Thomaz Bellucci cheering thread - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2010, 02:46 AM   #721
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thomaz Bellucci

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
"Thomaz Bellucci, (...), fired last week his fitness coach, Rodrigo Gomes, who worked with him the last four years.

I tried to talk with Bellucci couldn´t then I talked with Gomes and he told of a problem that Bellucci suffers.
After suffering from cramps in the Davis Cup tie with Colombia last years april and the same problem in a ch against Alves, Bellucci's team tried to do some tests in a five-set match against Alves at USP (Uni of Sao Paulo) after Wimbledon.
It detected that Bellucci had the same problem of Fernando Gonzalez , an excessive transpiration. In this test Bellucci lost 3% of total liquid in his body. According to Gomes, a lost of 2% already disturbes a tennis player.

Then Bellucci's team searched for a doctor that elaborated an ingestion strategy of glicerol for some hours before every train to try to deal with the problem.

Bellucci has a nutritional deficit that makes him sweat more than normal for a player making he lose his intensivity". This strategy was used with sucess by Gonzalez and for Bellucci that now only had this problems again at RG

After Paris Bellucci decided to change his strategy and has gone to see another doctor who mounted another strategy- leading to a divergence of opinion and work method so we decided to split.". Gomes said.

apparently Thomaz does know how to do the job.

is he still coached by Joao Zwetsch?
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #722
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

parabéns thomaz!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 AM   #723
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=452

apparently Thomaz does know how to do the job.

is he still coached by Joao Zwetsch?
Yes, the guy with curly hair is still his coach, Joao Zwetsch, he went for him today after his win the same way in Gstaad.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #724
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

22 win streak on clay... (outside DC)

Challenger - Rimini

Pablo SANTOS (ESP);
Enrico BURZI (ITA);
Jiri VANEK (CZE);
Dieter KINDLMANN (ALE);
Juan Pablo BRZEZICKI (ARG).

ATP 250 - Gstaad

Q2 Teodor-Dacian Craciun (ROU)
Q3 Dustin Brown (JAM)

Michael LAMMER (SUI);
Stanislas WAWRINKA (SUI);
Nicolas KIEFER (ALE);
Igor ANDREEV (RUS);
Andreas BECK (ALE).

Challenger - Săo Paulo

Joăo SOUZA (BRA);
Santiago GONZALEZ (MEX);
Nicolas MASSU (CHI);
David MARRERO (ESP);
Nicolas LAPENTTI (EQU).

ATP 250 - Santiago

Nicolas LAPENTTI (EQU);
Paul CAPDEVILLE (CHI);
Eduardo SCHWANK (ARG);
Fernando GONZALEZ (CHI);
Juan MONACO (ARG).

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #725
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #726
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

wouldn't be too surprised if he tanks and loses to Alves now, one of all those Brazilians taking part should make the final hopefully, even without Thomaz.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #727
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I didn't know about the winning streak on clay.
It's really impressive how he came back from the 2nd set beatdown and found his momentum again.
S&V point in the last game.
Congrats on your 2nd title and career high ranking No.28.

Quote:
Bellucci Edges Monaco To Take Santiago Title
Santiago, Chile by ATP Staff | 08.02.2010

After a see-sawing final on Sunday, No. 3 seed Thomaz Bellucci collected his second ATP World Tour singles title at the Movistar Open, defeating No. 2 seed Juan Monaco of Argentina, 6-2, 0-6, 6-4.

Bellucci becomes the first Brazilian to win the Movistar Open title since his idol Gustavo Kuerten took the crown in 2000. Coincidentally, that was the last year Santiago staged this ATP World Tour 250 clay-court tournament, having been held in the Chilean seaside city of Vińa del Mar between 2001 and 2009.

"It's a coincidence that Guga (Kuerten) won the title the last time the tournament was played in Santiago," Bellucci said. "Guga was No. 1 in the world and I'm only starting to play in the bigger events now.

"It was a great week. I won some tough matches and I'm happy to win my second ATP [World Tour] title."

