The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #121
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
Yeah, if we're pissed then he's more pissed then all of us combined and then some. It must be so frustrating for him. Today is a new day for me though so I'll try to be more positive. Who knows? This could be a small obstacle on his way to his first Slam. Ok....So maybe I'm way to positive but this ain't over until he says he won't play!
Now I'm off to the library, I have a fun day ahead of me of books, books and some more books.
I'm trying too.

although this lack of news is quite upsetting.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #122
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
I'm trying too.

although this lack of news is quite upsetting.
I don't know...If something really serious had come out of his scan he would have withdrawn already. Let's just hope that rest is really all he needs.
And girls, did you find a copy of Deuce at the bookstore?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #123
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

AO Radio, while announcing the draw, someone just said that Nalbandian is getting ready to play.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #124
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I heard that.

They've done the seedings and the draw sucks. I was really really hoping that he would not get Ferrer in the 4th round. Also, Djokovic in the same quarter, Federer in the same half.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #125
country flag justClaudia

you know, I would agree with you, normally I would.
But like someone said (stebs, on GM) you should beat the best players out there in order to win a slam. A player should be tested, and if he is up to the challenge & is actually playing good, he'll end up winning. after all, isn't this what real competition is all about?

so, if David actually goes out there to play next week & is in shape, of course, then this is his test & if he is on ...I believe he is up to it. I really do.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #126
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
AO Radio, while announcing the draw, someone just said that Nalbandian is getting ready to play.
To me, "getting ready to play" does not necessarily mean that he will. He's still under the three-day window to rest and test things...so we still don't know.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #127
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Yeah, I heard that.

They've done the seedings and the draw sucks. I was really really hoping that he would not get Ferrer in the 4th round. Also, Djokovic in the same quarter, Federer in the same half.
In a GS, there is no such thing as an easy draw. Like Claudia said, he has to beat the best there is in order to claim that elusive slam. We know he can do it, but he has to play the matches and earn the victories-no matter whom he plays.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:28 AM   #128
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
In a GS, there is no such thing as an easy draw. Like Claudia said, he has to beat the best there is in order to claim that elusive slam. We know he can do it, but he has to play the matches and earn the victories-no matter whom he plays.
Well said Tiff.
Although looking at the draw in full, things could've shaped up just a bit better for David.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #129
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
Well said Tiff.
Although looking at the draw in full, things could've shaped up just a bit better for David.
True...however, like the saying goes, you have to play the cards you're dealt.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #130
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Just commenting on the draw in comparison to the chances of it happening, I just didn't want Ferrer again, don't mind the rest. You'd expect to draw difficult players after that anyway. The having to play the best is not really true at least in terms of how far you can get, just something that sounds good, but obviously you can't avoid them all which is not what I wanted anyway.

There will be weaker sections of the draw and some more difficult but it doesn't really matter in the end over a long period of time because it all balances out and everyone gets good and bad draws sometimes. Although David maybe doesn't need good draws as much as some of the others considering that he beat all the very best players in winning Madrid and Paris.

Last edited by krystlel : 01-11-2008 at 12:41 AM.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #131
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Just commenting on the draw in comparison to what could've happened, I just didn't want Ferrer again, don't mind the rest. You'd expect to draw difficult players after that anyway. The having to play the best is not really true at least in terms of how far you can get, just something that sounds good, but obviously you can't avoid them all.

There will be weaker sections of the draw and some more difficult but it doesn't really matter in the end over a long period of time because it all balances out and everyone gets good and bad draws sometimes. Although David maybe doesn't need good draws as much as some of the others considering that he beat all the very best players in winning Madrid and Paris.
True. His confidence must be sky high after his end to the season, but his back injury and lack of match practice in Melbourne raises alot of doubts. Even if he does play he won't be at 100% which is frustrating.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 AM   #132
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
To me, "getting ready to play" does not necessarily mean that he will. He's still under the three-day window to rest and test things...so we still don't know.
but after a day with no news on his supposed recovery at all this certainly made me a tad bit happier.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #133
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
True. His confidence must be sky high after his end to the season, but his back injury and lack of match practice in Melbourne raises alot of doubts. Even if he does play he won't be at 100% which is frustrating.

very frustrating.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:01 AM   #134
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Nalle will be fine and ready to go.

He is not Söderling, who can't be bothered, cause he hates the heat.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #135
country flag my0118

my0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond reputemy0118 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report George.
I hope he goes much further than last year.