The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #811
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Bah humbug, I hate Xmas.

Viken, how are the studies going_

Krystel, Melbourne is developed enough to have internet cafes where you can write reports from the AO. I won't be doing them, but that's for personal reasons.
That's a shame. Your reports are usually really interesting.

I figured that there should be internet cafes, but wasn't sure how much they'd cost. I just did a quick search on the internet for some typical internet cafes and the cost isn't too bad so I guess that problem got solved quickly.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #812
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Well I will do them, but I have to be aware of stuff getting pinched without being asked you see.

Anyway, it would be good to meet up with you in Melbourne.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #813
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
I think it's funny that it looks like a wooden log.

I'm also going back January 5th, incidentally when the tennis starts.

Are you looking at getting an internship at any country in particular?
Yeah it's quiet funny to see

Well I don't have a country in particular because it's not easy to find an internship so as long as I have one, whatever country will do the job !

Quote:
Viken, how are the studies going_

Krystel, Melbourne is developed enough to have internet cafes where you can write reports from the AO. I won't be doing them, but that's for personal reasons.
Thanks for asking. My studies are - as I was hoping for - very interesting but also very hard. In my class there are people from everywhere (Mexico, Vietnam, Argentina, Russia, Roumania...) so I have the chance to be open to different culture and this is something really interesting

I see you will both go to the Australian Open, that's great ! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun there I think it is one of the best GS because all players are at their best after taking a rest !
Old 12-28-2008, 02:53 AM   #814
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I will do them, but I have to be aware of stuff getting pinched without being asked you see.

Anyway, it would be good to meet up with you in Melbourne.
Fair enough. I can see how you would be wary of things like that. Annoyingly it's virtually impossible to tell when someone copies your work because it could be anywhere on the internet.

I once found out that someone posted all of my wallpapers, all 30 of them or so on a forum (far later after it happened) and claimed it as their own with no link back to the website. People even requested him/her to make new specific ones for them, and they just took all of the compliments and credit for it. And came back to post new updated wallpapers whenever I made a new one.

But personally for me, I don't mind people posting my articles as long as they acknowledge where it's from (well obviously I encourage it given how many times I duplicate it).

Which days are you attending in Melbourne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Well I don't have a country in particular because it's not easy to find an internship so as long as I have one, whatever country will do the job !

Thanks for asking. My studies are - as I was hoping for - very interesting but also very hard. In my class there are people from everywhere (Mexico, Vietnam, Argentina, Russia, Roumania...) so I have the chance to be open to different culture and this is something really interesting

I see you will both go to the Australian Open, that's great ! I'm sure you will have a lot of fun there I think it is one of the best GS because all players are at their best after taking a rest !
Or either they could be very rusty... nah, I don't think it makes a noticeable difference.

I like your attitude - "whatever country will do the job". Nice enthusiasm.

Last edited by krystlel : 12-28-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #815
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fair enough. I can see how you would be wary of things like that. Annoyingly it's virtually impossible to tell when someone copies your work because it could be anywhere on the internet.

I once found out that someone posted all of my wallpapers, all 30 of them or so on a forum (far later after it happened) and claimed it as their own with no link back to the website. People even requested him/her to make new specific ones for them, and they just took all of the compliments and credit for it. And came back to post new updated wallpapers whenever I made a new one.

But personally for me, I don't mind people posting my articles as long as they acknowledge where it's from (well obviously I encourage it given how many times I duplicate it).
I agree, it happened to me a few times when I was doing fansub (anime), it's not really fun to see your work copied and used and then the other guy take all the credits.

Quote:
Or either they could be very rusty... nah, I don't think it makes a noticeable difference.

I like your attitude - "whatever country will do the job". Nice enthusiasm.
You think they are rusty ? Anyway AO is the best GS for me I will change my mind the day david win a slam other than the AO

Concerning my enthusiasm, sure it's funny but it's better to take things in a positive way when it's not an easy task
Old 12-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #816
country flag krystlel

Quote:
I agree, it happened to me a few times when I was doing fansub (anime), it's not really fun to see your work copied and used and then the other guy take all the credits.

You think they are rusty ? Anyway AO is the best GS for me I will change my mind the day david win a slam other than the AO

Concerning my enthusiasm, sure it's funny but it's better to take things in a positive way when it's not an easy task
I was just looking up to see what fansub is. I didn't realize that there was a such a thing, putting subtitles and translating anime into other languages (to mostly English, I would assume). I would have thought that would be something that would already be available officially most of the time. I imagine that something like that would very easily be taken all of the time.

Your enthusiasm is definitely a good thing. Better to take a new and unknown experience as something to look forward to, rather than be fearful of. Not that we in general, can just manipulate our thoughts like that and somehow turn everything into a positive.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #817
country flag Viken01

Quote:
I was just looking up to see what fansub is. I didn't realize that there was a such a thing, putting subtitles and translating anime into other languages (to mostly English, I would assume). I would have thought that would be something that would already be available officially most of the time. I imagine that something like that would very easily be taken all of the time.

Your enthusiasm is definitely a good thing. Better to take a new and unknown experience as something to look forward to, rather than be fearful of. Not that we in general, can just manipulate our thoughts like that and somehow turn everything into a positive.
Oh it piss me off, I wrote a long post about fansub but I lost it !
I was just saying there that translation is officially done but quiet slowly because of business, which make companies to take their time before buying an anime licence.

