KIWI's Davis Cup thread ! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2005, 05:10 AM   #1
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

Why don't we have one yet?

The draw for Germany vs. Czech Republic ::

Czech Republic - Germany
Berdych - Haas
Zib - Kiefer
Friedl/Cermak - Haas/Waske
Berdych - Kiefer
Zib - Haas

Also attached are two pictures ( thanks amanda for them )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r2_1.jpg (35.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg r2_2.jpg (42.3 KB, 16 views)
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #2
country flag NiciSunflower

NiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI's Davis Cup thread !

thanks for starting it

good luck to the whole team
Old 09-23-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

It's the first time ever that Kiefer plays the first day of a Daviscup play-off tie.

Goooo!!!!!
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe this guy (Nicolas) lol.He was about to lose,feeling nervous cause Tommy had lost just before him and somehow,after 3 hours 30 minutes..he won! I mean,THIS is a warrior,a champion.I don,t know if you looked at the pics on the davis cup website .there is one where he is in the arms of dc german coach,his eyes are closed.I was crying..lol.

Another thing,we all know Karen here in this forum,well Rita is about to hit Texas so lets all pray that she and everyone at there are all safe.
kiwiteami is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:05 PM   #5
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kiefer fights back to draw Germany level at 1-1

German number one Nicolas Kiefer came back from a second set let-down to defeat Tomas Zib of the Czech Republic 76 46 64 62 and even proceedings at one match each on the opening day of play in the World Group Play-off.

It was an impressive victory for Kiefer after Tomas Berdych had dampened German hopes with a five set win over Tommy Haas.

The first set was an even affair with neither player facing any difficulties on serve. Kiefer used his experience to storm ahead in the tiebreak though which he claimed seven points to four. Zib hit back in the second set though as he dominated on serve winning 73% of points on first serve and 100% of points on second serve.

The shock of losing the set seemed to inspire Kiefer into action as he dropped a mere six games in the last two sets to finish off victory at the Arena Liberec in the Czech Republic.

In a match in which both players claimed to be affected by nerves, Kiefer had 30 unforced errors and Zib 32, in the 3 hour 30 minute encounter.

"I felt a lot of pressure and I was nervous", Kiefer said. "The situation was not easy because we were down 0-1. It was important for me to fight through."

"I had already chances for a 2-0 lead but in the second set Tomas played really well." Asked if he would have to raise his level of play against Berdych in the reverse singles Kiefer said, "I have to be better. But I feel good and we will see on sunday."

Zib rose to the occassion as the world number 61 matched Kiefer shot for shot in the first three sets.

"I am very disappointed“, said Zib. "If I played just a bit better I think I would have beaten him." For the 29 years old Czech the first set tiebreaker was the key to the match.

"The court was extremely fast, slippery and wet. That bothered me. But for my opponent it was the same situation“, Zib said. "When the percentage of my first service went down it was tough for me to win the match."

In the second set it looked as Kiefer had the match under his belt. He led 4-3 with a break and started to play more confidently. But all of a sudden Zib stroke back. Kiefer missed an easy dropshot and the set was even. A similar situation appeared at 5-4 for Zib. The 28-year old from Hannover, Germany missed an easy smash which gave the Czech number two the set 6-4.

Kiefer seemed to be nervous since his country was already down 0-1 but nevertheless he broke Zib in the first game of the third set. At 3-2 Zib broke back and at 5-=4 Kiefer had two set points. The German converted the second one which gave him thethird set and a two sets to one lead.

In the fourth set Kiefer had the match under control. An early break and a further break to 5-2 gave him a comfortable lead, which he converted on his third matchpoint

The tie is now totally open. Tomorrow the Czechs Davis Cup-debutants Frantisek Cermak and Leos Friedl who have won five tournaments on clay in this season will most likely meet Tommy Haas and Alexander Waske in the doubles.

"The Germans have two solutions. If Haas is not feeling fit I think Rainer Schuettler will be in the team", Cyril Cuk, the Czech capitain said. Patrik Kuehnen, the German capitain, admitted that he will decide tomorrow morning who will play.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:23 PM   #6
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

some pictures from Kiwi's match vs Zib
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r2_3.jpg (34.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg r2_4.jpg (30.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg r2_5.jpg (37.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #7
country flag kiwiteami

kiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond reputekiwiteami has a reputation beyond repute

Germany leading 2-1 now..YES!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 04:18 PM   #8
country flag kiwifan80
Banned!

kiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond reputekiwifan80 has a reputation beyond repute

Good win- great comeback Kiwi Glad Germany's leading after a slow start

Thanx for the pics
kiwifan80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

lets hope Kiwi surprises us with a win over Berdych tomorrow!
That would be important!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 09-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #10
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

more pictures from Kiwi's match vs. Zib
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r2_21_czech.jpg (65.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg r2_22_czech.jpg (69.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg r2_23_czech.jpg (74.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg r2_24_czech.jpg (58.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg r2_25_czech.jpg (59.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg r2_26_czech.jpg (74.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg r2_27_czech.jpg (60.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg r2_28_czech.jpg (59.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg r2_29_czech.jpg (62.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg r2_20_czech.jpg (35.8 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #11
country flag Neely
-

Thanks, great collection!

Lets hope for even better pictures tomorrow!

Old 09-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #12
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the photos

Good luck tomorrow Kiwi

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:29 PM   #13
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi lost 7-6(5) 3-6 6-3 4-6 5-7 to Berdych

after 4 hours and 29 minutes

this loss hurts
I think Kiwi cried into the towel at the end

Old 09-25-2005, 03:30 PM   #14
country flag kiwiteami

OMG after a very long match,almost 4:30minutes,he lost! He must be in a bad mood.Well he fought hard at leat but Thomas is a very good player.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:33 PM   #15
country flag kiwiteami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Kiwi lost 7-6(5) 3-6 6-3 4-6 5-7 to Berdych

after 4 hours and 29 minutes

this loss hurts
I think Kiwi cried into the towel at the end

The poor baby,I understand if he's crying,he gave it all to win this match.I coudn't see the match but just looking at the score,it is easy to understand that he fought .