2008 News, photos and chit-chat thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #31
country flag L James

L James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2008 News, photos and chit-chat thread

Scud coming back

Quote:
MARK Philippoussis is planning another comeback to professional tennis 10 months after his fifth round of knee surgery.

Australia's former US Open and Wimbledon runner-up will contest an over-30s tournament in North Carolina in September with the hope of eventually returning to the ATP Tour.

The 31-year-old Philippoussis hasn't played at the elite level since breaking down during the Australian Open wildcard playoff in January, having missed the entire 2007 season with injury.

But he refuses to believe his career is over and will join the likes of former world No.1 Jim Courier, fellow two-time grand slam finalist Todd Martin and South African veteran Wayne Ferreira in the seniors event.

Philippoussis also took part in the Outback Champions Series last year when he lost to then 48-year-old John McEnroe in the fourth-place playoff.

Philippoussis then re-injured his knee competing in the Australian Open wildcard tournament in December, forcing him to go under the knife yet again.

Philippoussis achieved a career-high ranking of No.8 in 1999 and has won 11 career ATP singles titles.

He lost to countryman Patrick Rafter in the 1998 US Open final and to Roger Federer in the 2003 Wimbledon decider, which gave the brilliant Swiss his first grand slam trophy.
L James is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 PM   #32
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit of a media beat-up... i wouldn't go that far and call it a "comeback"... more like he's returning to tennis and playing a seniors event for fun.

If and when there is news of Mark playing a proper challenger event then I would say he's trying to make a comeback... but i will be happy to see him play any event.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #33
country flag flip_fan

flip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond reputeflip_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Mark is confirmed to play the Standford Championships in Dallas in Oct 22-26.

So that's 2 Outback series events.... The Palisades in September, The Standford in Oct.... will just have to wait and see what his conditioning is like. I still find it very hard to imagine Mark returning to the main tour. I think he'd do well playing the senior events and maybe WTT... I don't think he'll have the fitness or good health to regularly play tour tournaments or gland slams.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:40 AM   #34
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

great news, i always feel pity for mark, if not for so many injuries, he could have won more
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip_fan View Post
Mark is confirmed to play the Standford Championships in Dallas in Oct 22-26.

So that's 2 Outback series events.... The Palisades in September, The Standford in Oct.... will just have to wait and see what his conditioning is like. I still find it very hard to imagine Mark returning to the main tour. I think he'd do well playing the senior events and maybe WTT... I don't think he'll have the fitness or good health to regularly play tour tournaments or gland slams.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #35
country flag L James

L James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond reputeL James has a reputation beyond repute

Mark's comeback coming soon in Dallas seniors event and then he has said he's eyeing the Aussie summer for his revival
Old 09-29-2008, 09:55 AM   #36
country flag flip_fan

blah, blah, blah.... he said this, he said that... lol, i'm sick of the talk... he's gonna have to work that big butt off if he wants to play at grand slam level again. I'd love nothing more to see Mark back, but it's barely possible to imagine with his track record.

Dallas will be very interesting... i don't expect he will play very well, but I am hoping he's in decent physical condition!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #37
country flag L James

How did he go in Dallas?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:19 AM   #38
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L James View Post
How did he go in Dallas?
I don't think he ended up playing.
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:47 PM   #39
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the plays some tournaments this year and places well,