The 22-year-old left-hander burst out of the blocks in the first set, breaking Monaco's serve twice to lead 4-0. Although Monaco recovered one of the breaks to get back to 4-2 Bellucci regained the advantage, taking the next two games to snare the first set after 42 minutes.

But there was another wild swing in momentum as Monaco took Bellucci's lead from the first set. He broke the No. 3 seed's serve three times and improved the success rate on his first serve from 47 per cent to 72 per cent, blazing through the second set, 6-0.

Having lost seven straight games Bellucci held for 1-1 in the deciding set and at 2-2 got Monaco down 0-40 on his serve, eventually breaking for a 3-2 lead three points later.

Holding onto the advantage for the remainder of the set, Bellucci took his second ATP World Tour singles title after two hours, four minutes. It was his fourth three-set match of the week, including a dramatic win over home favourite and defending champion Fernando Gonzalez in the semi-finals.

"I played better than him in the first set," Bellucci said. "In the second set I didn't start very well and he took advantage and started playing better. In the third set I was able to play my game again and stay calm in the decisive moments to win the title."

Bellucci now improves to 2-1 lifetime in ATP singles finals, having won in Gstaad in August last year and earlier in the season finished runner-up on home soil at Costa do Sauipe.

Appearing in his 10th career ATP singles final Monaco falls to 3-7, replicating his runner-up finish at the 2008 Movistar Open when he had to withdraw before his match against Gonzalez due to a left ankle injury.

"I'm upset about the loss but I want to congratulate Thomaz; he had an excellent week and deserved to win the title," Monaco said.

As champion No. 35-ranked Bellucci takes home $64,450 and 250 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points, while runner-up Monaco, currently ranked No. 29, earns $35,980 and 150 South African Airways 2010 ATP Ranking points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg santiago_final_01.JPG (112.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg santiago_final_02.JPG (96.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg santiago_final_03.JPG (133.4 KB, 13 views)
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #728
country flag dave.

dave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond reputedave. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Thomaz!!

Good luck this week. I would hope he wouldn't tank seeing as it's his home country's biggest tournament, but we'll see.

Love the new career high.
dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #729
country flag vanne

vanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond reputevanne has a reputation beyond repute

i know this is kinda late but i forgot to share with you something the commentators said when Thomaz was playing the final against Monaco. They said that according to a journalist (he was on court i think) when Thomaz beat Gonzalez and they were shaking hands, Thom actually apologized to him I thought they were fighting or something `cause Gonzo shook his and went straight to his chair but Thomaz stay a little longer in the net and said something to him. Obviously he didnt have to but he`s so considerate

Davydenko Gonzalez Bellucci Berdych

Liverpool F.C.

FITD: W. Doha, Johannesburg, San Jose F. Rome SF. Auckland, Atlanta QF. Casablanca R16. Roland Garros
RANKING: 22 RACE: 24 (4)
PAW: SF. Monte Carlo QF. Doha, Memphis, US OPEN
RANKING: 53 RACE: 53 (25)
vanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:13 AM   #730
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing well this evening; the forehand is solid!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #731
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

One down
Old 02-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #732
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

How he got broken in the 2nd? I thought it would be a routine win after break up. Lucky that it didn't go any further.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #733
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

He was leading 4-2 and then got broken back. They were 5 all and then 6-5 and He broke Alves for 7-5 in the second. He had a little walkabout in that 7th game but Alves played some good points that game too.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #734
country flag shuhrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
He was leading 4-2 and then got broken back. They were 5 all and then 6-5 and He broke Alves for 7-5 in the second. He had a little walkabout in that 7th game but Alves played some good points that game too.
Thank you!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #735
country flag roberthenman

roberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond reputeroberthenman has a reputation beyond repute

Thomaz

Adrian Garcia Julio Peralta Thomaz Bellucci Leo Mayer

Forever Marcelo Rios - Pete Sampras - Tim Henman
roberthenman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote