hopman cup 2008 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #16
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hopman cup 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
So, he's looking for a wife? Anyone out there available??
I'm not available.... yet

Quote:
Ok, who's that I just saw on TV holding up the "MARRY ME ARNAUD" sign???
That was me
No i'm just kidding, Arnaud may be desperate but I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I'm happy he still wants to be playing at 35

And for the wife thing, shall I wrap him in a ribbon to give my sister as a present? I'm sure she'll have no problem with that at all
No problem at all
That would be great, and i'll give Bruno to you as a late birthday gift
Maybe we can kidnap them in Marseille..

I hope he still plays at 35... i think he will... in 2004 people were telling me he was going to quit and i refused to believe it, and guess who's still playing Feels so good to be right

Quote:
And Arnaud's face at that picture

Cruising through the rest of the thread, I come across this: http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...9&postcount=15
I think Arnaud looks a bit old in that picture...

And who is that person and where did he or she live? in a cave?

Last but not least: Happy new year with lots of Arnaud ( and Bruno for my sis)

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 AM   #17
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

I just read the thread where you talk about the veteran stuff and i just thought of something: he just needs a much younger wife so she can keep him act and feel young Like someone who's 21 years old *hint*

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #18
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol. She put a lot of effort into making that sign!

Silly me! What did I do? Stay up until 1:30am to watch that awful doubles match They should have won, especially with Jelena injured. It seemed to me that Arnaud and Tatiana didn't take it too seriously. The commentators kept remarking that Arnaud wasn't being "mean enough" to Jelena. He was giving her easy serves and hitting to Novak instead of her. Meanwhile, Novak was sending Tatiana hard serves. It didn't help that Arnaud made a lot of unforced errros, either. Possibily they thought they would easily win or that Jelena would eventually retire?

The only good about staying up was that I was rewarded with an English interview!! I honestly always thought Arnaud had only passable English, but I was quite surprised that he is actually quite fluent.

you must have got the same broadcast as we did over here. so, how many times had the word 'veteran' been used by commentators? lol

i can see why arnaud doesn't like playing mixed doubles... he doesn't like punishing the girls (or suffer the indignity that they may hit harder than he )

Quote:
And I was hoping that after almost a year of not seeing them irl his beautiful hair would've grown back Is it a good hint to get him to sign a picture of him with a ponytail? Or just ask him when he lets his hair grow back (if I have the guts)?

What do you mean with 'once the mercury soars' ?
mercury is the stuff inside thermometers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchie View Post
I just read the thread where you talk about the veteran stuff and i just thought of something: he just needs a much younger wife so she can keep him act and feel young Like someone who's 21 years old *hint*
i actually think that younger wives make older husbands look even older. not that the men realise that themselves

i won't be surprised that arnaud's girlfriends will be progressively younger each time
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #19
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
you must have got the same broadcast as we did over here. so, how many times had the word 'veteran' been used by commentators? lol
lol
Quote:
Silly me! What did I do? Stay up until 1:30am to watch that awful doubles match They should have won, especially with Jelena injured. It seemed to me that Arnaud and Tatiana didn't take it too seriously. The commentators kept remarking that Arnaud wasn't being "mean enough" to Jelena. He was giving her easy serves and hitting to Novak instead of her. Meanwhile, Novak was sending Tatiana hard serves. It didn't help that Arnaud made a lot of unforced errros, either. Possibily they thought they would easily win or that Jelena would eventually retire?
Thank you a lot for the report and sorry that it was such an awful doubles match Well, yes, now it becomes clearer why Arnaud doesn’t like playing mixed. And not that I disagree with his point.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 AM   #20
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

hopman cup is pretty much over for me. that fra v srb tie was also the only one that i watched live

my mind is now moving onto my home tournament
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #21
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i can see why arnaud doesn't like playing mixed doubles... he doesn't like punishing the girls (or suffer the indignity that they may hit harder than he )

mercury is the stuff inside thermometers

i actually think that younger wives make older husbands look even older. not that the men realise that themselves

i won't be surprised that arnaud's girlfriends will be progressively younger each time
Thanks, I never translated the Dutch word in English At least I learned something today, I've been doing useless things all day
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #22
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

France Disappointed To Let Chance Slip
2/01/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Chris Pike

FRANCE’s Tatiana Golovin and Arnaud Clement were bitterly disappointed not to capitalise on an injured Jelena Jankovic to beat Serbia, but remain alive to reach the final if Argentina knock off the No. 1 seed Serbians on Thursday night.

