The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #691
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Fair enough, good that you admit to it. I don't mind your posts in general, I mean it is always interesting to read everyone's insights on matches. It's just that I think you read too much into things. I mean Nalbandian is easily capable of putting in a poor performance whether he was motivated or not and in the end it sounds a bit like the "Not many people can beat him when he tries" thing that we don't like here.
I am not a deluded to think that Nalbandian is THE best player in the world, but I do think he is among the ones with most god-given talent. Nor I think that when he really tries and plays his best he is unbeatable (you can see it from my posts about his bad match-ups, like Wawrinka in general or Almagro on clay in best of 3). Even when I do feel sometimes different about certain things, when I post I am trying to be objective to the max, although I can't deny that sometimes my judgment might be clouded a bit, for example after some huge disappointment, but that happens very very rarely because I try not to post while I am being still emotional about some match.
HeretiC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #692
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
I am not a deluded to think that Nalbandian is THE best player in the world, but I do think he is among the ones with most god-given talent. Nor I think that when he really tries and plays his best he is unbeatable (you can see it from my posts about his bad match-ups, like Wawrinka in general or Almagro on clay in best of 3). Even when I do feel sometimes different about certain things, when I post I am trying to be objective to the max, although I can't deny that sometimes my judgment might be clouded a bit, for example after some huge disappointment, but that happens very very rarely because I try not to post while I am being still emotional about some match.
I meant it to a lesser extent what your posts imply, I'm sure you don't overrate him that badly. I mean everyone knows he's inconsistent. I can't find my post anymore, but I think it was made before Monte Carlo and Barcelona. Anyway I accept your explanation and I think I've said pretty much what I've wanted to. I wouldn't mind discussing with you individual matches in the future here, I don't mind disagreeing with people and I consider it a good discussion as long as we listen to each other (or whether we all just write our own separate reports, whatever).
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #693
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you don't insult him and don't call him "fat dave", you are welcome here.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:51 PM   #694
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
As long as you don't insult him and don't call him "fat dave", you are welcome here.
I really don't like that fat-fit parallel the others are using that much. Never even used the word fat in any of my post.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:21 PM   #695
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really don't like that fat-fit parallel the others are using that much. Never even used the word fat in any of my post.
okay, after all this i still haven't figured out what was the exact reason that brought you here. would you be so kind & enlighten me, please. thanks in advance.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #696
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

This place has turned into a fuckin' wasteland. We were doing fine until a certain interloper came along. Like Claudia asked, HeretiC, could you please state the reason you came here? We'd love to have your response.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 AM   #697
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
okay, after all this i still haven't figured out what was the exact reason that brought you here. would you be so kind & enlighten me, please. thanks in advance.
I did it couple of posts before but I won't mind doing it again. Main reason is that I realized that the best place to talk about players is in their adequate fan base place in MTF instead of in GM where you will be almost certainly crusified by many oportune posters who are not interested in talking tennis and are interested in starting a quarrel. Second was that I found my name in negative context and I was curious about the reasons for it.
If this is not the right place to talk about Nalbandian then plase tell me that I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91 View Post
This place has turned into a fuckin' wasteland. We were doing fine until a certain interloper came along. Like Claudia asked, HeretiC, could you please state the reason you came here? We'd love to have your response.
As I said before I have no intention to post anywhere where I am not welcomed, and you are trying to insult me all the time. I don't get it, did I do something wrong with posting here or did I insult someone?

Last edited by HeretiC : 05-19-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:26 AM   #698
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's how I discovered that PMK (who I thought that he is a descent poster) called me a clown. I remembered that he was among the ones who accused me of starting the result threads before the matches ends, but after I recorded and posted the video, he never done that again, so I though that he realized that I am not lying.
Just remember I caught you out during the Andreev and Almagro match at Monte Carlo and I was proven right, that you started that thread too soon and you admitted it. You aren't the only one to have done it and I have caught them as well.

This is why I called you a clown, you could not wait for the match to be over, before starting a result thread of a match that I was watching and it was 2 minutes early before it was completed.

As for being a Nalbandian fan, yes do overrate him quite a bit.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:08 AM   #699
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Just remember I caught you out during the Andreev and Almagro match at Monte Carlo and I was proven right, that you started that thread too soon and you admitted it. You aren't the only one to have done it and I have caught them as well.

