Have a good flight home, Rafa! AO Thread. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:35 AM   #61
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Que Serra Serra - Good Luck in AO 2nd Round, Rafa!!

Yes. Yes, he will bagel him.

And breaks the 1st game of the 2nd set.
l_mac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #62
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

So, what's the deal with this surface that has permitted so many bagels? I've never seen anything like it.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:02 AM   #63
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

l_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond reputel_mac has a reputation beyond repute

Broken!

What an embarrassment.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 AM   #64
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Broken!

What an embarrassment.
His first serve percentage has dipped. He'll need to watch that. Broke right back, Linda. All is well.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:12 AM   #65
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
His first serve percentage has dipped. He'll need to watch that. Broke right back, Linda. All is well.
Well, I wasn't worried Serra was making a comeback but, really, rafa shouldn't be dropping any points at all to this guy.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 AM   #66
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
Well, I wasn't worried Serra was making a comeback but, really, rafa shouldn't be dropping any points at all to this guy.
You don't have high expectations, do you?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 AM   #67
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, he started clowning around in that 2nd set, and thats the reason for the poor scoreline in the last 2 sets
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #68
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Man, this is boring. This must be what it's like to be a Fed fan in the early rounds of a Slam. Except more pleasing on the eye.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #69

Congrats to Rafa on his win You are right about it being more pleasing to the eye I was worried about Rafa's feet and then every time I see him play he has that white tape (or whatever it is) under his knees. So I remember he has also had knee problems As young as he still is he has had more health problems than I would like
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #70
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Congrats to Rafa on his win You are right about it being more pleasing to the eye I was worried about Rafa's feet and then every time I see him play he has that white tape (or whatever it is) under his knees. So I remember he has also had knee problems As young as he still is he has had more health problems than I would like

He doesn't have any health problems The feet have been the same since 05 and the knees are taped as a precaution. His movement was very, very good today.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:17 AM   #71
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Yo peeps!
That was an embarrassement indeed to lose 2 service games like this. Now TMF is still better with only 3 games conceded when Rafa could've only concede 2.
And I didn't like his serve at all. Any more decent player would've punished it even harder. And he was still standing too far behind the baseline, in 'Melbourne'.
The only good thing is he got it done in just 1 h 34.
Now do you think PHM has chances in the 4th round with Rafa playing like this?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #72
country flag veyonce

veyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond reputeveyonce has a reputation beyond repute

Rafael Nadal 16.01.08
Wednesday, 16 January, 2008

Q. Was it good to get a much easier match than your first round?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, different. I play, important thing I play much better. I play good, especially I started very good, the match, no? I played very high level in the first set, I think.

And, well, later I had some mistakes. But anyway, I'm happy about the match, happy about my improve after first round, and especially I improve a lot with my serve and with the forehand, too.

Q. Were you more aggressive? Were you a little bit more aggressive than the first round?

RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. Maybe the opponent was a little bit easier, so was a little bit more aggressive today. He tried to play aggressive all time, but he give me a little bit more rhythm than first round, no?

So I can come to the match, I can feel better the ball. And as I say before, I was practicing fine these last days, and today I start playing much better.

Q. Do you prefer the day matches to the evening matches?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, last year I have some night matches and it's tough, especially for the next day. Because if you play very long match in night session you can go to sleep 5:00, 6:00. Last year I was sleeping two times with the sun, so it's difficult later, no, be at 100 percent. For sure if it's possible I prefer play day session.

Q. What do you think of last night's incident with the pepper spray?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I really don't know nothing about that. Anyway, if something happened outside show outside diversion, it's very bad news for everything, no? I think this is only game and everybody have to know that, no?

We are good friends anyway. If I play against, I don't know, Ferrer, for example. It's only game. We can be rivals inside the court, but outside the court we are friends, no problem.

Q. How do you feel about this Slam down in Australia versus the others?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know, no? Every Grand Slam is special and every one is different, too, no? I don't know. I like this atmosphere here. The weather is fine. I like it. It's like a holiday atmosphere, no? It's different.

And, well, for me it's little bit too early in the calendar. Maybe for everybody it's better if we can start the season a little bit later. But it's fine to start the season hard like this.

Q. You think the Slam is too early in the calendar?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I think.

Q. You've been No. 2 for a long time now. Is it becoming frustrating that there's always the one man ahead of you?

RAFAEL NADAL: Why frustrating, no? 5,700 points or 800 points. Nothing frustrating, no? I'm very happy for be No. 2, and I will be love to be No. 2 for next hundred years.

