The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 50 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #736
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I spent a week in Belfast/Northern Ireland last week which was nice.
I wish I could throw my books away, but I'll need them for next year. Yes I heard this match against Gasquet was a thriller, and all in all he did well to win 3 matches and reach the last 4 at Queen's. He doesn't have good memories at Halle with 2 1st round defeats and a major tantrum in 2005, so I'm not surprised that he wanted a change this year. Thanks for the info about the T3 site
Nice vacation are you a Canadian, but live and study in UK? Of course I mean "throw away" those books is just putting them aside for a while I love study, it can keep someone fresh, but I just hate the pressure of exams. So I won't really throw those book away even I won't use them in the next semester.

Yes, I think the match against Gasquet was the best one for his Queen's. I always go to T3 to download the matches now, but you have to register on it first. I got downloaded David's first and only grandslam final so far in Wimbledon 2002, which I expected for several years, but didn't have a chance to watch it . And here's the website address of T3:

http://t3nnis.tv/index.php
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #737
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes I'm very lucky that I study in London. I've been to the US Open as well but I preferred Wimbledon to it. The only thing I don't like is that you get an awful lot of fans at Wimbledon who go there only for the experience, and aren't bothered about the tennis. Last year this guy behind me made fun of me for constantly turning my head from side to side when I was watching a match . I'll be in the early morning queue on next Thursday definately, and maybe Monday or Tuesday as well depending on which half of the draw David is in.
The Masters Cup will be held very close to where I live from 2009-2012. I don't agree with a city that already has a grand slam getting to host the TMC as well, but I'm still going to try and get tickets for that next year.
Ok, ignore my last post regarding asking where you are i think almost every tournament has bunch of this kind of fans , even I love the atmosphere of AO so much, but still there are some people walking around in the small courts when there's a match and the players are playing. And some of them use the flash of the camera, mistake a lot of players who are not that famous...

Enjoy your time in Wimbledon , and the most important, don't forget to take some photos of David back for us i am looking forward to that.

Ah, I will really miss TMC coz this year will be the last year for Shanghai to hold it , and from next year, it will go to your city Hope I can catch some good matches for the final year. Will TMC be on grass when it's going to London? I saw there already has a film for advertising the TMC 2009 in London on ATP official website, but haven't watched it yet.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #738
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
Ok, ignore my last post regarding asking where you are i think almost every tournament has bunch of this kind of fans , even I love the atmosphere of AO so much, but still there are some people walking around in the small courts when there's a match and the players are playing. And some of them use the flash of the camera, mistake a lot of players who are not that famous...

Enjoy your time in Wimbledon , and the most important, don't forget to take some photos of David back for us i am looking forward to that.

Ah, I will really miss TMC coz this year will be the last year for Shanghai to hold it , and from next year, it will go to your city Hope I can catch some good matches for the final year. Will TMC be on grass when it's going to London? I saw there already has a film for advertising the TMC 2009 in London on ATP official website, but haven't watched it yet.
I am Canadian but I've been living in the UK for over 10 years.
I actually lost my camera so I might have to borrow one for next week If I see any of David's matches I'll try and write as detailed reports as I can.
The TMC will be played on an indoor hardcourt in London.
I definately think that it has been a good move to have the event in Shanghai and the crowds have been very good. A lot of fans in Europe and North America have been moaning about having to stay up late/wake up late to watch the matches, but that's just tough luck and tennis doesn't just revolve around those 2 continents. Many fans from other parts of the world have to do the same thing to watch matches at RG and Wimbledon, and they don't complain anywhere near as much. At least there'll be a masters series in Shanghai from next year, and it's good that they'll still be a big tournament in Asia.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #739
country flag novanora

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
Queens wasn't so bad, i don't think. I mean, his semi final's result was horrible yes, but still, he managed to get there, so - not bad really. RG on the other hand ..god.
I watched some of his 1st round of RG, and it's totally not that bad, he played some very decent tennis Let's just think the 2nd round loss is mainly because of his injury, and we all know how well he can play against anyone if his body is healthy...eh of course his brain as well.....

Quote:
everybody is going to Wimbledon
Not me plan to go for it next year though. You hate grass Clau?
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #740
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I watched some of his 1st round of RG, and it's totally not that bad, he played some very decent tennis Let's just think the 2nd round loss is mainly because of his injury, and we all know how well he can play against anyone if his body is healthy...eh of course his brain as well.....

