aust open 2008 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #106
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aust open 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by esther View Post
via will they show it on channel 7? i dont think the doubles is scheduled to be on tv... grrrr. maybe if the womens match finishes early
they've given the whole afternoon to the tennis, so i don't think the women will last that long lol

doubles matches at overseas tournaments, are another matter
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #107
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

lost 1st set 5-7

edit: now they've changed into 'wimbledon whites' lol

edit2: our coverage is cut! now i have to come back to watching scores

edit3: erlich/ram won 75 76

arnaud is again ao runners up well, not bad.

Last edited by Via : 01-26-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #108
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Good effort boys, they had their chances.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #109
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch the match, but Arnaud sounds pretty gutted about his performance in the audio interview - "j'étais nul"!

I only saw the video of the ceremony posted by nouf in GM http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?t=1331 - I'm not sure I got the part in French right because the commentators are talking about something else at the same time, but I think Mika complains in his speech that only a couple of people/Frenchies stayed for the final ("merci à ceux qui sont restés pour la finale - je balance, ça m'énerve!")
(Which is true, it does look a bit empty in their box while there still are so many Frenchies in Melbourne for Jo.)
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #110
country flag kukka

kukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond reputekukka has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad that Arnaud & Mika lost the final, but still a great tourney for them.

Elina

PS. Bad planning... I'll be in train tomorrow during the singles final... Oh well, I'll get the score from somewhere...

Allez! Nicolas Escudé Jérôme Haehnel Arnaud Clément Sébastien Grosjean Thierry Ascione Olivier Mutis Julien Varlet

C'mon! Lleyton Hewitt Mark Philippoussis Todd Reid

¡Vamos! Juan Carlos Ferrero Rafael Nadal

Yippee! Jan-Michael Gambill Graydon Oliver

Come on! Gustavo Kuerten Tim Henman

Wow! Patrick Rafter Wayne Ferreira
kukka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #111
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
And everything began with a dinner of losers Well, that's how losers become champions. Whatever happens in the final that's already a great result.
In his latest interview to FFT Arnaud tells that he came in Australia being not really in form (huh we noticed that) and said to Micka that if he wanted to win this GS he'd better change the partner because with Arnaud he wouldn't win much lol

That's funny, thanks. Are you (or someone else who has the coverage) going to record the final? My TV seems to have something against doubles, so it'd be great to see at least some highlights or caps of the match. I guess we are all looking forward to a new post-match show lol

but respect to Jo indeed Youzhny, Nadal... This guy is unbelievable!

Marine, do you have Eurosport now? JG is on TV on a Sunday afternoon, have a look if you get a chance.
it always turns out better when you don't expect anything

I'm hoping I can find some live stream or anything. I even tried the livestream at the AO website, but it isn't available to Holland.The will to pay for it doesn't even get me coverage
Maybe if I'm lucky they will show a little bit on Eurosport here.
It was so annoying with wimbledon, the bbc showed the possibility to change courts all the time, but that's only available for the UK
Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #112
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
you are so diplomatic

no need to trash the loser, huh?

higherlaw has espn livestream (you don't get doubles on tv?) but for others i think there should be other livestreams available.

moi i use the old-fashioned method of recording from my tv! haha... i don't know, i don't actually go back to watch old matches much at all, so i don't know what that's for
Life would be boring if everyone likes the same people

I tried to find a livestream for Arno's first round match, I found a betting website that you had to register with before you could watch, but it was free to register. When I was filling out the form, Holland wasn't listed. All countries were there, even the Antilles, but not Holland itself

But I will do a new search tonight

I can't record from my tv, my taperecorder is broken. And I don't really care, because there's hardly anything I want to record
Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #113
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
they've given the whole afternoon to the tennis, so i don't think the women will last that long lol

doubles matches at overseas tournaments, are another matter
Don't underestimate the women I went to the Dutch masters last year for Fred and he was last of the day. Before that a women's match. I expected I could see Fred's whole match, but luckily I could stay with a friend and therefor could watch an hour longer. The women played almost 3 hours If I had to go home, I could've seen Fred walking on the court and then run for my train, now I've seen 1 hour

Doubles matches everywhere are a problem for Dutch tv
Old 01-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #114
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
lost 1st set 5-7

edit: now they've changed into 'wimbledon whites' lol

edit2: our coverage is cut! now i have to come back to watching scores

edit3: erlich/ram won 75 76

arnaud is again ao runners up well, not bad.
Is it already over?
I'm not used to Aussie time, I thought it would take place sometime at night here
Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #115
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
I didn't watch the match, but Arnaud sounds pretty gutted about his performance in the audio interview - "j'étais nul"!