Golovin and Jankovic are among the hottest rising stars in tennis and the world No. 13 was disappointed the third ranked Serbian pulled out with an upper hamstring injury.

“I was really looking forward to the match against Jelena,” Golovin said.

“It was unfortunate she had to retire as the point of being here is to play as many matches against top players as you can. I hope she’s OK and I’m sure I’ll get many more chances to play against her.”

It looked as though France would be handed the tie when Jankovic retired from the singles match, but she returned for the doubles and put the French away in three sets.

After a tremendous opening tie doubles performance, Golovin and Clement couldn’t replicate that form despite Jankovic being on one leg.

“It’s always disappointing to lose, but when it’s this tight and you have chances to win even more so. I’m glad I got to play with Arnaud again, we have another tie to come and we are still alive,” she said.

“It’s almost impossible to play against an injured player. She was limping, hitting aces and winners, so it doesn’t make it easy to keep your concentration. As a professional, though, you have to learn to just focus on your own game.”

It was a disappointing singles result again for Clement, who also lost in straight sets to Argentina’s Juan Ignacio Chela on his return to the Hyundai Hopman Cup.

His doubles experience of 10 career titles guided France to a win over Argentina in its opening tie, but he admits to being off his game against the Serbians.

“My concentration wasn’t affected, but it is tough to play somebody who is injured,” Clement said.

“It’s also tough for the men in mixed doubles to play on the girl. When the girl is injured, it’s even more difficult. I didn’t have a good day, though, that’s for sure.”

France remains in contention for the final if it can beat Chinese Taipei on Thursday night and if Argentina beat Serbia.

I believe him, I don't understand how men play against girls in mixed doubles, so against an "injured" player... but he was too much stupid and nice with her since the lost !
He's too weak with girls, I don't think mixed double is a good competiion for him.

Guy Forget

Last edited by Marine : 01-03-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it wasn't me, or emily, i can tell you this much!

arnaud has no lack of choices lol the poor fellow just has to make up his mind.
Then who?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hopman.jpg (61.3 KB, 13 views)
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #24
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not me, she doesn't look like 21
(Almost posted 20, I still have to get used to my new age )
Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Where did you find this picture ? lol

Guy Forget
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM   #26
country flag Via

Quote:
Then who?
a match made in heaven! he's desperate, she's desperate

btw a few years ago when arnaud played hopman cup, there was a female who did something similar... she might even have hugged him on court! what's happening to perth women? i thought sydney has a problem, we don't have enough (straight) men.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #27
country flag Marine

Maybe it's the same woman ? lol Do you remember her face, Via ?

Guy Forget
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #28
country flag Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Maybe it's the same woman ? lol Do you remember her face, Via ?
that was in 2002 i think.... gee you would hope that one has found a husband by now!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #29
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, you two are making me laugh so hard!!

I used my cell phone to take a picture from my TV from the recording on my DVR. I don't have a way to copy what's recorded on the DVR to DVD. I'm thinking of trying to use the video on my cell phone to record the recording of Arnaud's English interview. IF it works, I'll post it here.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:27 PM   #30
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
OMG, you two are making me laugh so hard!!

I used my cell phone to take a picture from my TV from the recording on my DVR. I don't have a way to copy what's recorded on the DVR to DVD. I'm thinking of trying to use the video on my cell phone to record the recording of Arnaud's English interview. IF it works, I'll post it here.
Please do!
Even if you only get audio it'll make us all very happy, good luck!