But it takes quiet a long time to make fansub so I stopped doing that 4 hours to time an episode of 20 minutes, the result is great but you must have a lot of free time...

Sure, an unknown experience is in general fearful so I like to "take it easy" like our friend Mika sings. But even if as you say we often do it intentionally by manipulating our thoughts, it's natural and I think it's more effective than going into it as it was already lost
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #818
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Oh it piss me off, I wrote a long post about fansub but I lost it !
I was just saying there that translation is officially done but quiet slowly because of business, which make companies to take their time before buying an anime licence.

But it takes quiet a long time to make fansub so I stopped doing that 4 hours to time an episode of 20 minutes, the result is great but you must have a lot of free time...

Sure, an unknown experience is in general fearful so I like to "take it easy" like our friend Mika sings. But even if as you say we often do it intentionally by manipulating our thoughts, it's natural and I think it's more effective than going into it as it was already lost
That's very annoying. I've started copying and pasting any relatively long posts I make, in case it doesn't work. Because MTF gets a lot of errors like that.

Thanks for the explanation of the official translation process. I'm not surprised that doing it yourself takes such a long time. Even though things like that can be done bit by bit each day, I always have a tendency to want to finish it all off that day, or not at all. Like I'll have this massive urge to want to finish it, and drop other things in the process. So in the end, I'd rather not start it.

I'm sure it'll be a good experience for you, if you already enjoy different cultures and that sort of thing, which you do seem to.

Thanks for reviving the chat thread, by the way.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 AM   #819
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good attitude and hope you can experience some other places. As for the AO, well if it was played on clay then it would be almost perfect.

Quote:

Which days are you attending in Melbourne?
Normally I wouldn't be that worried, but for some reason it's better for me to be more alert about it. At the same time I tend to have a fairly distinctivs style and it wouldn't be hard for me to find whether stuff has been used or not, without proper acknowledgment.

I will be there for the first week.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-30-2008, 12:25 AM   #820
country flag Viken01

Quote:
That's very annoying. I've started copying and pasting any relatively long posts I make, in case it doesn't work. Because MTF gets a lot of errors like that.

Thanks for the explanation of the official translation process. I'm not surprised that doing it yourself takes such a long time. Even though things like that can be done bit by bit each day, I always have a tendency to want to finish it all off that day, or not at all. Like I'll have this massive urge to want to finish it, and drop other things in the process. So in the end, I'd rather not start it.

I'm sure it'll be a good experience for you, if you already enjoy different cultures and that sort of thing, which you do seem to.

Thanks for reviving the chat thread, by the way.
Oh you are welcome for the chat thread, I found it sad when I saw the thread was inactive since few time. Let's enjoy the holydays ... while we can

So that's how you work ? I must admit it is an effective way to do things.
Mine is not really good, you could compare it to a microprocessor : I do 100 different things at the same time and allocate time to each one
Old 12-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #821
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Oh you are welcome for the chat thread, I found it sad when I saw the thread was inactive since few time. Let's enjoy the holydays ... while we can

So that's how you work ? I must admit it is an effective way to do things.
Mine is not really good, you could compare it to a microprocessor : I do 100 different things at the same time and allocate time to each one
Oh I also like to do many things at once, most of the time. I think a lot of people multi-task much more these days, since computers became popular/useful. I used to crash my computer a lot opening too many things at the same time, then my computer got better to handle it. I'm currently having an annoying problem. I want to listen to music, and I want to read tutorials at the same time. But I can't read while I'm listening to music. So naturally the tutorials go and the music stays.

It's only on the very rare occasion where I get really interested in something to want to spend all night on it.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #822
country flag Viken01

Quote:
Oh I also like to do many things at once, most of the time. I think a lot of people multi-task much more these days, since computers became popular/useful. I used to crash my computer a lot opening too many things at the same time, then my computer got better to handle it. I'm currently having an annoying problem. I want to listen to music, and I want to read tutorials at the same time. But I can't read while I'm listening to music. So naturally the tutorials go and the music stays.

It's only on the very rare occasion where I get really interested in something to want to spend all night on it.
I think you are right, multi-tasking is becoming popular
There is something I'd like to do but unfortunately it's impossible : Watching TV while listening to music... you can't do both at the same time but sometime it's frustrating, I want to listen to a specific music but if you are watching series or a movie it's not really the best moment to do it

EDIT : I understand your choice, music is more interesting than reading a boring tutorial
Old 12-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #823
country flag krystlel

Quote:
I think you are right, multi-tasking is becoming popular
There is something I'd like to do but unfortunately it's impossible : Watching TV while listening to music... you can't do both at the same time but sometime it's frustrating, I want to listen to a specific music but if you are watching series or a movie it's not really the best moment to do it
Yeah, movies are something you have to devote your full attention to. That's why I could never devote a day to watching numerous movies/TV, which some people like to do.

Although to be fair, why would you want to watch a show with music on? You wouldn't have a clue what's going on.

On the other hand, has anyone tried watching tennis while listening to music? I have, and it's too hard to pay attention to the tennis.

Last edited by krystlel : 12-30-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 AM   #824
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Yes, Krystel it's very easy to do that watch tennis and listen to music at the same time.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #825
country flag krystlel

Especially if there's no commentary. I normally don't like it, but I do like to put music on the top of commentary in foreign languages, especially if that commentator keeps talking over the points.