Hingis Appeal Rejected by ITF. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Hingis?

I think she did knowingly take cocaine, but I still admire her. 6 35.29%
I think she knowingly took cocaine and I think she is foolish and deserves a ban. 6 35.29%
I think the test results are wrong and I think she was an asset to tennis. 5 29.41%
I think the results are wrong, but I still think Martina is an annoying cow. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
country flag The Pro

The Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hingis Appeal Rejected by ITF.

It has been announced that Martina Hingis has been banned from tennis for 2 years, posthomulously you could say since she retired.

I find this very sad but I'm curious as to what people thing of her after all this. Do you still like/admire her for what she brought to the sport, and her courage in coming back? Or do you think she's a let-down and disappointment?

EDIT: My title's a bit misleading actually, she never officially appealed. It's more a case of her official statement being disagreed with the ITF.
The Pro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #2
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hingis Appeal Rejected by ITF.

IMO she took cocaine....I assume for pleasure (though this might not sound right)....I think it's her life...she's not gonna be the first or last one to use drugs for "entertainment purposes"

I just hope she can handle the drug and not become an addict, this in case she really took it....

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
country flag The Pro

The Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people. 45 views and 4 votes. Have an opinion!
The Pro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
country flag gomeny

gomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond reputegomeny has a reputation beyond repute

If I had to play the wta I would do blow too.

It's stupid, they should offer her drug treatment program before banning her for two years.
gomeny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
country flag Martian Jenya

Martian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond reputeMartian Jenya has a reputation beyond repute

Bunch of retards at the ITF ! If Martina took doping then there are lot of other girls doing it also.

Martina Hingis 4-Ever #1 in my heart : My addiction and devotion to you will never stop ! Loyal Martina Hingis fan 'till I die. 1996-2007
Chelsea FC : KTBFFH ! Loyal Belgian Blue since 1997.

Amy Lee Admirer 4-Life : The greatest singer ever seen

Martian Jenya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:56 AM   #6
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

yes, i do think she did take the cocaine, coz in the judgement, seems no mention of her providing the negative hair test, and the samples should be hers

i feel sorry for her, to have a career ended like this, but we should not be forgetten that its not right to take cocaine, stll i do believe that she is a good person and a good player

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:08 AM   #7
country flag helgagonzalez

helgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond reputehelgagonzalez has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hingis did take drugs... so it's just right for her to be banned... in any case, she has retired so that shouldn't hurt/affect her in any way...
helgagonzalez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:17 AM   #8
country flag Midnight Express

Midnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Express has a reputation beyond repute

Where is the option "Who cares about coke"?

OF COURSE SHE TOOK IT....
Midnight Express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote