easily lost that one in 3 sets. There was a moment (while Baghdatis had an injury timeout) when Hewitt looked like he finally realized that nothing he is doing ain't working these days and he was on the verge of crying.
But he is truly one of the best fighters tennis has ever seen and I think he will regain some confidence back and make some decent results in next period, perhaps winning at least 1 tourney and that will make 11 consecutive years for him.

Last edited by HeretiC : 01-19-2008 at 11:22 PM.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
country flag JimmyV

JimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond reputeJimmyV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Big mouth" Hewitt strikes again

LOL Hewiit is a Mug. This is a mug era, he was a transitional champion, no good tennis players have been born since 1980, the number 55 player in 1987 would beat federer now.
JimmyV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
country flag sarciness

sarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond reputesarciness has a reputation beyond repute

K.
Grosjean
Federer
Ancic
sarciness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
country flag MusicMyst

MusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond repute

Proof of such a statement, please?
MusicMyst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
LOL Hewiit is a Mug. This is a mug era, he was a transitional champion, no good tennis players have been born since 1980, the number 55 player in 1987 would beat federer now.
You're wrong. You meant to say the #87 player in 1955.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #6
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMyst View Post
Proof of such a statement, please?

I watched it on ESPN360. Commentators said Hewitt told that to one of them. Should I save the audio file for a proof ?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute

If you actually think about it for a sec, what he was trying to say was that he was going to go out there with an aggressive approach and try and end points earlier than at Wimbledon. He didnt really want it to be a war of attrition. This is something Rochey and him have been working hard on
Bingerz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #8
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apparently, just before the start of the match with Baghdatis when asked how he will start the match he told to Daren Kahill (not sure if it was Daren or one of the commentators) that he is going to make sure that Baghdatis knows right from the start that this match won't last 5 hours.
Erm... So, Hewitt is a "big mouth" for saying that? Okay.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingerz View Post
If you actually think about it for a sec, what he was trying to say was that he was going to go out there with an aggressive approach and try and end points earlier than at Wimbledon. He didnt really want it to be a war of attrition. This is something Rochey and him have been working hard on
Failed miserably.

But he still won.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

The #4343 player from 1947 would easily dismiss Federer indoors playing with wooden racquet and on one leg.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
country flag MusicMyst

MusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond reputeMusicMyst has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
I watched it on ESPN360. Commentators said Hewitt told that to one of them. Should I save the audio file for a proof ?
I don't recall Darren Cahill mentioning anything like that during his ESPN commentary.

If you read Lleyton's interview, you will see he has nothing but respect for Marcos and likes him a lot. If he said anything, I'm sure it was not disrespectful to Marcos.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM   #12
country flag Bingerz

Bingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond reputeBingerz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Failed miserably.

But he still won.
Yeh, you are right, his plan and what happened didnt exactly work out, but i believe thats what he was trying to say
Bingerz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
If you read Lleyton's interview, you will see he has nothing but respect for Marcos and likes him a lot. If he said anything, I'm sure it was not disrespectful to Marcos.
Neither I understand that as a disrespect for Marcos. He was implying that he is a new man and that he will be attacking right from the start. He also said that Marcos has very good serve and that he can't read it at all, cause movement on all his serves are the same and that he is making changes only with his wrist and totally invisible to opponent(regarding their previous meeting in Wimbledon).
Old 01-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #14
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
If you read Lleyton's interview, you will see he has nothing but respect for Marcos and likes him a lot.
C'mon , everybody likes Marcos. I never heard anybody said anything bad about him. I think he is the most positive player on tour these days.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM   #15
country flag MusicMyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
Neither I understand that as a disrespect for Marcos. He was implying that he is a new man and that he will be attacking right from the start. He also said that Marcos has very good serve and that he can't read it at all, cause movement on all his serves are the same and that he is making changes only with his wrist and totally invisible to opponent(regarding their previous meeting in Wimbledon).
Then why would you say that Lleyton had a "big mouth", which implies that he's talking trash and/or boasting?