So it's a very good position, especially with my point position. Anyway, if I have 2,500 and I am No. 2, it's very good to be No. 2, no? But I have more than 5,000, so I'm very happy to be here. Very happy about my last three seasons, and I will try my best for being in the top position this season, too.

Q. Were you aware, depending on your results and Roger's results, you could actually take over the No. 1 ranking after this tournament?

RAFAEL NADAL: It's really ‑‑ I really don't see now. I never ‑‑ well, I'm not watching in this way, no? I am watching and trying to play in front of me. I know Roger have 15 Grand Slams without losing before semifinals, something like this. I never won a Grand Slam outside of clay. I'd love to win any one of them.

If it's this year, better. Too many coincidences for me. I only try to play my best tennis and worry about me, and, well, try to go as far as possible. Well, I am fine right now win this tournament and don't be No. 1, for sure. I really don't know about this No. 1.

Q. Did you see any of Roger last night?

RAFAEL NADAL: I saw last four games in the match.

Q. Did you get much of an impression on how he looked?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, the result says a lot (laughter.) But, well, I can't say too much, because in the last four games or three games when you are winning 6‑0, 6‑3, 6‑0, it's tough to say anything, no?

I saw him with confidence, touching very good the ball, and playing very well, no? Not much different than always (laughter.)

Q. You've been the subject of some doping rumors at some point. So you know how difficult it is to have that around you. What is your opinion of how long it's taking to finish the investigation in the gambling case at Sopot? Is it taking too long, do you think? Is it unfair to the players.

RAFAEL NADAL: Is another one or from past time?

Q. Before, in the past, yeah.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, about the doping, a newspaper from France say something. I don't want to say nothing because I say it a lot of times. But from the rest of things, I think the ATP is behind that. I really don't know nothing about fixing matches, because I am on tour and I see every day and every week everybody fighting 100 percent.

The true is I don't remember no one match when I win without the other fight. That's my opinion. I think everything is finished right now, no? And, well, I don't know if they delayed a little bit the investigation from Sopot, but I am with Davydenko, if is the case. I believe in him, no?

Q. Do you think the investigation is taking too long, or it's fine?

RAFAEL NADAL: This kind of thing is not ‑‑ it's never easy, no? So it's just tough say something and take any position. We'll see what's going on in the next months. But, anyway, I'm sure about the ATP is everything is under control.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...466338473.html

Djokovic after his Madrid 2009 Semi with Rafa: “Next time I’ll probably take two rackets on the match point and try to hit with both of them. It’s frustrating that when you play so well you can’t win.”
veyonce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #73
country flag cc2monac

cc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond reputecc2monac has a reputation beyond repute

what a great match from rafa! so much better than thie other one! congrats rafa!!! good luck for next round!

sergei fedorov sasha cohen sheva rafa nadal

kimi raikkonen...F1 world champion 2007

I LOVE KEVIN SPACEY

My heart belongs to Romania
cc2monac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM   #74
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No nonsense for Nadal
Wednesday, 16 January, 2008
By Adam Lucius

No. 2 seed Rafael Nadal has made short work of his second round encounter with Florent Serra, easing past the Frenchman 6-0 6-2 6-2 on Rod Laver Arena.

The Spaniard hardly worked up a sweat, dropping just four games and producing 39 winners to completely overwhelm Serra.

The match lasted just 94 minutes, Nadal claiming victory with his ninth ace.

Nadal started the match in imposing fashion, breaking Serra in the opening game and denying him any opportunity to find a way back.

The three-time French Open winner is now on course for a third round meeting with either Rainer Schuettler or Gilles Simon.

Nadal's best performance at an Australian Open is a quarter-final placing in 2007.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...455840143.html

Simon next, he beat Schuettler 6-2 6-2 6-1.
VAMOS!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #75
country flag l_mac
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC

I mentioned earlier that Rafa is blogging again for a Spanish newspaper. One of the girls at vamosbrigade is translating into English for them.

I'll post the links to her translations here, and if you're not a member of vb maybe I can PM you them.

Day one blog http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/viewt...=525245#525245 and Q&A http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/viewt...=525425#525425

Day 2 blog http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/viewt...=526023#526023 and Q&A http://vamosbrigade.com/phpBB2/viewt...=526214#526214