Have a good flight home, Rafa! AO Thread. - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #91
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Open - R3 SIMON. Good Luck, Rafa :sad:

OK FedFan, you've taken it too far this time. Bye bye.

Hehee, that was a fun first set, wasn't it? 6 SPs saved!
Booh, Koubek and PHM are tiring each other out in the 5th. Good for baby Rafa. QF vs Roddick here we come!
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #92
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

what, have to face the powerful roddick in quarter final already, and not semin final
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
OK FedFan, you've taken it too far this time. Bye bye.

Hehee, that was a fun first set, wasn't it? 6 SPs saved!
Booh, Koubek and PHM are tiring each other out in the 5th. Good for baby Rafa. QF vs Roddick here we come!

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #93
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Yes Mimi, probably a quarterfinal vs Roddick. I don't see Andy losing earlier. And hopefully Rafa will beat PHM.
I am an open PHM fan though and I'm glad he pulled that marathon vs Koubek but Rafa should be too much for him. Especially a Rafa who hasn't dropped a set yet!

And semis probably Gasquet or Youzhny from the top quarter.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #94
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Presser:

Quote:
Rafael Nadal 18.01.08
Friday, 18 January, 2008

Q. Can you remember the last time you had to save six set points in the first set of a match?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. Match points, yes. Two weeks ago. You said points, too. Against Moya, maybe four. Similar.

Q. Did you just feel that you started very slowly today?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. I know normally I start very hard. And today, well, I really don't know. I start the match without very good tactic, I think, no?

I don't know exactly in English, but I start the match watching the rival, not worried about me, trying to do my game, trying to play aggressive with my forehand. So that's what I have to do, no, not watch in the other side what's going on, no?

I thought he start ‑‑ he will start a little bit more slowly. Well, with the ball not very high to his forehand, he will miss a little bit. But really he don't miss. He play forehand return winners, so...

Thank you David Ferrer, because he give me this tactic. He say me that before the match (laughter).

Q. Is the overriding emotion more relief to get through? Are you happy to have got through, given the start?

RAFAEL NADAL: Sure, is important win for me, no? Is important. In every tournament, you have to overcome difficult moments. I have one in the first day. Today another time. Is important, no, because you feel the pressure.

Is important play in difficult moments and is important have alternatives when the things are not doing very well.

Q. What's going through your head when you're down 5‑2 in a set?

RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing, no? I just try to play my game, no? I know I was not doing the things how I would like to do because I didn't play aggressive, I didn't have the control of the point.

And I know in some moment of the match I have to change. I have to try to start play my forehand, try to have the control of the point with my forehand, move Gilles. When I had that, when you do these things, the match change a lot, no?

Q. What do you do on your day off? Reading your blog, you used to play PlayStation with Ferrer.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, disappointing here we are in different hotels, so is not possible, no? Yes, practice in the morning a little bit here, and in the afternoon rest. Less than yesterday because I rest too much yesterday in the afternoon.

I don't know what's happening here in Australia, but I really ‑‑ I really don't know, but in the afternoon if I am in the room, I sleep two hours. I never sleep nothing but here. I don't know.

Q. Australian siesta.

RAFAEL NADAL: Australian siesta (laughter). In Mallorca is typical. Here I never do.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...644668926.html
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:24 PM   #95
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream View Post
Rafa Great recovery in that first set.

Andy :retard:

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #96
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, yana I should have known better than to get my hopes up and wish for something as unattainable as a quarterfinal showdown with Rafa. Now we'll get Rafa vs Not Andy. Boo.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:38 PM   #97
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer is giving Rafi bad advice.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:51 PM   #98
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Tangy,

GM is probably a place to avoid for a while until the dust settles. I'm not exactly a huge Roddick fan but the GM enjoyment of bashing him and laughing at him when he loses is over-the-top, as usual.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #99
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks, yana I should have known better than to get my hopes up and wish for something as unattainable as a quarterfinal showdown with Rafa. Now we'll get Rafa vs Not Andy. Boo.
Don't pencil Rafa in yet. He sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
Ferrer is giving Rafi bad advice.
That was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Tangy,

GM is probably a place to avoid for a while until the dust settles. I'm not exactly a huge Roddick fan but the GM enjoyment of bashing him and laughing at him when he loses is over-the-top, as usual.
I know. 17 pages on the match thread in about 50 minutes.

Maybe it'll be topped when Querrey beats Nole later
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:28 AM   #100
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

no, maria, now no roddick vs rafa, poor roddick
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
^^^ Yes Mimi, probably a quarterfinal vs Roddick. I don't see Andy losing earlier. And hopefully Rafa will beat PHM.
I am an open PHM fan though and I'm glad he pulled that marathon vs Koubek but Rafa should be too much for him. Especially a Rafa who hasn't dropped a set yet!

And semis probably Gasquet or Youzhny from the top quarter.

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:56 AM   #101
country flag MariaV

Quote:

Andy :retard:
Tangy!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #102
country flag MariaV

Default Re: Rafa def. Simon to reach AO 4th Round!

Rafa vs PHM the night match tomorrow, never in doubt. I hope he'll be fine with this. VAMOS!!!!!!

Rod Laver Arena 7.30 PM
1. Women's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Jelena Jankovic (SRB)[3] v. Casey Dellacqua (AUS)
2. Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)[23] v. Rafael Nadal (ESP)[2]
Old 01-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #103
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

@ Roger been taken to 5 sets by the world #49. Can you imagine the reaction on GM if that had happened to Rafa? But somehow it means that Federer is even more Godlike? WTFever.

Anyway, I hope the roof is open tomorrow but I think more rain is forecast. I suppose Rafa was due another night match, and it won't make that much difference if the roof is closed. Hope he can win

Last edited by l_mac : 01-19-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #104
country flag yana

yana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond reputeyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Hope he can win
Let's all pray

Rafael Feli Bandy
yana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #105
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yana View Post
Let's all pray