PAW board - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #31
country flag TankingTheSet

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAW board

I think Netin! is pretty stupid, but I don't think the Costo da Sauipe edit was malicious. I think the original post with the pick was edited within a minute after it was posted (so it doesn't show as edited), long before the matches started, and then he posted another message saying he edited the message, and three hours later he edited that message. So in this case he didn't cheat, but he did make himself look stupid and suspect.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
TankingTheSet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #32
country flag Netin!

Netin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond reputeNetin! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankingTheSet View Post
I think Netin! is pretty stupid, but I don't think the Costo da Sauipe edit was malicious. I think the original post with the pick was edited within a minute after it was posted (so it doesn't show as edited), long before the matches started, and then he posted another message saying he edited the message, and three hours later he edited that message. So in this case he didn't cheat, but he did make himself look stupid and suspect.
I am very stupid... I agree with you
I will go more atencious

Tennis Tipping 2014:
Singles: SF - Tianjin CH - Marburg CH QF - Portoroz CH
Doubles: W - Kaoshiung CH(w/juakos17) - Tianjin CH(w/RafaCaliente) SF - Portoroz CH(w/Chris.) - Ostrava CH(w/gcgoncalvces) - Busan CH(w/Enjoy Incubus)
Netin! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #33
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

I still hope Sheva or someonelse will win the tournament.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #34
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... and then he posted another message saying he edited the message ...
How do you know? Have you got a copy of the oryginal post before it was changed?
If not there is nothing to talk about, and it's rather pointless to speculate what could have been written in the original post.

http://www.powerplaymanager.com/
robuś is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:25 PM   #35
country flag greatkingrat

greatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond reputegreatkingrat has a reputation beyond repute

As Netin seems unable to follow simple rules I now think he should be given a ban from PAW. Maybe he can have some time to read the rules while he is banned.
greatkingrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #36
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

To paw board members,

I am currently managing PAW Estoril and it has come to my attention this evening that there appears (in my opinion) to be blatant copying of one players' PAW picks by another player. If you check through the PAW Estoril thread, you will see that VaiBrasil has so far made 10 PAW picks. One other player with the nickname 'canas' has seemingly copied every one of VaiBrasil's PAWs shortly after they have been posted. The text contained in the posts by canas is also identical which infers that he/she is simply copying and pasting VaiBrasils PAW picks.

As it stands at the moment, both players have obviously scored identical points and if this copying continues, then both players could be tied for position at the end of the tournament. I would appreciate the opinions of the paw board members in this matter.

Thanks
sdtoot
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #37

TankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond reputeTankingTheSet has a reputation beyond repute

It's clearly unethical behaviour that should not be condoned. But I think there's nothing specific in the rules about this issue. So I'm not sure what should be the correct way to act, either (1) a big warning, (2) a disqualification for this tournament, or (3) a ban.

TT Singles 2012: W: Winston-Salem SF: Honolulu CH, Rotterdam, Memphis, 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Beijing, Vienna QF: Barcelona, Nice, Bastad, Petange CH, Bangkok R16: Monte Carlo, Madrid
TT Doubles 2012: W: Caloundra CH (with kingroger), Acapulco (with keqtqiadv) F: Beijing (with KittyTennis) SF: Sydney (with Belludal), Memphis (with Belludal), Guadalajara CH (with kingroger), Wimbledon (with RHB1993) QF: Barcelona (with extremaduratenis), Cincinnati (with stbanchile)
Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #38
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on, this is getting ridiculous

This guy copied my first 10 picks in Estoril. Because of that I had to make a pick when he wasn't online just not to finish tied with the same picks

Now the Monte Carlo Masters will begin and the guy already copied my first pick, with the same type of letter than I write.

It's pretty clear he is copying me, please give a permanent ban to this cheater, otherwise he will keep doing it (with me or other players) and ruin PAW.