Not me plan to go for it next year though. You hate grass Clau?
don't hate.

but i don't particulary like it either, to be honest. Although, i think S&V is beautiful to watch.
I'm the contradiction personified, i guess. but the grass season tends to bore the hell out of me, yes.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #741
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'm weird in that the hard courts are easily my least favourite surface (I hate the fact that there are so many tournaments on hard, and that so many players play hard court tennis on clay and grass), but the Aussie Open is still my favourite grand slam.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #742
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Nice vacation are you a Canadian, but live and study in UK? Of course I mean "throw away" those books is just putting them aside for a while I love study, it can keep someone fresh, but I just hate the pressure of exams. So I won't really throw those book away even I won't use them in the next semester.
Sorry I was a bit slow there. It's good that like studying that you'll definately go far with such a good attitude.
Quote:
Yes, I think the match against Gasquet was the best one for his Queen's. I always go to T3 to download the matches now, but you have to register on it first. I got downloaded David's first and only grandslam final so far in Wimbledon 2002, which I expected for several years, but didn't have a chance to watch it . And here's the website address of T3:

http://t3nnis.tv/index.php
Thanks for that
Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #743
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

I love Australian Open too, my second favourite (RG is still at the top), but i think the hard court season is way too big, yeah.
And even if i don't really like it, think the grass season is too short.

Last edited by justClaudia : 06-19-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:49 PM   #744
country flag novanora

Quote:
I am Canadian but I've been living in the UK for over 10 years.
I actually lost my camera so I might have to borrow one for next week If I see any of David's matches I'll try and write as detailed reports as I can.
The TMC will be played on an indoor hardcourt in London.
I definately think that it has been a good move to have the event in Shanghai and the crowds have been very good. A lot of fans in Europe and North America have been moaning about having to stay up late/wake up late to watch the matches, but that's just tough luck and tennis doesn't just revolve around those 2 continents. Many fans from other parts of the world have to do the same thing to watch matches at RG and Wimbledon, and they don't complain anywhere near as much. At least there'll be a masters series in Shanghai from next year, and it's good that they'll still be a big tournament in Asia.
Ok, GREAT, we are not sure if he can be arranged into the center court, so if he is in the small courts, a detailed live match report will be very welcomed especially he lately experiences some difficult period regarding the health, i think all of us here want to know if his body is ok/fully recovered or not

Yes, thanks for ATP's decision that let Shanghai hold TMC for 4 years, plus 2002, should be 5 years now. It really grows up a lot tennis fans here and tennis is much more popular now than 4 years ago. Especially David played some awesome matches here . TMC 2005 was definitely my best tennis memory, and the match in TMC 2006 that he beated Roddick in 2 straight sets to enter the SF was also fabulous, though it's followed by an easy loss to James Blake the next day

Besides Asia, I really think South America should also have a big tournament considering their development of the tennis level. It will be really good to see all the continents holding some important tennis events so that this can be a real world sports.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #745
country flag novanora

Quote:
don't hate.

but i don't particulary like it either, to be honest. Although, i think S&V is beautiful to watch.
I'm the contradiction personified, i guess. but the grass season tends to bore the hell out of me, yes.
i am not really a fan of S&V Personally, i still prefer some fast attacking baseline battles. But now the grass is slower than before, even I don't much hang on S&V, I still think it's one of the classic style for the grass matches, which is fading seriously now.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #746
country flag justClaudia

I am so nervous!!!

many don't understand this & it's okay, i get it - but tonight's game is really affecting me.
yes, it's football i'm talking about. or soccer, as you prefer.

I can't help it, I seriously let this sort of thing affect me - am a nerve wreck right now.
It's so silly, I know - but i can't seem to control it. also my bloody Father is there, in Basel - which is not helping either, because he is constantly texting me to say how great the environment in the stadium is.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #747
country flag novanora

Quote:
I'm weird in that the hard courts are easily my least favourite surface (I hate the fact that there are so many tournaments on hard, and that so many players play hard court tennis on clay and grass), but the Aussie Open is still my favourite grand slam.
i am the opposite. I like the speed of court in US Open, and the atmosphere of AO. so these two are my fav two GS. But yes, I agree there are too many hard-court matches while the grass season is too short For myself, I like playing on the hard court. I've first tried playing on clay in Melbourne this year, and it sucked me a lot, coz the ball bounced soooooooo irregularly and slowly that I really could not catch the rhythm of playing!!! Now i know why there are some players who hate clay so much, and I am with them now.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #748
country flag novanora

Quote:
I am so nervous!!!

many don't understand this & it's okay, i get it - but tonight's game is really affecting me.
yes, it's football i'm talking about. or soccer, as you prefer.

I can't help it, I seriously let this sort of thing affect me - am a nerve wreck right now.
It's so silly, I know - but i can't seem to control it. also my bloody Father is there, in Basel - which is not helping either, because he is constantly texting me to say how great the environment in the stadium is.
you father didn't bring you with him?? If I have a daughter who loves tennis so much as me, i will bring her with me to every tournament I go to.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #749
country flag novanora

Ok, i am leaving for the sleep now, and will check the result of David's match against Gulbis in the Boodles tomorrow, don't think I will get any information about this match on the crappy boodles website so far
Old 06-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #750
country flag justClaudia

i didn't have a ticket - & wasn't in the mood to spend 500 euros in one either

he used to take me everywhere though. growing up is really unfair - we ran out of excuses.