The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2008, 05:06 AM   #166
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Asado Thread: Chat (and Chew) Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0118 View Post
Getta

BTW Nalby won't play today? Looks like raining over there.

Mia As Tish has just posted on "Australian Open 2008" thread seems this is the case.

Tish: Latest news: The draw has been updated and David will not be playing today.

Last edited by Getta : 01-19-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #167
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Viken, are you implying that you are going to pursue Ph.D. studies so that you can teach at a uni?
Hi Getta

Well, first I'm planning to be an engineer and I think trying a doctorate will depend on my results. But I asked my teachers and there is two way to teach at a uni : you have to be a doctorate or an engineer with a special qualification which I don't remember.

Once again it's too early to tell, but I always wanted to be a teacher

Btw, too bad david couldn't play today, I woke up just to watch him and saw it was raining
Old 01-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #168
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viken01 View Post
Well, first I'm planning to be an engineer and I think trying a doctorate will depend on my results. But I asked my teachers and there is two way to teach at a uni : you have to be a doctorate or an engineer with a special qualification which I don't remember.

Once again it's too early to tell, but I always wanted to be a teacher

Hope your plans happen just as you wish.
Take into account that university profs have the obligation to carry out research and attract grant support from the government and organisational funders.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #169
country flag Viken01

Viken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond reputeViken01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hope your plans happen just as you wish.
Take into account that university profs have the obligation to carry out research and attract grant support from the government and organisational funders.
Thank you I hope that too and will work as hard as possible to make it happen

And to speak tennis, I hope Baghdatis is going to defeat Hewitt he won the first set
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #170
country flag Getta

Viken, Marcos was defeated. He gave everything he had and has nothing to be ashamed of.

For the first time in my life, I don't feel frustrated with a Marcos' loss.

His time hasn't come yet.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #171
country flag Viken01

Quote:
Viken, Marcos was defeated. He gave everything he had and has nothing to be ashamed of.

For the first time in my life, I don't feel frustrated with a Marcos' loss.

His time hasn't come yet.
Yes I watched the whole match it was great.

Too bad marcos lost 2nd and 3rd set after being broken at 6-5*. He really fought like a warrior but in the end he was out of gas and hewitt took advantage of it.

Anyway we can't blame him because he gave his best He is such a lovable guy and I was sad when I saw him in tears after his lose
Old 01-19-2008, 09:40 PM   #172
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes I watched the whole match it was great.

Too bad marcos lost 2nd and 3rd set after being broken at 6-5*. He really fought like a warrior but in the end he was out of gas and hewitt took advantage of it.

Anyway we can't blame him because he gave his best He is such a lovable guy and I was sad when I saw him in tears after his lose
Melbourne saw some awesome matches today which is always good. Matches like that never have real losers, even though it sucks if you still lose after such a fight. I'm still hoping David won't play such an epic match later tonight (today for him), no matter how much I adore JC. I want a quick match which leaves him ready to face Ferrer.
On another note, I felt like such a girl today. I actually had a great day because I bought an awesome pair of black boots. I normally never care about shoes but these just rocked. *shrugs*

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #173
country flag Viken01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
Melbourne saw some awesome matches today which is always good. Matches like that never have real losers, even though it sucks if you still lose after such a fight. I'm still hoping David won't play such an epic match later tonight (today for him), no matter how much I adore JC. I want a quick match which leaves him ready to face Ferrer.
On another note, I felt like such a girl today. I actually had a great day because I bought an awesome pair of black boots. I normally never care about shoes but these just rocked. *shrugs*

OMG girls around the world are all the same
Don't know if it's the same in your country but here in France it's a discount period for clothing, shoes,etc... my girlfriend is completely crazy and out of control so your story about your boots reminds me that

As for David, yes I really hope he can beat JC quickly because Ferrer will destroy Spadea and will be ready for a big fight against our David !
Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #174
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_23 View Post
I have been a complete girl/woman for the past week, going to my favorite clothes haunt for dresses, jeans, shoes, etc. I have two pairs of killer heels that I just love, love, love!! And black boots...a must-have, if you get nothing else.

Quote:
OMG girls around the world are all the same
That we are....
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #175
country flag Getta

I don't have much money, as I don't have a job. I'm a student, hope you remember. So, the only piece of luxury I could afford to buy this winter discount period in Athens was, guess what, a pair of black boots.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #176
country flag Joyce_23

Joyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond reputeJoyce_23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't have much money, as I don't have a job. I'm a student, hope you remember. So, the only piece of luxury I could afford to buy this winter discount period in Athens was, guess what, a pair of black boots.
Same here... As a student I needed new boots which is why I was so happy. They're beauties and they were in my price range. Good to see that woman all over the world are shop addicts.
On another note, last night absolutely sucked....Man, that was painful to watch. The only positive thing I can think of right now is that the bandwagon is not nearly as full anymore but other then that....it sucked!!!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid it will never truely begin.
Joyce_23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #177
country flag Getta

Where are Tiff and Claudia? They haven't been on MTF at all in the last two (maybe three) days. Hope they are fine.

I miss them.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #178
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

here Getta, here!

I'm having so many problems with my computers lately, it's sick. that's the reason of my absence. Other than that I'm fine & hope everyone is too.

although I must confess I'm still very disappointed about this AO.

Good to see you here, btw.

justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #179
country flag Viken01

I'm watching Tsonga-Youzhny it's a great match, Jo is playing so well
Old 01-22-2008, 04:44 PM   #180
country flag justClaudia

justClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond reputejustClaudia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm watching Tsonga-Youzhny it's a great match, Jo is playing so well
he was indeed awesome.

but so was Gonzalez last year & Baggy two years ago. I'm feeling a bandwagon is about to start & that is always a bit dangerous. He is good & has potential, but give him time, just give him time.
justClaudia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote