Marat "Down-under" , The Kooyong and AO thread - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #376
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat "Down-under" , The Kooyong and AO thread

Tsonga Some of his points were so "maratish" awww

The hard part begins now: meeting Guy Forget
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #377
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Novak!!!!
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #378
country flag mir

mir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond reputemir has a reputation beyond repute

what a way to come back from a holiday
Happy to be back for the final and wow what a nice final!
hat off for jo-willie and to Nole
mir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:32 PM   #379
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir View Post
Tsonga Some of his points were so "maratish" awww
you think that too. I'm not crazy. Many things about him makes me think of marat: the way he goes to the net, the way he strokes the ball, his backhand,his legs (but this may be because of adidas socks and shoes) even his unforced errors.
congratulations to both players!I'm happy for Nole, he handled his nerves, the crowd pretty well. As tsonga said on French TV, Tsonga didn't lose the match, novak won it
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #380
country flag amdany

amdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond reputeamdany has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilimi80 View Post
you think that too. I'm not crazy. Many things about him makes me think of marat: the way he goes to the net, the way he strokes the ball, his backhand,his legs (but this may be because of adidas socks and shoes) even his unforced errors.
congratulations to both players!I'm happy for Nole, he handled his nerves, the crowd pretty well. As tsonga said on French TV, Tsonga didn't lose the match, novak won it
same here, Jo make me thinks of Marat, and when Nole kissed the floor at the end, I remembered Marat at the Us open and then my bros said

-you can't stop thinking about him, huh? you see him everywhere

Last edited by amdany : 01-28-2008 at 08:23 AM.
amdany is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #381
country flag lilimi80

lilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond reputelilimi80 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdany View Post
same here, Jo make me thinks of Marat, and when Nole kissed the floor at the end, I remembered Marat at the Us open and then my bros said

-you can't stop thinking about him, huh? you saw him everywhere
the same here, US Open 2000 .
and since the day I became safinated, my family has learned to pretend listening to me when i talk about marat. they know i'm the only one allowed to crticize him, especially when he's down.
but my father is even more safinated than me ...
lilimi80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #382
country flag yarina

yarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond reputeyarina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and since the day I became safinated, my family has learned to pretend listening to me when i talk about marat. they know i'm the only one allowed to crticize him, especially when he's down.
I also remembered Us open 2000...

I was interested in watching the finals even if none of my fav was featured, but still I thought it was interesting to watch two new guys battling out for it.

I started by being objective and ended rooting for Tsonga. anyway, god win for nole: he is young and so solid, he seems to have a good career ahead of him.
yarina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #383
country flag steph2790

steph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond reputesteph2790 has a reputation beyond repute

Nole played brilliantly, and Jo was a worthy runner-up! Cant wait to see him play more matches and move up the rankings!

If Nole hadn't of singled out the crowd for not supporting him in his semi-final, he would have received more support in the final.. when he said it in his post-match interview on friday i was like noooooooo!
Old 01-28-2008, 01:27 AM   #384
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
Did you have to post it 3 times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin View Post
3 posts mushy?
... bloody technology!

Congrats to Screech
(I'll only say it once this time)

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Last edited by Curls : 01-28-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: because I'm old and forgetful :)
Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #385
country flag Sarka

Sarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond reputeSarka has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't get my ass out of bed early enough so I only saw the end Congrats Nole! He showed great mental strength and didn't let the crowd distract him

Quote:
Me too When my mom came in the room and saw Tsonga, she thought it was Marat at first

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdany View Post
OMG, you girls said everything I wanted to say When Nole kissed the floor I got really melancholic and I thought he was about to climb up to his box like Marat did.

Quote:
Same here I can relate to everything you said
Sarka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #386
country flag Mrs. Fabregas

Location: back into my "normal +work mode" and me don't like :(
Mrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. Fabregas has a reputation beyond repute

Seems i missed all the fun in the last week

Thank god I still have the rewatch possibility on Eurosport , so guess that's what i'm going to do in the next few days
Mrs. Fabregas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote