aust open 2008 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #76
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aust open 2008

Qualifiés en double pour les demi-finales de cet Open d'Australie, Michaël Llodra et Arnaud Clément étaient tout joyeux, mardi, dans l'une des petites salles de conférence de presse où les interviewer s'est révélé un exercice particulièrement délicat en raison de leurs blagues incessantes. Tenants du titre à Wimbledon, les deux hommes espèrent toujours se qualifier pour les prochains Jeux Olympiques où, selon eux, rien n'est acquis en raison d'un règlement qui n'est toujours pas confirmé, la Fédération internationale et l'ATP poursuivant leurs discussions. En principe, la France pourra avoir un maximum de six joueurs à Pékin où les tricolores auraient quatre joueurs de simple et deux paires de double. Rappelons que c'est le classement du 16 juin qui fera autorité pour les sélections.
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-...o1453130.shtml

The journalists had a hard time interviewing them after their match because they were laughing and joking non-stop. They're hoping to qualify for Peking, but they say nothing is sure yet since the ATP and the ITF are still negotiating (normally, France should have at best 6 players: 4 singles players + 2 doubles teams).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #77
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if it is true that Arnaud practiced with Federer?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...01/22/federer/

Couldn't stand our commentators, Stubbs and Martina. No "little Arnaud" comments, but they were full of bad information and they totally trashed Nenad.

I wish Arnaud had played this well in Shanghai...

gtg
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #78
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Journalists sometimes ask silly questions, so it's good they were laughing and joking. They shouldn't make it too easy for them
Old 01-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #79
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

arnaud and mika could be seen last night in jo jo's box, along with most of the remaining french contingent. (except for fabrice....)

there's a blonde lady sitting in between them, was she possibly mika's wife? arnaud looked quite dashing without the silly glasses and bandanas, wearing a black shirt. they left early though.

it was actually the 7th anniversary of his famous battle with kafelnikov at the same stage of the ao in 2001, which was also the men's night match. now it's tsonga turn with another russian. time flies.... but same result, the frenchman won

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
I wish Arnaud had played this well in Shanghai...
arnaud/mika had a very different mindset in shanghai, i guess that's obvious!
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #80
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

arnaud DID look 'dashing' last nite at jo jos match.

very impressive that they beat the number 2 seeds. cant wait for their match tomrorow
Old 01-23-2008, 07:01 AM   #81
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
arnaud and mika could be seen last night in jo jo's box, along with most of the remaining french contingent. (except for fabrice....)

there's a blonde lady sitting in between them, was she possibly mika's wife? arnaud looked quite dashing without the silly glasses and bandanas, wearing a black shirt. they left early though.

it was actually the 7th anniversary of his famous battle with kafelnikov at the same stage of the ao in 2001, which was also the men's night match. now it's tsonga turn with another russian. time flies.... but same result, the frenchman won
Mika's wife isn't blond, but maybe she died her hair. You can see her here (last year in Roland-Garros):
http://roland-garros.france2.fr/repo...&id_article=92
I don't know who it was, I saw only Mika.

There was an interview of Arnaud and Escudé yesterday in L'Equipe to talk about their own experience of a quarter of final at the AO, but he didn't say anything new. He stresses how "disconnected" you're from France when you're down under and don't get much of the buzz in the media. He was pretty cool at the time, his main problem seemed to be the press conferences in English ("Pffff.... je ne faisais pas le malin!") It's special to enter the lockerroom and everything is empty, it feels so solemn all of a sudden. But they both say Jo should be able to deal with it. The interview really is mostly about Jo.

Last edited by Truc : 01-23-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #82
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

Arnaud was amazing in doubles the other day!

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #83
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

mika's wife, camillle is brunette, i guess the blonde girl was bruno's g/f.

(video wimbledon http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=KGctC7IKf-Q)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #84
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

well i got the idea it's mika's wife, because they were sitting close together! otherwise i'd have speculated about her being arnaud's new girl

so don't tell me that mika was rather close to a blonde girl who wasn't his wife last night

it's good that jo's getting tips from his predecessors at the ao (but now that he's into the semis.... umm )

Last edited by Via : 01-23-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #85
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Rod Laver Arena

11.00 am

1 Men's Doubles - Semis
Jeff Coetzee (RSA)/
Wesley Moodie (RSA)
v. Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7]/
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7]

Allezzz

Guy Forget
Old 01-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #86
country flag Via

they should be stronger on paper, but never underestimate a team that's got themselves into the semis as well!

go arnaud/mika... two more matches and arnaud will finally be an australian champion (i'm looking ahead now )
Old 01-24-2008, 01:04 AM   #87
country flag Via

they've done it!

lol @ mika giving arnaud a lift, then almost threw him to the ground like the tango
Old 01-24-2008, 04:30 AM   #88
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
they've done it!

lol @ mika giving arnaud a lift, then almost threw him to the ground like the tango
aaah i missed the match because i was at work. How was it??? Number 1 seeds = byron brothers= have been knocked out as well. Yay! Is the doubles final on Saturday?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #89
country flag esther

and good luck jo jo for tonite!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:35 AM   #90
country flag Marine

Génial !

Guy Forget