The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #751
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
Ok, i am leaving for the sleep now, and will check the result of David's match against Gulbis in the Boodles tomorrow, don't think I will get any information about this match on the crappy boodles website so far
good night, Crys
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 09:10 PM   #752
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Besides Asia, I really think South America should also have a big tournament considering their development of the tennis level. It will be really good to see all the continents holding some important tennis events so that this can be a real world sports.
Yes I would love to see South America hosting a big tennis tournament but unfortunately financial restrictions in the continent will prevent it from happening.
I'm a big fan of the SA claycourt swing. It's a shame that Acapulco is the ISG event and will be the open 500 event from next year instead of BA which is the better tournament, but unfortunately there is more money behind the Acapulco event.

Last edited by LeChuck : 06-19-2008 at 09:34 PM.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #753
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
I love Australian Open too, my second favourite (RG is still at the top), but i think the hard court season is way too big, yeah.
And even if i don't really like it, think the grass season is too short.
RG used to be my favourite grand slam by far in the nineties, but the poor strength in depth on the clay nowadays (well that's my opinion) and the lack of quality matches there, means that it has been relegated to second place behind the Aussie Open in my list of preferences. The US Open is my least favourite slam due to final set tiebreaks and Super/Stupid Saturday.
Hard courts are much cheaper to maintain than the natural surfaces (especially grass) so despite the fact that they are the most damaging surface to the muscles. ligaments and joints, unfortunately they will continue to dominate the schedule. 6 masters series events out of 9 on hard is just ridiculous. I just find so much hard court tennis pretty boring.
Quote:
i am the opposite. I like the speed of court in US Open, and the atmosphere of AO. so these two are my fav two GS. But yes, I agree there are too many hard-court matches while the grass season is too short For myself, I like playing on the hard court. I've first tried playing on clay in Melbourne this year, and it sucked me a lot, coz the ball bounced soooooooo irregularly and slowly that I really could not catch the rhythm of playing!!! Now i know why there are some players who hate clay so much, and I am with them now.
Yes the AO has easily the best atmosphere out of the 4 slams. I've heard that's it like a carnival over there.
I'm basically a claycourter who plays a clay court game on hard courts . I've played on red clay a couple of times and I loved it, and I enjoyed sliding on the surface. One of my friends usually beats me when we play on hard courts, but I was able to get my revenge over him on clay .
I've played on a grass a couple of times and it felt pretty weird, but it was still a lot of fun. Green clay is also a cool surface. There was talk of Miami changing its surface from hard to green clay at the start of this decade, but they eventually scrapped those plans, which is a shame.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #754
country flag LeChuck

I really wanted Portugal to win today, but fair play to Germany. That was a very entertaining match for neutrals though.
As Gary Linekar said, ''football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win''.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:45 PM   #755
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I really wanted Portugal to win today, but fair play to Germany. That was a very entertaining match for neutrals though.
As Gary Linekar said, ''football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win''.

I was really sad in the end - but, it's only football. Life goes on & there are certainly worst things.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #756
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Unlucky Claudia. Now you know what it feels like to lose to Germany.
Looking back there were too many distracting side issues and maybe that played a part. Anyway at least your national side made it to the Euros!
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #757
country flag justClaudia

but we already knew how it tasted Gooner. We lost to them two years ago, in the Word Cup, in the 3rd & 4rd place game, or whatever that is called. That's why we were fourth in the WC.

& it was actually a very similar game with last night's, both in outcome & in performance.
with Schweinsteiger being a monster as well.

Oh well, maybe my country can now concentrate on the big crise we are going through - because the football,
(like it already happened in 2004, during the Euro, when our prime minister resigned) was blinding everyone from the real problems.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #758
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Yes the AO has easily the best atmosphere out of the 4 slams. I've heard that's it like a carnival over there.
I'm basically a claycourter who plays a clay court game on hard courts . I've played on red clay a couple of times and I loved it, and I enjoyed sliding on the surface. One of my friends usually beats me when we play on hard courts, but I was able to get my revenge over him on clay .
I've played on a grass a couple of times and it felt pretty weird, but it was still a lot of fun. Green clay is also a cool surface. There was talk of Miami changing its surface from hard to green clay at the start of this decade, but they eventually scrapped those plans, which is a shame.
So far, AO is the only GS I've been to, so I can't say the other three, but yes, it's great carnival atmosphere in AO and fans can really enjoy a lot there . I've also heard AO is the most friendly GS to the fans coz it has a lot of equipment favoring the fans and doing the help, also the tickets are much easier to get.