Here's a little resume of this shameless situation: (Brasil time)

ESTORIL

4-12, 9:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaiBrasil View Post
PAW01: Gil d. Mahut
PAW02: Elias d. Berrer
PAW03: Machado d. Karlovic
PAW04: Melzer d. Davydenko
4-13, 2:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canas View Post
PAW01: Gil d. Mahut
PAW02: Elias d. Berrer
PAW03: Machado d. Karlovic
PAW04: Melzer d. Davydenko
4-14, 3:46 PM
Quote:
PAW05: Sousa d. Marach
PAW06: Naso d. Serra
4-14, 6:58 PM
Quote:
PAW05: Sousa d. Marach
PAW06: Naso d. Serra
4-15, 4:14 PM
Quote:
PAW07: Machado d. Serra
PAW08: Vanek d. Berrer
PAW09: Sousa d. Gil
4-15, 4:58 PM
Quote:
PAW07: Machado d. Serra
PAW08: Vanek d. Berrer
PAW09: Sousa d. Gil
4-15, 7:50 PM
Quote:
PAW10: Gabashvili d. Gremelmayr
4-15, 8:20 PM
Quote:
PAW10: Gabashvili d. Gremelmayr
4-16, 6:57 AM - finally uncopied
Quote:
PAW11: Gicquel d. Ascione
4-16, 10:06 AM - look at the letter font; in the previous 10 picks he posted exactly like me, and now that he wasn't able to copy my PAW11 he changed the way of typing
Quote:
paw11: Minar over Davydenko
After that, he had to make different picks from mine, and in all of them he wrote in another style than the one I do, the style that he copied troughout 10 picks!

Well, I thought this would be over now but noooooo

MONTE CARLO

Today (4-19), 3:06 PM
Quote:
PAW01: Soderling d. Stepanek
Today (4-19), 5:24 PM
Quote:
PAW01: Soderling d. Stepanek
Amazing He suddenly started to write exactly like me

Seriously, this guy shouldn't be allowed to play PAW again. I'm saying this as someone who really like this game.
Caio_Brasil is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #39
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond repute

Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:56 PM   #40
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I mean yes you are going to get some people waiting for your selections and I know some of my picks have been bandwgoned.

This is just a joke what has happened to Vai Brasil. I have never had that happen, where every single selection was copied word for word.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #41

I agree, this is ridiculous. I've sent robus a PM to see what he thinks, a decision should be made soon.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #42
country flag robuś

robuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond reputerobuś has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think there's nothing specific in the rules about this issue.
That's right we haven't had such a case before.
And this isn't so easy as it looks. Theoretically canas could have wanted to post the same picks as Caio. I know it looks differently in this case and probably is. There are always clever ways to get rid of such an intruder by the harmed one, e.g.:
- posting a pick just a few minutes before the match
- posting a "deceiving" pick and changing it later
Of course I know it doesn't solve the problem.
Therefore it is necessary to add appropriate rules.

10.3. Don't copy pick(s) from another player(s)!
If the manager recognizes, that Your picks were copied from another player, You will get warning, if Your picks are still "suspicious" You will be disqualified from the current tournament, in case of another attempts of cheating You will be banned.

What do you think?
Has canas got any warning yet?

Last edited by robuś : 04-20-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #43
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I only became aware that he seemed to be copying VaiBrasils picks after PAW10. I then immediately PM'd VaiBrasil to ask had he noticed and he had already sent a PM to canas asking why he was copying his picks. Strangely after PAW10 he suddenly changed his writing style and as manager I made a reference to this change of writing style on the PAW Estoril thread (just to let him know he was being watched).

At this moment in time, canas is currently in 5th position at PAW Estoril and he has been given no warning about his actions. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw his first pick at PAW Monte Carlo (identical to VaiBrasils only pick).

Please let me know as soon as possible what action I should take against canas for PAW Estoril.

Thanks
sdtoot
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #44
country flag robuś

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...44#post6910744

thank you sdtoot

Old 05-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #45
country flag robuś

Can someone do the commitments for June please?