Inter-forum Pick 'em (FITD) Competition - 2008 AO - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inter-forum Pick 'em (FITD) Competition - 2008 AO

We are running another inter-forum pick 'em contest for the Australian Open and we would love to see another big team of MTFers joining the entrants from about a dozen sites/forums and about 40 countries who are taking part.

You can fill in your pick 'em entry at http://www.britishtennis.net/competitions.html - the deadline is 23.30 GMT on Sunday, which is 18.30 US Eastern. Qualifiers have already been placed in the draw.

This comp is just a bit of fun, with pride the main thing at stake, so you don't need to be 'picked' by anyone to take part in this competition in the MTF team - all you need to do is to put a tick against the player you expect to win every men's singles match in the AO, then you can sit back and wait for the results to come in!

If you have entered FITD on this board, you'll have done most of the work already, so why not take your picks from there, use them to tick selections on our entry form and then see how you do against people from lots of other sites as well.

Amalyn from MTF won the USO pick 'em, with two more MTFers in the top 10 (see http://www.britishtennis.net/07pickem/2007uo.htm), and the MTF team tends to do well in the team competition, at least in the early rounds, so you've got a pretty good track record in these competitions!
steven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
country flag n3gative

n3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inter-forum Pick 'em (FITD) Competition - 2008 AO

I'll jump in, cheers steven
n3gative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
country flag steven

steven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond reputesteven has a reputation beyond repute

This table shows the entrants from each board 24 hrs
before the deadline. The number in (..) is the final total
no. of entrants that board had for the USO pick 'em.

AO = -%- Cd Team ( USO )

39 = 28% AM AndyMurray.com ( 43 )
20 = 15% BT BritishTennis.net ( 20 )
16 = 12% AR AndyRoddick.com ( 26 )
10 = 7% RF RogerFederer.com ( 11 )
8 = 6% CC CentreCourtHavoc ( new )
8 = 6% MT MensTennisForums ( 32 )
6 = 4% IN Individuals (no team) ( 30 )
7 = 5% GR Rusedski.co.uk ( 10 )
7 = 5% RG RichardGasquet.net ( new )
5 = 4% TY *************** ( 14 )
---- below: have not reached the min. team size yet ----
3 = 2% VB VamosBrigade.com ( new )
2 = 1% TN Tennisopolis.com ( new )
2 = 1% MK MarkKnowlesTennis ( new )
2 = 1% SG Stevegtennis.com ( 12 )
1 = 1% BB BBC boards ( 7 )
1 = 1% BZ BritishTennisZone ( 6 )

We could do with quite a few more MTF entrants in order for you to have anywhere near as big a team as last time!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
country flag Nadie

Nadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond reputeNadie has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you had my picks twice when I press "Send", my PC suddenly decided to reset
Nadie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
country flag steven

Don't worry, I think we only got one entry from you - either that or the person who dealt with your entry noticed that there were two of them and only included the second one.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
country flag n3gative

n3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond reputen3gative has a reputation beyond repute

bracket's done already, I risked murray to make the finals
n3gative is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
country flag steven

The MTF team is in 1st place after R1 (see teams league) just ahead of the new all-French team from RichardGasquet.net. Nothing new there, but I wonder if you can avoid the usual drop down the table later in the tournament this time - I'm not sure why that always seems to happen!

You have also reached the QFs of the new teams knockout competition, which pitches you against a single team in each round. In R1, you averaged 48.65/64 per entrant compared to 47.42 for your opponents ***************. Your quarter-final opponents are BritishTennis.net.

In the individual event, MTF's qczi shares the lead with one other entrant on 54/64.

All of these pages plus picks analyses and a complete record of everyone's picks are linked to from http://www.britishtennis.net/Competitions.html while the most active forum thread about the competition can be found here

Good luck to all 17 MTF entrants for the rest of the competition!