2012 MTF Mug of the Month: Wawrinka at it again - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #556
country flag syc23

syc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 MTF Mug of the Month: Who will win August?

Never mind Mug if the month, the King of Mug Award of the Year goes to Golubev for last night's epic chokefest. Actually went to bed after Golubev was up in the 3rd set, knowing that he would do his absolute best to somehow ending up losing the match.
syc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #557
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
It's called mug of the month, not mug of the day.

Though, Golubev has lost to Bellucci, Stepanek, and Stakhovsky in addition to his performance tonight.

I still think Troicki's epic choking vs. an even bigger choker vs. Falla along with his dreadful showing vs. Fognini in Cincy and a wretched choke vs. Monfils in Canada might win him the award.

Unless Murray loses to Somdev tomorrow.
You should take your own advice.
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #558
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
I dont understand why Golubev should win the award. Most players wouldnt get near of what he did to Nadal.

Shows the guy has a nice game, but mind needs some adjust and he could wander around top 50-80 for many years.
Yep, this is just a kneejerk reaction. If he had lost 6-3 6-3 6-3 without posing any trouble to Nadal whatsoever and played in his shell not giving himself any shot at the win, nobody would be calling him mug of the month, which makes no sense. He gave it a go and wasn't mentally there to do it, but otherwise would have taken it to 5 sets. Can't say that about many of Nadals opponents who'd just roll over for him.

Troicki deserves it this month.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #559
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Bellucci or Nadal.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:46 AM   #560
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

Must be Troicki.
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:35 PM   #561
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc23 View Post
Never mind Mug if the month, the King of Mug Award of the Year goes to Golubev for last night's epic chokefest. Actually went to bed after Golubev was up in the 3rd set, knowing that he would do his absolute best to somehow ending up losing the match.
Fucking oath. Every month this year should be Golubev.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #562
country flag TommyCZE

TommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond reputeTommyCZE has a reputation beyond repute

clearly Troicki....or maybe Nandral

Support also: Söderling, del Potro, Gulbis, Berankis
TommyCZE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #563
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Viktor Troicki has outdone himself this month and has won the prestigious Mug of the Month award for August.

For the appetizer, Troicki was broken 3 times by a tiring Isner in the Washington QF, losing 1-6 in the decider, DF away a break, hitting 2nd serves barely 70 mph and allowing return king John Isner to break him 3 times en route to the loss. Lost it mentally in that 3rd set.

For the main course, Troicki in Canada against Monfils made himself a legend. After winning the first set 6-3, Troicki missed 3 match points when Monfils served at *5-6 in the 2nd set before being BAGELED in the tiebreak 7-0 by Monfils. To top it off, Troicki served for the match at *5-3 in the third before choking again and losing it in the 3rd set tiebreak

For dessert, Troicki decided to lose to Fabio Fognini, The Most Interesting Tennis Player in the World in Cincy, losing 4-6, 1-6 in a wretched performance against Fognini, who was 0-6 on hardcourt on the year prior to this win.

And the icing on the cake, up 2 sets to 1, blows 3 match points against mental giant Alejandro Falla in the US Open and losing 7-5 in the fifth.

What a king of mugs this Troicki is. Well done, mate
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #564
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 MTF Mug of the Month: Viktor Troicki, mug of mugs, wins August

For September I'd like to put in an early nomination for the United States Tennis Association
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #565
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreak4coffee View Post
For September I'd like to put in an early nomination for the United States Tennis Association
I would like to second this nomination
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #566
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Viko, so much hating on him He's such a funny guy, who simply took advantage of a strange situation in the tour...
Viko
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #567
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

And Golubev has been worse than him. By far.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #568
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post
And Golubev has been worse than him. By far.
Andy "Duck" Roddick outdid Golubev's performance this evening.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 PM   #569
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

USTA indeed.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #570
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

The month is young, plenty of time for mugging around the next few weeks.

The USTA surely an early candidate.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote