Welcome Back to the sun, sand, stay away from the Bermuda Triangle Cheering Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
country flag Tina_Gastonfan

Tina_Gastonfan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees, just do your best in Viña

Hey everyone!
This is my first post even though I've been reading this Gaston's forum for a year now, almost daily.
First off all, I just have to say that you're doing a great job and you've made an excellent forum.

Second thing... I just joined because I can't keep it to myself anymore and I just have to say it to people who love Gaston and Gaston's play and may understand my pain: GASTON, DON'T RETIRE, PLEASE!!!! :-)

Gaston visited Umag this year and I was there. It was an amazing experience for me because I adore tennis.

I jusu wanted to say my opinion acctually... I think that Gaston is an amazing tennis player, great shots, great feeling...one of the best players I've ever seen playing. I just wish he would see how great and capable tennis player he is, because it seems to me that everyone can see that - but him. It just pains me so much to hear all the negative talk while he's on the court and I know that he said that whole his life he's been like that, but maybe it's time to change that. I think it is. But who asks me anyway.

I know I haven't said anything very new or unknown to you all, but... I just had to say it to ease my mind...Gaston, you have still so much to give...The problem - It is not about the way you play, because you still play like a top ten player - It is about the way you think. Change the way you think and your results will improve instantly.

Kiss for everyone
Tina_Gastonfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #32
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees, just do your best in Viña

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina_Gastonfan View Post
Hey everyone!
This is my first post even though I've been reading this Gaston's forum for a year now, almost daily.
First off all, I just have to say that you're doing a great job and you've made an excellent forum.

Second thing... I just joined because I can't keep it to myself anymore and I just have to say it to people who love Gaston and Gaston's play and may understand my pain: GASTON, DON'T RETIRE, PLEASE!!!! :-)

Gaston visited Umag this year and I was there. It was an amazing experience for me because I adore tennis.

I jusu wanted to say my opinion acctually... I think that Gaston is an amazing tennis player, great shots, great feeling...one of the best players I've ever seen playing. I just wish he would see how great and capable tennis player he is, because it seems to me that everyone can see that - but him. It just pains me so much to hear all the negative talk while he's on the court and I know that he said that whole his life he's been like that, but maybe it's time to change that. I think it is. But who asks me anyway.

I know I haven't said anything very new or unknown to you all, but... I just had to say it to ease my mind...Gaston, you have still so much to give...The problem - It is not about the way you play, because you still play like a top ten player - It is about the way you think. Change the way you think and your results will improve instantly.

Kiss for everyone
Welcome Tina!
We all feel the same about Gastón. I hate to think of tennis without him, but the truth is that he´s been suffering too much on court this last year, so I hope he will be happy, whatever he decides...
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #33
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Tina
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #34
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Tina

I'm new here too!
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:28 PM   #35
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

HI Tina,GETTA
VALE HOW ARE U
i suppose we all share the same opinion abt Gaston
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #36
country flag arzu8

arzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond reputearzu8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Welcome Tina!
We all feel the same about Gastón. I hate to think of tennis without him, but the truth is that he´s been suffering too much on court this last year, so I hope he will be happy, whatever he decides...
Vale, I agree with you. I too hate to think of tennis without Gaston, but he is human just like us. I will respect his decision regarless of my own selfish reasons. He has taught me alot about just being human, no matter who you are. He is real, 100% authentic
arzu8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #37
country flag Tina_Gastonfan

Tina_Gastonfan is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all the welcomes :-) I am aware that it may be a bit selfish for me (all of us)
to not want him to retire.... but... we're only humans, right? :-)
And yes, I do want all the best for him, all of the happiness of the world, but I wish if there is this tiny will, small feeling that he shouldn't retire that keeps him up at night... to give it another shot...

Now you may say, yeah, he has been giving it another shots for a few years now, still nothing happend. True.

But, I don't know what you all think, but I would like to hear your opinion on this one: should Gaston change his choach? What do you think?