This is why I called you a clown, you could not wait for the match to be over, before starting a result thread of a match that I was watching and it was 2 minutes early before it was completed.

As for being a Nalbandian fan, yes do overrate him quite a bit.
You accused me of starting every thread before it ends. Of course that I admited that I started that thread prematurelly beacuse I've mistaken the MP ball for an out and thought that the match is over and I explained that (never denied it), but accusing me that I am doing it all the time was out of line. Acctually your accussations made me record that video to show that feeds are indeed lot faster then streams and regular TV's (not even mentioning SB, huge time difference). If admiting the only mistake that I made and defending the truth makes me clown then so be it.

Last edited by HeretiC : 05-19-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #700
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You accused me of starting every thread before it ends. Of course that I admited that I started that thread prematurelly beacuse I've mistaken the MP ball for an out and thought that the match is over and I explained that (never denied it), but accusing me that I do all the time was out of line. Acctually your accussations made me record that video to show that feeds are indeed lot faster then streams and regular TV's (not even mentioning SB, huge time difference). If admiting the only mistake that I made and defending the truth makes me clown that so be it.
Considering that I know about delays, especially since the umpire has to talk into a microphone, while pressing his key pad, when the set is done and that takes time for the message to come through.

It shouldn't happen, starting match threads before they are over, seems to be overeagerness at best. It has happened quite a lot and considering I do have access to these TV channels that show tennis at times. I know when it's been started before matches are done.

I'm not the only one to have accused you and if you have done it once, there is a chance it could happen again.

Come on 2 minutes before isn't funny.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:02 PM   #701
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Considering that I know about delays, especially since the umpire has to talk into a microphone, while pressing his key pad, when the set is done and that takes time for the message to come through.

It shouldn't happen, starting match threads before they are over, seems to be overeagerness at best. It has happened quite a lot and considering I do have access to these TV channels that show tennis at times. I know when it's been started before matches are done.

I'm not the only one to have accused you and if you have done it once, there is a chance it could happen again.

Come on 2 minutes before isn't funny.
It happened once cause I thought that the match is over(on MP for Andreev Almagro hit the ball and it looked wide but it caught the line) and not because I tend to start the threads before they are over, I don't like that either.
I am following the lot of channels that are showing tennis. And it depends from the tournament and the broadcaster. MC for example the stream on bet fair and bet365 was faster than any TV I've checked. And the stream was behind the AMS feed 2-3 sec. Hamburg was different story, the satellite feed was just a sec or so faster then stream, and the stream was just a bit sec faster then TV's. That happens because betting sites use the the stream directly from AMS feed. For other tournaments usually the stream is slower then TV's. But never ever happened that stream or TV's are faster or even remotely close to direct raw satellite stream (if there is one of course).
Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 PM   #702
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It happened once cause I thought that the match is over(on MP for Andreev Almagro hit the ball and it looked wide but it caught the line) and not because I tend to start the threads before they are over, I don't like that either.
I am following the lot of channels that are showing tennis. And it depends from the tournament and the broadcaster. MC for example the stream on bet fair and bet365 was faster than any TV I've checked. And the stream was behind the AMS feed 2-3 sec. Hamburg was different story, the satellite feed was just a sec or so faster then stream, and the stream was just a bit sec faster then TV's. That happens because betting sites use the the stream directly from AMS feed. For other tournaments usually the stream is slower then TV's. But never ever happened that stream or TV's are faster or even remotely close to direct raw satellite stream (if there is one of course).
You keep destroying this thread, HeretiC.

You're even worse than Stephan.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #703
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
You keep destroying this thread, HeretiC.

You're even worse than Stephan.
For god sake I am answering on posts which are addressed to me. I should't doing that too?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #704
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Well let's just close the discussion, he doesn't looks like a guy coming here to do any harm so let him post, no need to bring useless quarrels !
Old 05-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #705
country flag HeretiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Well let's just close the discussion, he doesn't looks like a guy coming here to do any harm so let him post, no need to bring useless quarrels !
Thanks, finally someone who is not trying start a quarrel.

P.S Back to the topic: which quarter do you think is the best for Nalbandian in RG draw ?