That's the lucky thing living in Europe coz you can play on all the surfaces while we only have hard courts here. If you've kept playing on the hard courts for some years, and suddenly change to the clay court, it seems very difficult to find the rhythm. Besides, i never know how to slide decently I am interested in the green clay as well, it's said that green clay is faster than the red, and thus closer to the hard court speed?
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #759
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Clau.... Have your dad called back? i hope it's a great experience for him even you finally lost to the Germans
Old 06-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #760
country flag LeChuck

Question Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
So far, AO is the only GS I've been to, so I can't say the other three, but yes, it's great carnival atmosphere in AO and fans can really enjoy a lot there . I've also heard AO is the most friendly GS to the fans coz it has a lot of equipment favoring the fans and doing the help, also the tickets are much easier to get.

That's the lucky thing living in Europe coz you can play on all the surfaces while we only have hard courts here. If you've kept playing on the hard courts for some years, and suddenly change to the clay court, it seems very difficult to find the rhythm. Besides, i never know how to slide decently I am interested in the green clay as well, it's said that green clay is faster than the red, and thus closer to the hard court speed?
Most grass court are ridiculous expensive to play on, but I'm very lucky to live near some cheaper ones. I don't live near any red clay courts but yeah you're right living in Europe I've been fortunate enough to be able to play on some.
Yes Green clay is faster than red clay and speedwise it is probably closer to hard than red clay. You can still slide on the surface though.
50% of the recreational courts in the USA are green clay I think. On the WTA tour I like Amelia Island and Charleston, and I there used to be a few ATP tournaments on the surface in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #761
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a really enjoyable day at Wimbledon today. I saw Wawrinka beat Del Potro, Gonzo crash out to Bolelli, Ferrero retire due to injury, Ancic play some good S&V tennis, Berdych struggle against Hanescu and seeing Bjorkman and Hrbaty play doubles in their final Wimbledon. Good tennis with perfect weather if a little bit too hot at times which is very rare in London.

One thing about Safin's big win today; I saw both Safin and Djokovic's practice sessions this morning and the difference in the intensity levels are huge. Safin was having a really strong workout against Baghdatis whereas Djokovic's practice session with his coach was light hearted and not really too serious. I remember saying to my bro if I was a betting man I'd put some money on Safin. 4 hours later Safin wins in straight sets.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #762
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
Had a really enjoyable day at Wimbledon today. I saw Wawrinka beat Del Potro, Gonzo crash out to Bolelli, Ferrero retire due to injury, Ancic play some good S&V tennis, Berdych struggle against Hanescu and seeing Bjorkman and Hrbaty play doubles in their final Wimbledon. Good tennis with perfect weather if a little bit too hot at times which is very rare in London.

One thing about Safin's big win today; I saw both Safin and Djokovic's practice sessions this morning and the difference in the intensity levels are huge. Safin was having a really strong workout against Baghdatis whereas Djokovic's practice session with his coach was light hearted and not really too serious. I remember saying to my bro if I was a betting man I'd put some money on Safin. 4 hours later Safin wins in straight sets.
Hey, I am glad you still enjoy Wimbledon though David was out quite early This Wimbledon is full of surprise , but it does bring many good matches . Sometimes, I would like to see those lower-ranking players challenge the top seeds. They make the tournament more exciting and suspenseful. But definitely I won't want that happen to my favs though
Old 06-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #763
country flag LeChuck

I'm pleased to hear that you had a great time at Wimbledon on Wednesday gooner. I went there on Monday and Thursday and I really enjoyed myself. I'm a big fan of both men's and women's tennis, so there were a lot of matches on both days that I want to see at least parts of. I got a look at about 15 matches on Monday and 14 on Thursday (only a few of them in full). It's a pity about Nalbandian's terrible peformance on Monday, but despite that I've still enjoyed Wimbledon so far.
I had an outer court groundpass on both days, but on Monday I hung outside Court 1 after the Hewitt-Haase match had finished. Plenty of people had seen enough tennis for the day and were going home early, and I persuaded this woman to give me her Court 1 ticket for free rather than slipping it in the red resale box. This enabled to watch Nalbandian-Dancevic live from start to finish. I really didn't want to miss out on watching a match involving my 2 favourite players, and it was my first experience inside a Wimbledon showcourt.

Also 3 days ago I got the results for the my 2nd year exams at university, and I passed. I even got the highest mark in the year in my practical exam and got a prize (which turned out to be a book token but still ).
I'm heading to Chicago on Tuesday and back home to Vancouver a week later, before finally travelling to Toronto where I have tickets for the Rogers Cup (I love having relatives who work for Rogers and can get me free tickets).
Old 06-28-2008, 07:20 PM   #764
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Have fun big man in Toronto, congrats on the great results.

Yes, there are idiots who still think cramps are injuries.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #765
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Have fun big man in Toronto, congrats on the great results.
Thanks a lot
Quote:
Yes, there are idiots who still think cramps are injuries.
It's shocking isn't it. Enough doctors and senior medical lecturers are absolutely adamant that blisters and cramps are not injuries, but hey what do they know.