I mean, I like Franco, he's a nice guy, was very kind to me and my friend while we were in Umag, but... when Gaston started to shout things (during the match vs. Ramirez Hidalgo) about how laim he is, mentioned his mom few times... I hated it that Franco didn't say a thing, acctually, he was laughing. Why he just doesn't tell Gaston: "Shut up and play". Because I think that whenever he starts shouting and talking during his match, he loses the most important thing that you need in tennis: concentration.
I know that Franco knows Gaston for a lifetime, and they are friends, and I am aware that I am writing this "quick reply" from my prespective and don't have a clue about what is acctually going wrong with Gaston, but...I'll dare to say that my opinion is that Gaston, if he wants to come back, needs a firm coach hand, someone who'll he listen and do what he says and be obedien to, and not a friend.

Sorry for my grammar mistakes, and ... yes, I am aware that this is situation with two different sides of the story (retire and life happily ever after - wish him that from the bottom of my heart,btw. try to come back with changing his way of thinking, coach maybe, so some radical changes - and prove to himself that he is a phenomen because he needs to prove nothing to noone and spend a few years in the top ten where he needs to be. There is a possibilty also that he doesn't retire this year, tries for another, anything doesn't cange and he retires in coming years- it's the risk. Aand the decision is his. I am sure he'll make a good one. With all my love for him and his tennis, if he wakes up in the morning and relizes there is no flame inside his heart to do it all - to come back- I'll be the first one to congratulate the man for everything he's done and thank him for all joy his personality and tennis brought in my life.)

This is just so complicated and I get so emotional everytime I think of Gasty-situation that I'll go to sleep now.... :-)

Kisses for everyone
Tina_Gastonfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:15 PM   #38
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome Back to the sun, sand, stay away from the Bermuda Triangle Cheering Threa

Gaston is back on tour and is confirmed in the draw at the moment to play Bermuda.

Just happy to see him play tennis again irrespective of the result.

He plays Odesnik in the 1st round.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:20 PM   #39
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome Back to the sun, sand, stay away from the Bermuda Triangle Cheering Threa

So happy to hear about this. Injury was not the only problem he had to overcome. His mind should also have been preoccupied with the fear that he must rise to the challenge of his enhanced hopes...

Hope Gaston is going to enjoy the tournament regardless of whom his opponent is.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #40
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he enjoys to play tennis again. No matter who's in front of him. Glad to have him back on court
Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 AM   #41
country flag wenty

wenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond reputewenty has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see Gaston back in action
wenty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #42
country flag reiko

reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute

What a pleasant surprise...
Welcome back on court, Gaston!
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:25 PM   #43
country flag gigi51

gigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond reputegigi51 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston isn't here anymore...sorry for you ...I just saw that in the draw...there is a LL... surently he just forgot to say NO to the organisation of Bermuda...

sorry sorry sorry I understand your reaction, it was the same about Coria last year in a Ostrava challenger when he was in a draw and then NO...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #44
country flag Getta

Gaston Gaudio is out due to sickness.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/511/mds.pdf

I believe that sickness was the reason of his withdrawal. I have to disagree with certain posters who implied that lack of respect to the tournament organisers was the true reason.

I would be a liar though if I didn't admit that perhaps the kind of his illness wouldn't be a problem for someone who plays regularly in events. Someone who tries to find the momentum to come back can easily be distracted by "small" problems (that normally could be easily solved in one way or another). I understand Gaston perfectly. And his "excuses" for a delayed comeback as well...

Gaston's reactions seem too familiar to me.

Last edited by Getta : 04-20-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:01 AM   #45
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Gaston Gaudio is out due to sickness.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/511/mds.pdf

I believe that sickness was the reason of his withdrawal. I have to disagree with certain posters who implied that lack of respect to the tournament organisers was the true reason.

I would be a liar though if I didn't admit that perhaps the kind of his illness wouldn't be a problem for someone who plays regularly in events. Someone who tries to find the momentum to come back can easily be distracted by "small" problems (that normally could be easily solved in one way or another). I understand Gaston perfectly. And his "excuses" for a delayed comeback as well...

Gaston's reactions seem too familiar to me.
Thank you Getta for coming out in Gastón´s defense so lucidly! I read some very unpleasant catty remarks in the Bermuda thread... Even if I weren´t a fan of Gastón´s, I believe in always giving people the benefit of the doubt. If he were OK he would be there!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote