The Captain Obvious Thread. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-04-2005, 03:35 AM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Captain Obvious Thread.

I think CaptainObviousBrad deserves it..... especially after this latest winner of a posting. There's too much crap to make fun of in his posts, we might as well collect them all in one place
-----------------
4.3.2005 -

I’m totally Kimphatic about Clijsters pulling off the daily double the last two weeks! The only other person to accomplish this feat was Steffi. Clijsters has announced her presence once again on the WTA Tour. In her meteoric return to the game she went through six top ten players, for that effort she gets the Bud Ice player of the week award.

Big props to Nadal, who despite a losing effort has declared himself a force to be reckoned with on the hard courts. In the first set Federer was surprised by Nadal’s high and heavy ball. Nadal had the Federer Express on the defensive for the first three sets and was a sniff away from the biggest win of his career. Then it was like some computer chip went off in Roger’s brain and he started to do some damage with his forehand. The whole match kind of reminded my of Andy’s 03 semifinal five set comeback over Nalbadian. This kid is only 18 and he moves as well as Federer and might even be as fast as Hewitt. I see Nadal as a cross between Muster and Vilas. Look for him to be this year's Coria on clay. He’s also my early pick to win Roland Garros, which he missed the last two years because of injuries.
==============

My comments:
~Kimphatic???????????????????
~OK so the match actually reminded me of Andy's USO SF too
~I don't think Rafa really wants to be this year's Coria, does he? no, I wouldn't think sooooooooooo.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 03:42 AM   #2
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Captain Obvious Thread.

Good idea Deb, he certainly has plenty "hot air" coming out of that mouth of his to provide entertainment for a long time to come

Errrr Brad can you try something original anytime soon Though I do have to say the "Kimphatic" gave me a good laugh.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:40 AM   #3
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

Look, it's Brad Gilbert!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (21.0 KB, 77 views)
liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 AM   #4
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal won't win Roland Garros. It's too soon. Give him a year or two, he hasn't even played there before.

That match didn't remind me of the Andy-David semifinal whatsoever. Nadal did everything he could and didn't choke. Roger simply stepped it up to another level and that was it. Nadal will probably develop that "extra gear" in the future. If he had it today, it could have been different. IMO, David dipped after the third set in their match. Oh, and then he proceeded to sit out for most of the rest of the year because his wirst was busted. Sorry... not seeing it.

Being this years Coria would be fine if it means we can leave the ridiculous RG final out.

But seirously Brad... there is no room on the Nadal bandwagon. We're a packed house of 6, and there is no room for you. Sorry. You lost your spot when you wrote him off a year ago.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:55 AM   #5
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love our friend Brad Gilbert

(Brad: "That picture is of me")

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #6
country flag jessa007

jessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond reputejessa007 has a reputation beyond repute

BG

jessa007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #7
country flag gorgeous

gorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond repute

And the pic up there.... ugh, the hair!!!

Quote:
that killed me. that really killed me. (that means i'm dead.)
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali
--
Andy Roddick - Marat Safin - Tommy Haas - Mario Ancic - Xavier Malisse - Andre Agassi - Pete Sampras - Jimmy Connors
gorgeous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #8
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason, looking at that picture makes me think of miami vice
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #9
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice idea of a thread deb
Brad's horrible in pics (but danielle looks awesome!)...watch me end up running into him at the practice day though and ask for a pic
Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #10
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

brads a babe
and he says the most interesting thing

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #11
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Brad is sexay

NOT!!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #12
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

I like Brad's updates for the humor I find when he goes on and on about nothing we didnt already know. But this whole thread....

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #13
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

bradlicious cookies - past their sale date. they don't make them anymore, recipe gone missing. taste staled.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #14
country flag MissFairy

MissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond reputeMissFairy has a reputation beyond repute

so heres the deal, Andy was probably like, 'So Brad, how am i gonna get back to Number One?'

Brad: 'Play some ball'

the result? the 2004 Season
I also did not eat Curry 'cos it rhymes with Murray.

I fangirl for Roddickulous, Youzhless and the Djoke.
g1MmYM@NnN!!!122!!
MissFairy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #15
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

The Captain strikes again!

4.11.2005 -

Last week marked the official start of the clay court season and now this week with the Masters Series event taking place at Monte-Carlo we will get a good look at the early favorites for Roland Garros. The seven weeks that leads up to RG is unique only to the red stuff on the tennis calendar. No other surface in tennis enjoys such exclusivity. That being the case, I’d like to bring up my qualm of the day. The U.S. needs to deal with the current trend of not having any real clay court contenders. We’ve got only one American (Spadea) playing this week in Monte-Carlo. Part of the problem is the lack of red clay courts in the U.S. The green stuff is not the same, it’s to fast and slippery. This is a big oversight on our part. We should have our juniors starting out on clay when they are young. It’s like learning how to ski; it’s much easier to learn when you’re a little kid than when you’re an adult. I was 19 the first time that I played on clay. It took me years to learn how to move on it.

There are 12 to 14 guys that can really play well on the red stuff. But the guy that I have my money is Nadal. I remember the first time I saw him play; he was only 15, and I was blown away. He has made some major improvements to his game in the last year and has recently gained a lot of confidence. His backhand has improved greatly since the 04 U.S. Open. I think he can still get better on his serve. He and "Club Fed" could meet up in the semis. I’d pay $500.00 to see that match.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote