The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 49 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #721
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

You guys are not gathering here when Dave is playing?
HeretiC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #722
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
You guys are not gathering here when Dave is playing?
We usually post our in-match comments in the tournament thread.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #723
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
We usually post our in-match comments in the tournament thread.
Didn't know that. Well, moving there then.
HeretiC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:22 PM   #724
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everyone's exams have gone well. I finished mine just under 2 weeks ago (I had to take a 4 week break from this board as it is a major distaction ) I spent most of last week celebrating and giving my liver a pounding. I'm glad that they are over and I get the results next Wednesday.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM   #725
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
I hope everyone's exams have gone well. I finished mine just under 2 weeks ago (I had to take a 4 week break from this board as it is a major distaction ) I spent most of last week celebrating and giving my liver a pounding. I'm glad that they are over and I get the results next Wednesday.
welcome back, you were missed.

& I'm sure you'll get the results you need & want.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #726
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
welcome back, you were missed.

& I'm sure you'll get the results you need & want.
Thanks for the welcome and also the rep . The exams went OK so I'm not really worried too much about the results (although I don't wish to sound over-confident).
I'm probably going to go to Wimbledon next week so hopefully I'll get to see David again like I did last year.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #727
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
any vacation plan after the exams? I usually would do some trips after a long period of exams I know the feeling just after finishing all the exams want to throw all the study books away, and never let them bother me at least two weeks.

David did some good matches in Queen's though he was bageled in the SF. Maybe you can download some of them to catch on. I saw his matches against Troicki and Gasquest can be downloaded from T3 website.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #728
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome and also the rep . The exams went OK so I'm not really worried too much about the results (although I don't wish to sound over-confident).
I'm probably going to go to Wimbledon next week so hopefully I'll get to see David again like I did last year.
Wimbledon?! Wow..... that's really great reward after long-time exam, and now you can enjoy some good live tennis. Gooner will go to Wimbledon as well, maybe you two can meet each other during David's match.
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #729
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
any vacation plan after the exams? I usually would do some trips after a long period of exams I know the feeling just after finishing all the exams want to throw all the study books away, and never let them bother me at least two weeks.

David did some good matches in Queen's though he was bageled in the SF. Maybe you can download some of them to catch on. I saw his matches against Troicki and Gasquest can be downloaded from T3 website.
I spent a week in Belfast/Northern Ireland last week which was nice.
I wish I could throw my books away, but I'll need them for next year. Yes I heard this match against Gasquet was a thriller, and all in all he did well to win 3 matches and reach the last 4 at Queen's. He doesn't have good memories at Halle with 2 1st round defeats and a major tantrum in 2005, so I'm not surprised that he wanted a change this year. Thanks for the info about the T3 site
Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #730
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanora View Post
Wimbledon?! Wow..... that's really great reward after long-time exam, and now you can enjoy some good live tennis. Gooner will go to Wimbledon as well, maybe you two can meet each other during David's match.
Yes I'm very lucky that I study in London. I've been to the US Open as well but I preferred Wimbledon to it. The only thing I don't like is that you get an awful lot of fans at Wimbledon who go there only for the experience, and aren't bothered about the tennis. Last year this guy behind me made fun of me for constantly turning my head from side to side when I was watching a match . I'll be in the early morning queue on next Thursday definately, and maybe Monday or Tuesday as well depending on which half of the draw David is in.
The Masters Cup will be held very close to where I live from 2009-2012. I don't agree with a city that already has a grand slam getting to host the TMC as well, but I'm still going to try and get tickets for that next year.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #731
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Queens wasn't so bad, i don't think. I mean, his semi final's result was horrible yes, but still, he managed to get there, so - not bad really. RG on the other hand ..god.

everybody is going to Wimbledon
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #732
country flag LeChuck

From Wimbledon 2002-RG 2006, David was consistently reaching the latter stages of a grand slams. But since then he was well truly sucked at the main events and can't reach the 2nd week to save his life.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #733
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Masters Cup will be held very close to where I live from 2009-2012. I don't agree with a city that already has a grand slam getting to host the TMC as well, but I'm still going to try and get tickets for that next year.
Yeah LeChuck but look, Paris has a GS and a TMS so we could discuss about it too...

Anyway I don't have anything planned of course but I'm really looking forward to the Master Cup in 2009, with the Eurostar from France I'm sure I could go there easily

Also I wish your exams went well ! Personally I had my oral report two days ago about my internship that just finished. It was a pain to write the report making the oral presentation was easy though -just a little stressed-. And Yesterday I took an exam at an engineering school, not the one I want to go to but you have to watch your back and have a spare wheel
Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #734
country flag justClaudia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Yeah LeChuck but look, Paris has a GS and a TMS so we could discuss about it too...

Anyway I don't have anything planned of course but I'm really looking forward to the Master Cup in 2009, with the Eurostar from France I'm sure I could go there easily

Also I wish your exams went well ! Personally I had my oral report two days ago about my internship that just finished. It was a pain to write the report making the oral presentation was easy though -just a little stressed-. And Yesterday I took an exam at an engineering school, not the one I want to go to but you have to watch your back and have a spare wheel

Yeah, me too. i really want to be there next year.
Ryanair is my best friend lately. flying to Barcelona for 10 euros is like, a dream come true.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #735
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Well I've never really agreed with that as well. I just think that with tennis being a global sport, the big events should be spread out more. I haven't read any of the recent articles about the Hamburg court case, but if that event is to be downgraded as I think it will be, I personally think that Bercy should be replaced with a German indoor TMS (of that course that isn't going to happen but I would like it to).
Quote:
You should definately come over and it would be pretty cheap to do.
Quote:
Thanks .
I'm glad to hear that your oral presentation went well and it's good that you have got the report out the way. I hope your enjoyed your internship. It was definately a sensible move to take that exam yesterday and to have a back-up option. Good luck with it all.