Who's Going? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's Going?

I'm interested in how this ticket thing works there (i will maybe go)

Anyone who has been,can you tell me:

1.Can you reserve tickets by the phone or online few months before?

I dont understand,they say on the website that you need to overnight there to get a ticket???

2.And,what price is THE GROUND PASS for the first few days Monday,Tuesday etc??? nothing on the website..with the pass you can watch courts to 3-19...
For centre,court 1 and 2 there are special tickets,I know that.But can you order them before and they just wait you when you come?

Thanks.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
I'm interested in how this ticket thing works there (i will maybe go)

Anyone who has been,can you tell me:

1.Can you reserve tickets by the phone or online few months before?

I dont understand,they say on the website that you need to overnight there to get a ticket???

2.And,what price is THE GROUND PASS for the first few days Monday,Tuesday etc??? nothing on the website..with the pass you can watch courts to 3-19...
For centre,court 1 and 2 there are special tickets,I know that.But can you order them before and they just wait you when you come?

Thanks.
Hi

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else If you're in the UK anyway and really like to watch grass court tennis, go to Queens or Nottingham instead - much cheaper and nicer in my opinion BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 01-12-2008 at 02:16 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
Hi

Wimbledon Showcourt tickets are sold in a ballot which runs from August to December the previous year, so you are too late to buy any that way However, they do sell 500 each day in the first week to people who queue - and yes - if you wanted a Showcourt ticket you would have to be there overnight. However, if you want outside court tickets (Courts 3 to 18 and also standing room at the back of Court 2), you should be OK as long as you get there by 7.00am in the morning.

Last year they started a new thing - that a few tickets for the Showcourts were also sold online through www.ticketmaster.com from about a week before the tournament (you printed out a voucher and picked them up at the Box Office on the day) - but I don't know if that will be happening this year again, or if it was just an experiment

Last year, I think the Grounds Pass tickets for the first few days are around £25.00 (35-40 euros), which is not cheap but you do get a lot of choice of good matches on the outside courts for the first days. As to whether you should come - speaking as a local - I hate Wimbledon - it's crowded, overpriced, over-hyped, and I personally prefer watching tennis almost anywhere else BUT............ many people love it, - it does have an atmosphere of it's own and if you are a real tennis fan it's probably worth going just once to experience it for yourself.
Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie )

Just to clarify:

Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).

As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?

Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfancroatia View Post
Thank you very much The Cat Lady (or Rosie )

Just to clarify:

Practically,for me,its almost impossible to get a ticket for Centre and court 1 now (the only way is to be there overnight and buy one of those 500).

As for the tickets for court 3-18,which I'm interested it,
They are selling it on the particular day,right?( I want a Monday ticket so I need to be there on Monday morning)
You dont need a special ticket for outside courts?
With the ground pass ticket,you can watch any match in courts 3-18?
I heard that on court 3-18 there are no marked seats,you just come and seat where you wish,true?

Sorry for making so many questions,but this indeed looks like a complicated Slam

No worries - you're welcome And don't worry about the questions - it IS undoubtedly a complicated Slam.

And - yes - you are right with all your assumptions.

(1) Yes, it is impossible for you now to buy ShowCourt tickets unless you do the queueing thing, or can afford hugely expensive black market tickets And I would suggest don't even think about this, as the Police are very strict here on ticket touts, and even buying a black market ticket can get you into lots of serious trouble.

(2) For Courts 3-18, yes they are sold for each particular day. If you get there by 7.00am you should be fine. Doors open at 9.30am. There are loads of burger vans and coffee places along the queue, and they give you a numbered ticket to keep your place, so if you need to leave for a while you can get back into your rightful place. You know we Brits are great at queueing

3) No - you don't need a special ticket for the outside courts - the Grounds Pass gets you anywhere on Courts 3-18. Also, as I said before, standing room on Court 2.

4) Yes - you can watch any match. Play starts at 11.00am and normally finishes about 9.30pm depending on light and weather conditions.

5) Yes - there are no numbered seats on the outside courts, you can sit anywhere you want, apart from on the Coaches/Players' Guests seats. There are only a small number of these by the side of each court near the front(maybe 10) and they are clearly marked "Reserved".

Btw - a few tips if you come........

1) Bring your own water and food - Wimbledon is really expensive.

2) Try not to bring a rucksack or any big bags, because security is really tight, and everything gets searched and may be taken from you, and also slows down your entry through the gates.

3) Take a raincoat and/or an umbrella. It really does rain a LOT

Have fun - and if you need anymore info, please feel free to PM me or ask anymore questions here.

Rosie
xxx

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 01-24-2008, 04:17 AM   #5
country flag mirzic

mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic mirzic
Default help needed

hey peeps
i am looking to go to wimbledon for the 1st time this year
maybe for the 1st 5 days of main draw and possibly qualies
i am interesting in getting advice from others who have been before
i would like just a ground pass. does that entitle you to go to any main stadium (centre court or court 1)? can you get tickets on the day? do you have to line up? or do you have to buy them before hand?
also what about accomodation? i am thinking maybe find a hostel close to the venue. any suggestions?
hope someone can help me out
any assistance will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot in advance
mirzic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Default Re: help needed

Hi - tennisfancroatia started a similar thread to this a few days ago called "Tickets", and there are some answers in there that may help you.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #7
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

The ticket system is diabolical for Wimbledon.

But don't worry Marko, Ljubo won't be on a show court

If you do want a show court ticket, queuing overnight is actually more fun than it sounds, especially if you're with some friends or something (and it doesn't rain).

Ground passes are good for the 1st week as well, usually some good matches. Centre Court and Court 1 are 99% beatdowns and Brits losing.
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:15 AM   #8
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

This thread made me want to go to Wimbledon again

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
country flag reversevolley

reversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond reputereversevolley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tickets

Hey guys has anyone in the UK heard back from the ballot yet? I applied for and got tickets last year but cannot remember when I heard about them although it was Feb/March is I think.
reversevolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #10
country flag shirleysafin

shirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond reputeshirleysafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

the prices for court 3-8 sounds much cheaper than those in the center, that's killing me, emmm, maybe I could watch marat safin in those courts, haha
BRYANS
JEREMY CHARDY
TOMMY ROBREDOR
MARCO ANCIC
shirleysafin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #11
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by savestheday91 View Post
This thread made me want to go to Wimbledon again

I really hope I will be able to go again

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #12
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

I'm definitely there.

I'll probably do the same as last year and turn up to the final round of qualifying at Roehampton. Qing overnight is a must for at least one or two nights per year and I'll probably go for gound passes on most of the other days.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone outside the UK heard from the ballot?

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
country flag vodka007
Banned!

vodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond reputevodka007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's Going to Wimbledon 2008?

I am going to queue overnight at Wimbledon for the 1st week (Monday-Saturday).

Has anyone queued at Wimbledon before? any tips?

Who else is going to Wimbledon this year?
vodka007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going to Wimbledon 2008?

i will be queueing when i'm not at work.

some tips for the queue: take clothes for all weather conditions and something to occupy yourself with and food
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote