The Obama Reaction Overseas - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #16
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Obama Reaction Overseas

To be honest we don't care so much here in England. As Escude says - whoever gets in has got to be better than Bush - but it hardly warranted more than a couple of lines in my newspaper this morning The US elections seem to be interminable - no one here will show any interest until much nearer the time. As for his colour - totally irrelevant to us to be honest. The UK is pretty multi-cultural, and in our eyes what matters is a person's ability to do the job, not their colour. We have many MPs from ethnic minorities and of all colours, and had a female Prime Minister almost 30 years ago To us, the issue is if he is the best person for the job (or not) - his colour should not come into it in our eyes at all. I'm just personally a little surprised that in a country with a large African/American population, it has taken so long for a black candidate to emerge

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 AM   #17
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

It's getting a lot of coverage in my newspaper (De Morgen).

Today, we get a picture of Obama's family on the front page and further info on pages 2, 19, 22 and 26 including two pages on Barack Obama's "dream team", a press review of the major US newspapers, an analysis on why Clinton did not do that well in Iowa,...

If you go on the website of De Morgen, they've included a link to a youtube video of Obama Girl.
http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/2001/Ra...dan-ooit.dhtml
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
country flag Adler

Adler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond reputeAdler has a reputation beyond repute

This guy said he will consult with the president of Canada. And he's supposed to be smarter than Bush! O tempora, o mores!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #19
country flag The Pro

The Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Pro has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be happy with Obama or Clinton.

All Republicans claim to be mild to lure the swing voters. I remember Bush did the same. Once he was in he started with all the religious-backed BS. Opposing stem cell research, backing the death penalty, refusing to protect homosexual...

The USA needs a Democrat. Enough is enough.
The Pro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #20
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is a muppet.
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #21
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Lady View Post
I'm just personally a little surprised that in a country with a large African/American population, it has taken so long for a black candidate to emerge
There have been many black candidates: Rev. Al Sharpton, Carol Mosely Braun, Cynthia McKinney, and Alan Keyes, with the last 2 running now, but none of them have ever been taken seriously.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #22
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really expect anyone to take someone like Al Sharpton seriously??

I was talking with my friend, and he is Black and from New York and he claims that Obama doesn't act Black!!! I told that he was being pathetic if he expects every Black man to act Gangsta. I just hope this isn't an attitude many Black Americans have because that's just the opposite of progress.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #23
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adam View Post
Do you really expect anyone to take someone like Al Sharpton seriously??

I was talking with my friend, and he is Black and from New York and he claims that Obama doesn't act Black!!! I told that he was being pathetic if he expects every Black man to act Gangsta. I just hope this isn't an attitude many Black Americans have because that's just the opposite of progress.
As a black person who has been accused of not acting black or talking white numerous times before, that really offends me. Being black is not a way of life or a lifestyle; it is the color of your skin, period. Just because I have more melanin in my skin, I should just give up now and prostitute myself for crack? No. I am an intelligent young woman and try to be well-informed of the things going on in this world.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #24
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgirltennis View Post
As a black person who has been accused of not acting black or talking white numerous times before, that really offends me. Being black is not a way of life or a lifestyle; it is the color of your skin, period. Just because I have more melanin in my skin, I should just give up now and prostitute myself for crack? No. I am an intelligent young woman and try to be well-informed of the things going on in this world.
Thank you Way to go babe! I really hate it when people actually do their best to live up to negative stereotypes.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:21 PM   #25
country flag mtw

mtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond reputemtw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
I'd say from what i hear in my country - no one even knows or cares who he is... as long as Bush's term is coming to an end, he has made America a laughing stock to the rest of the world ... that someone that stupid and incompetant could have served as President (we all know the vote was rigged way back anyway) , and anyone, whoever wins, will be an improvement i guess.

i just laugh at America and what it has become - Bush, Abu Ghraib, Cheney, Rumsfeld

celebs like Hilton, Spears and Lohan who are famous for being total and utter losers.

Cribs, Jessica Simpson, gangsta rap

fake, annoying, obnoxious

anyway, as for whoever is the next president - could be Mickey Mouse and that would be an improvement, but whoever it is .. i dont care if he's black or a She.
Barack Obama is very good candeidate. He will be good president of USA. American society and world need good American president, not the next rightists fanatic-alcoholic. He is not Bush. Bush made of USA total laughing stock. He is real clown and very dangerous. He murdered million of people, destroyed occupied by USA countries, he made there real sh.t and his hypocrisy reachs a sky, he ruined own economy ( dollar is practically very weak currency, recesion and inflation will come - they have 5 % unemployments, but it will be worse and worse, besides 5 % unemployment in country, who has 300 mln of people - it is 15 mln of people, such massive number, it is >30 % of Polish population. There are 15 mln people, who are unemployed in USA and it will be worse and worse). Such people as Bush and Bushalike should be treated by psychiatrists. But these people wanted it. They choose alcoholic for president ( for 8 years !! )
mtw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #26
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

In referance to Obama's skin color, I think his mother was of European ethnicity (white) and his father African (Nigeria?) Anyway, he has as much white ancestors as black yet he is catagorized as black . I would guess that many people counted as African American -or white for that matter-have a similar mix. I hope someday we will be done with "sorting" people by skin color and it will be as meaningless as hair color. Obama represents all that is right about the US and hopefully his success will bring us all closer to a colorblind world.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #27
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030 View Post
In referance to Obama's skin color, I think his mother was of European ethnicity (white) and his father African (Nigeria?)
I think he's from Kenya.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #28
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG View Post
I think he's from Kenya.
Thanks

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #29
country flag ~*BGT*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030 View Post
In referance to Obama's skin color, I think his mother was of European ethnicity (white) and his father African (Nigeria?) Anyway, he has as much white ancestors as black yet he is catagorized as black . I would guess that many people counted as African American -or white for that matter-have a similar mix. I hope someday we will be done with "sorting" people by skin color and it will be as meaningless as hair color. Obama represents all that is right about the US and hopefully his success will bring us all closer to a colorblind world.
In the US, being 1/12 black is equal to being 100% black.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #30
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgirltennis View Post
In the US, being 1/12 black is equal to being 100% black.

That's just completlely absurd.

FERNANDO GONZALEZ