I only saw the video of the ceremony posted by nouf in GM http://wtatour.fr/showthread.php?t=1331 - I'm not sure I got the part in French right because the commentators are talking about something else at the same time, but I think Mika complains in his speech that only a couple of people/Frenchies stayed for the final ("merci à ceux qui sont restés pour la finale - je balance, ça m'énerve!")
(Which is true, it does look a bit empty in their box while there still are so many Frenchies in Melbourne for Jo.)
That speech is hilarious! Thanks for the video
To Arno: "We have to stay focused next time"
"I would like to thank the sponsor, especially Garnier, I love the gel"

And what does it mean what he said it French? Looking at Bruno that also must be something very funny I can't find a good online translator for the last part of it
Was Gilles also there or did I see it wrong?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #116
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post

Oh yes, Arnaud usually is not so much critical to himself so it sounds like he did play crap. Though they also have been mentioning some slight injury before. Hopefully he'll be in a better shape for the next tournament.

That video is absolutely tremendous! Mickaaaa
There is a YouTube link to it, BTW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uI8WAA-fQHs.

And this video from Eurosport is just wonderful, too: http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...vid63094.shtml. I couldn't stop laughing just looking at Arnaud's face during the interview, I have a feeling he thought they were taking a close-up of Micka when he was speaking so he, Arnaud, could relax. And that mosquito killing, mein Gott!!!!

These two are the best videos I've seen so far this year.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 PM   #117
country flag Via

thanks for all the links, guys! what a shame that i have to watch the ceremony on youtube

arnaud is a collector of aussie furry animals

ahhh mika... you could always have treated your aussie fans to stay behind for you... we are very good with our french flags (it's true, there wasn't much cheering for the french team at all. the israeli fans however, were out in force)

edit: aiya... the winner was thanking them very nicely, but arnaud looked totally blank... at least mika understood the english!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #118
country flag Via

kezzi, you don't mean you don't even have access to the men's final tonight? (tonight translation.... 10 hours from now, lol)
Old 01-26-2008, 10:34 PM   #119
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog View Post
Oh yes, Arnaud usually is not so much critical to himself so it sounds like he did play crap. Though they also have been mentioning some slight injury before. Hopefully he'll be in a better shape for the next tournament.

That video is absolutely tremendous! Mickaaaa
There is a YouTube link to it, BTW: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uI8WAA-fQHs.

And this video from Eurosport is just wonderful, too: http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...vid63094.shtml. I couldn't stop laughing just looking at Arnaud's face during the interview, I have a feeling he thought they were taking a close-up of Micka when he was speaking so he, Arnaud, could relax. And that mosquito killing, mein Gott!!!!

These two are the best videos I've seen so far this year.
That Eurosport video is cool!
Arno's eyes look so funny when following that mosquito
Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #120
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
kezzi, you don't mean you don't even have access to the men's final tonight? (tonight translation.... 10 hours from now, lol)
Yeah, men's final will be broadcasted here. But for the rest of the tournaments and most matches of grand slams it looks like the Dutch Eurosport prefers WTA, except for Federer's matches and the occasional Davydenko/Nadal/Djokovic. Usually the only GS I can see a lot of is Wimbledon, because I have acces to BBC 1 and 2 here. I can also watch the Arag World Team Cup on the German channels, but for the Dutch channels there isn't more in tennis than GS finals.
We would see a lot more when Sjeng Schalken still played, but the best player in our country now is a doubles player, but we never get to see him. Rogier Wassen and he's from Roermond, just like me But most of the time he doesn't even get selected for DC, they rather have more youngsters than an almost sure win in doubles For that reason I really didn't care that we went out the world group. And ofcourse France still is my fav team