The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:52 PM   #181
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
he was indeed awesome.

but so was Gonzalez last year & Baggy two years ago. I'm feeling a bandwagon is about to start & that is always a bit dangerous. He is good & has potential, but give him time, just give him time.
True there will be a bandwagon but I guess it will be like the nalbandwagon

Actually I follow tsonga since his very first match in an ATP event at the TMS Paris 2004 and since then I always liked him
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #182
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by justClaudia View Post
he was indeed awesome.

but so was Gonzalez last year & Baggy two years ago. I'm feeling a bandwagon is about to start & that is always a bit dangerous. He is good & has potential, but give him time, just give him time.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He's playing great tennis but only time can tell if he is really good or is just having a good tournament. There is a difference. But I always like upsets in a tournament so him reaching the semis is awesome if you ask me.
My nephew was here today and the little one left me feeling exhausted. I never get how such a little guy can drain so much energy....

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #183
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Crappy night for me. Just seen my team beaten 5-1 by our bitter rivals. I'm getting lots of texts from spuds fans who are rubbing it in as well.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #184
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner88 View Post
Crappy night for me. Just seen my team beaten 5-1 by our bitter rivals. I'm getting lots of texts from spuds fans who are rubbing it in as well.
'gooner88', you've said elsewhere you are a massive Arsenal fan. As I'm totally ignorant of the English football (I'm basketball fan instead), I was perplexed about who are Arsenal's bitter rivals. So, I looked at BBC-Sport-Football website (as you see, I'm always fond of learning new things ) and read that Tottenham won Arsenal 5-1 for a place in the Carling Cup final.

What else to say? Slowly but surely I started to understand your pain (and anger perhaps). I can sympathise with your bitter feelings.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:47 PM   #185
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Claudia, you're alive. The bandwagon jumpers of any kind are pitiful and ridiculous.

Viken, I believe you that you follow Tsonga for the last four years.

Joyce, my first nephew was born 35 days ago.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 AM   #186
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
'gooner88', you've said elsewhere you are a massive Arsenal fan. As I'm totally ignorant of the English football (I'm basketball fan instead), I was perplexed about who are Arsenal's bitter rivals. So, I looked at BBC-Sport-Football website (as you see, I'm always fond of learning new things ) and read that Tottenham won Arsenal 5-1 for a place in the Carling Cup final.

What else to say? Slowly but surely I started to understand your pain (and anger perhaps). I can sympathise with your bitter feelings.
Ah well, I think the saying in these type of situations is life goes on.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #187
country flag Getta

Quote:
Ah well, I think the saying in these type of situations is life goes on.
You'll be fine.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #188
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Getta, congratulations with your first nephew being born! I adore mine, he takes a lot out of ye but it's great to love a little child like this and pamper him.
I was shocked to hear that Heath Ledger died...I wasn't his biggest fan but I did like most of the movies I saw him in. The guy was talented. I'm disgusted by the media however, I read that video's of his body being wheeled out of his appartment where being released on the net within two hours of his death. That's just sick and shows no respect to his loved ones who aren't mourning the loss of a moviestar but someone they really loved. Sad...

Old 01-23-2008, 02:17 PM   #189
country flag bittertea

bittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond reputebittertea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ugh, don't bring it up... Denial is my only way of coping with this surge of shitty results (tennis included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
I was shocked to hear that Heath Ledger died...I wasn't his biggest fan but I did like most of the movies I saw him in. The guy was talented. I'm disgusted by the media however, I read that video's of his body being wheeled out of his appartment where being released on the net within two hours of his death. That's just sick and shows no respect to his loved ones who aren't mourning the loss of a moviestar but someone they really loved. Sad...
I too was quite stunned to hear of Heath's death. I've always liked him as an actor. A remarkable talent, and he just seemed like such a decent, introspective guy. And I agree, the media is revolting, they fail to remember that beyond a movie star he was someone's son, brother and father. My heart just goes out to his family, I know a little too well what an unbearable a loss like that feels.
bittertea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #190
country flag Joyce_23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittertea View Post
And I agree, the media is revolting, they fail to remember that beyond a movie star he was someone's son, brother and father. My heart just goes out to his family, I know a little too well what an unbearable a loss like that feels.
That was exactly my point, to his family he was just Heath and not Heath Ledger, actor. And I'm sorry that you know how a loss like that feels. I was lucky enough to not lose someone that young so far in my life. You expect to lose your grandparents at some stage and as tough as that was I can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone you expect to be there for a long time to come.
Boy, I'm talking a lot of people into depression with my 'happy' thoughts today...

Old 01-23-2008, 05:00 PM   #191
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

gosh I can't believe Ennis is gone. My favorite actors all gone so young. first River, now him .. it's just so sad.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #192
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

That's terrible news about Heath Ledger, and it's going to be very weird watching the new Batman move 'The Dark Knight' now.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #193
country flag donna karen

donna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond reputedonna karen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys!!!!!
I have been very busy so havent posted a lot lately. It is seriously sad that heath ledger died.When my friend told me i was pretty shocked. I hope the press lets his family grieve in peace.
i am also sad that Rafi lost to Tsonga, but tsonga played an amazing match. i just wish one of my faves had made it to the finals.
donna karen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM   #194
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

this AO final ..so unexpected. But it's a good thing, I think. Times might be changing.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #195
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I'll absolutely delighted that Djokovic beat Federer. The guarantee of a brand new grand slam champion is great, and it's about time that someone other that Federer or Nadal lifted a grand slam trophy. Also I think that Federer-Nadal matches are overrated.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote