Adam Feeney - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #46
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adam Feeney

Good effort by Feeney to get into the Quarters of the Yuba City Challenger after having to go through qualifying. His next match will be near impossible for him against Russell but nonetheless it has been a great week for him.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #47
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Feeney is a nice bloke. Good to see him make a nice run. I haven't heard anything about him for a very long time.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:52 AM   #48
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

Does Adam still play does anyone know?
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #49
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

oh sigh
Old 01-02-2010, 01:52 AM   #50
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

This is an article he wrote for The Tennis Tribe

He's been out of action with an elbow injury for quite a while and is on the recovery trail

http://www.thetennistribe.com/articl...ay-from-tennis

Quote:
Adam Feeney: Nothing can keep me away from tennis
December 30, 2009, 2:02am
By Adam Feeney

In February 2009 I began to feel some discomfort in my right elbow when I served. I didn’t think much of it initially. I have previously had issues with my ulna nerve in my elbow and had been told it couldn't get any worse. So I was told!!

Unfortunately, it did get progressively worse and by June, when I was in America playing Futures and Challenger tournaments, and my elbow hurt on everything apart from backhands. I had to take anti inflammatory medication before every match just to get through. After seeing a few physiotherapists over there, I realised that I had to come home and get it sorted out once and for all.

Back in Australia I saw Dr Kuah, a Sports Doctor at the NSW Institute of Sport where I was diagnosed with “medial epicondylitis”, commonly known as Golfer's Elbow.

I bet you’re thinking "hang on you play tennis, don't you mean tennis elbow?" As I discovered, Tennis Elbow is tendonitis of the outside of the elbow, whereas Golfer's Elbow is the inside of the elbow.

At my first appointment I was given a cortisone injection and within 3 weeks and with a bit of rehab I was back on court. Unfortunately this was short lived as after three weeks of training the pain was back again.

My Doctor asked if I would consider a relatively new treatment called PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). I suppose I had nothing to lose!

PRP is a procedure which saw them draw out some of my blood, put it in a centrifuge and spin it round until the platelets separate. From there, they inject the platelet rich plasam back into the injury site.

I needed this treatment on two occasions, with 6 weeks in between sessions and was given a very basic rehab program by my physiotherapist, Kingsley Gibson. Gradually I was able to get back into the gym and started doing some upper body weights. After the 2nd PRP Treatment the rehab began to become more tennis specific and stressful on my forearm to prepare it to be able to handle lots of repetition so I could hit plenty of tennis balls again.

Throughout my rehabilitation I have been receiving physiotherapy and acupuncture therapy to get my forearm loose. On alternative weeks, I also receive a deep tissue massage for my whole body from my massage therapist Ian McCoy.

During my recovery I have been doing weight training on my legs as well as endurance and sprint training in order to maintain my strength and fitness. My coach, Janine Thompson thought why not come back out on court and start hitting left handed and doing court sprints with her. So, this began my left handed career for the next 10 weeks!

I thought hitting left handed could be fun and challenging but what I didn't know was that Janine wanted me to use a wooden racquet to make it even harder! Looking back at that experience I feel it has kept my eye in and allowed me to keep using tennis movement patterns. Of course, playing left handed against my mates has also kept the competitive fire burning!

Janine asked me to help out at Parramatta Tennis complex with a few local squads. During this time I did some tennis specific fitness exercises with one of her players, Natasha Fragos, who is a very talented young junior girl. As well as the fitness, I was also going to tournaments to do match analysis for another one of her up and coming players, Brooke Taylor. This experience has been really enlightening as I have never really seen the game from an outside perspective. Without doubt I was able to take a few things away from the sessions myself and I have hopefully passed on some good lessons to the girls as well.

From working with these players and spending time at their tournaments it's been great to see that there is plenty of up and coming talent in NSW. In January I will again be assisting Janine with the junior country Fed Cup teams who are competing in Sydney. I feel privileged that the knowledge I have gained from my years on the tour can be passed on to the younger kids coming through. Without doubt the biggest lesson I have learned in my career that life as a tennis professional is not just about money and glory, it's also (more importantly) about hard work and lots of sacrifice.

Until now, the longest period of time I have been home in a single visit over the past 7 years has been around 3 weeks. So, 6 months out of tennis I thought I would go insane. In reality though it has gone rather quickly. My time off has meant that I have been able to do a few things that I usually wouldn’t because I'm travelling so much.

I went to the snow for three days, something I hadn't done since I was 15, which was really good fun. I have also been able to spend a lot more time with my girlfriend Nikita, catch up with more of my family on the Central Coast, play with my little nephew, and hang out with some good mates. This lifestyle has made being injured and not being on the tour seem not too bad.

But in saying that, I have been jumping out of my skin to get back on tour and playing again, especially now as the Australian summer is about to start.

I started hitting right handed 3 weeks ago (with a little sadness from my lefty coach who thought I had a promising left handed career!). These sessions were only 20 minutes every 2nd day with a ratio of 3 backhands to 1 forehand. I am now up to over 30 minutes every second day, but with an even ratio of backhands to forehands. I still haven't served yet as this comes when I progress to an hour of hitting. So far, all has been well and I haven't felt any pain which is great. Having to ice after every session does get a bit tedious at times though!

I'm aiming to be back playing tournaments hopefully by the middle of February at the grass court Futures events around Australia. Once I get back I will be happy to get a full season in 2010 where my goal is to get my ranking up to 250. This should then set me up for a big year in 2011!
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #51
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Adam's progressed into the semis of a 15k Futures Tournament in Korea.

R1: Feeney def (8) Soong-Jae Cho (KOR)(491) 64 62
R2: Feeney def Daniel Yoo (KOR) (626) 75 61
QF: Feeney def Jae-Sung An (KOR) (632) 57 64 63
SF: Feeney vs (5) Milos Raonic (CAN) (408)

Best result yet since he launched his comeback
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #52
country flag jmf07

Bump.

Adam is into the semis of the AO Playoff. Great performance from him. Matosevic up next.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:30 AM   #53
country flag Consigliere

Consigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond reputeConsigliere has a reputation beyond repute

deserves a bump for his doubles 3rd round at the ao.
Consigliere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #54
country flag Crow_Boy
Banned!

Crow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond reputeCrow_Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Its interesting about the semi final result he got in Korea last year. He played Raonic from Canada and he won the first set then lost 0 and 2. Now today Raonic is playing for a spot in the quarters of the Aus Open quite amazing.
Crow_Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #55
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know if he still playing he was a very handy player.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #56
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Feeney had another injury earlier this year but then played in doubles with Ebelthite in some Futures tournaments in Europe. He had to withdraw from a Futures tournie in Italy with another injury but is now back training. He was in London last week and was hitting with Mitchell and Jonesie in Sutton.
Hopefully back on the tour soon...
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #57
country flag Redline

Redline is on a distinguished road

Obviously he had a bit of luck today in round 2 but even so he will pick up some good points to lift his ranking. Best of luck tomorrow.
Redline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #58
country flag scotthongkong

scotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond reputescotthongkong has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Adam play and defeat Karol Beck (ranked 101 in the world with career earnings in excess of 1.7 million). No words really. Adam was awesome and injured calf to boot. Great work and fantastic tennis too.
scotthongkong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #59
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

he plays AO with WC in qualies?
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 AM   #60
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Burnie QR1: Feeney Def Cox 7-6(2) 6-2
Burnie QR2: Feeney Def Sitak 7-5 6-0
Burnie FQR: Feeney Def Propoggia 6-2 3-6 6-3

Great work him to qualify. Good luck in the main draw.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote