Have a good flight home, Rafa! AO Thread. - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:45 AM   #121
country flag hra87

hra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond reputehra87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haters Rejoice! Rafa into Oz Quarters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
That's true. I am just superstitious when it comes to Rafa. Obviously Youzhny is the biggest threat for Nadal in this draw but a five set match allows Nadal to come back a little bit more. However he has to play better than USO 2006.

As for KaxMisha, well he is the" upholder of logic" in this irrational universe. I once stated that I wouldn't mind Fed being no.1 if Rafa wins French and Wimbledon. He bad repped me saying "stop trolling, Nadal will never win Wimbledon". A little bit of a slip-up for his high standards I would say
I won't mind too much if Youzhny beat him though, I like Youzhny a lot. That reminds me, I need to re-work my sig. I had it organized in a specific way, but that way is no longer relevant (it's based on my favorites in arbitrary categories I created). Plus Gasquet has been putting me to sleep recently, and in his category he barely squeaked passed Murray. Maybe I should switch. I'll give it some thinking over.

I don't think Tsonga has a chance btw, unless Youzhny is injured again or something, so it should get interesting. Hopefully Nadal will amp it up and we'll get a nice 5-setter out of it.

And hopefully Hewitt beats Djokovic tonight.

I was just looking at the Federer-Tipsarevic thread. It's like every one of his posts leads to an argument. I got into one with him for no reason at all, but I posted in a style that I thought would particularly aggravate him and it was fairly fun. Next time I'll start an argument and be completely "illogical" and see how it works. People obsessed with "logic" are funny, because once they come up against someone who is illogical, their worldview gets shaken to the core and they get really upset and have to make the other person understand their logic. All very funny to watch.
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2008, 01:09 AM   #122
country flag the_natural

the_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond reputethe_natural has a reputation beyond repute

I actually do worry about Tsonga, he could beat Youhzny i think, im just being superstitious because he could be the guy with the run to the final that weve had every year since 01 you know: Clement, Johansson, sch (cant remember the guy from 03, i think hes south african), safin 04 05, Marcos, Gonzo... Tsongo??? But then again It could easily be Youhzny who is definatley on a high after Crushing Karlovic, and then handily defeating Koyla, If he beats Tsonga in straight sets we can Kiss Rafas finals hopes goodbye.

Yah Know I really dont think Rafa has much of a chance of winning even if he were to beat Niem and make the finals, because even in his destruction of Serra, he was broken twice, who cares about the scoreline, HE WAS BROKEN TWICE, by a guy he was destroying. Im really impressed that rafa improved the smart way, instead of trying to be more of a hardcourter, he decided to improve his old game of hitting left to right, and trying to keep it deep then using the angles, thats the way for him to win, Hit the ball higher over the net to keep it as deep as possible with less effort, guys cant consistently attack you when you do that. They said he was the new agassi in 05 and even 06 wimbledon cos he was like a windscreen wiper moving the ball left to right. Only Problem is his return of serve is weak at best and His serve is VERY ATTACKABLE which is what im really disappointed in, you would think that they would worked tirelessly to make him get that kick serve out wide in the deuce court, and the slice out wide in the ad court as his bread and butter shots!!!! Hes gonna have to wear his opponents down.

And im afraid if he makes the semis esp against Youhzny even if he squeaked a win it would be a tournament ender like that match against Murray last year....
the_natural is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:31 AM   #123
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I won't mind too much if Youzhny beat him though, I like Youzhny a lot. That reminds me, I need to re-work my sig. I had it organized in a specific way, but that way is no longer relevant (it's based on my favorites in arbitrary categories I created). Plus Gasquet has been putting me to sleep recently, and in his category he barely squeaked passed Murray. Maybe I should switch. I'll give it some thinking over.

I don't think Tsonga has a chance btw, unless Youzhny is injured again or something, so it should get interesting. Hopefully Nadal will amp it up and we'll get a nice 5-setter out of it.

And hopefully Hewitt beats Djokovic tonight.
I like Youzhny too but when he plays Nadal I prefer Nadal. However, Youzhny's in great form so I wouldn't mind a five setter too. And with you on Hewitt beating Djoko.

Quote:
I was just looking at the Federer-Tipsarevic thread. It's like every one of his posts leads to an argument. I got into one with him for no reason at all, but I posted in a style that I thought would particularly aggravate him and it was fairly fun. Next time I'll start an argument and be completely "illogical" and see how it works. People obsessed with "logic" are funny, because once they come up against someone who is illogical, their worldview gets shaken to the core and they get really upset and have to make the other person understand their logic. All very funny to watch.
That's a rather interesting viewpoint to take. Will try that next time
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 AM   #124
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa has the wonderful afternoon match tomorrow again. Thank you so very much AO organizers. VAMOS!!!!

Rod Laver Arena 11.00 AM
1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7] v. Daniel Nestor (CAN)[2]
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7] Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[2]
2. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[3] v. Serena Williams (USA)[7]
3. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)[24] v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
Old 01-21-2008, 04:00 PM   #125
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Rafa has the wonderful afternoon match tomorrow again. Thank you so very much AO organizers. VAMOS!!!!

Rod Laver Arena 11.00 AM
1. Men's Doubles - Qtr. Finals
Arnaud Clement (FRA)[7] v. Daniel Nestor (CAN)[2]
Michael Llodra (FRA)[7] Nenad Zimonjic (SRB)[2]
2. Women's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[3] v. Serena Williams (USA)[7]
3. Men's Singles - Qtr. Finals
Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)[24] v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
It's perfect for me too. I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night nor be late to the job.

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:12 PM   #126
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

I have to wake up in the middle of the night.

But I might not bother. I have been too many times sitting sadly in front of my TV as Rafa departs yet another hardcourt Slam before the semis
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #127
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
I have to wake up in the middle of the night.

But I might not bother. I have been too many times sitting sadly in front of my TV as Rafa departs yet another hardcourt Slam before the semis

I know what you mean. But look at it this way: maybe it's the last time you can see Rafa at AO. This Nieminen is good.

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #128
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Bye Rafa. It's been nice watching you. Sniff.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #129
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Luck against Nieminen, Rafa!!

Yeah, but he's after Jankovic

The Massu of the women's tour
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #130
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Luck against Nieminen, Rafa!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze-2004 View Post
Yeah, but he's after Jankovic

The Massu of the women's tour
God help up all.

Surely Serena can speed things along. Then again.....
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:49 AM   #131
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are you serving so badly, stupid boy??

@ the attempted jump smash, 3rd game 3rd set.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #132
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Default Re: Nadal reaches first ever Hard Court Slam Semi Final!! Painfully.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #133
country flag Lopaka
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond reputeLopaka has a reputation beyond repute

With Rafa now into his first hard court Slam semi I'm not sure if I should cheer or go into seclusion away from all media sources until after the AO finishes.

Nah, he looks good and did not disappoint at Indian Wells so I guess I'll chance a few more hours in front of the television.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #134
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

:musi c:

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #135

Congrats to Rafa on his win And now for the Semis Vamos
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote