Who is going? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:23 AM   #31
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

I was at the Ancic-Melzer match for a bit last year. Kind of sad I'm not going this year.

I was able to get a bit of food and a rubbermaid bottle filled with ice in every day last year without any problems (the food was just a banana and an apple). I always opened my bag, showed them my towel and my hat and said 'I'm prepared for the heat and humidity' and they nodded and let me in.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #32
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

The senior citizen gate keepers are pretty easy going...I've just put a sandwich and waters underneath other things in my backpack and it has never been a problem.
Doubles: W - US Open(w/orangehat)
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Fairport's Angels - Always in our Hearts 6.26.07
Allez-Alejo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:53 AM   #33
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAndNad View Post
going for first time

Also looking for hotel, cheap and close. Suggestions? Thanks.
The next exit further South on 71...where the players hotel is, has plenty of decently priced hotels...there are also plenty of good food options on that exit as well. Also, if you're looking for autographs or player pictures go to the Marriott on Saturday or Sunday evening when many are just hanging out...over the years I've gotten a ton on the weekend like Nadal, Safin, Ferrer, Murray and others...and some will even chat with you in the lobby.
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 AM   #34
country flag Allez-Alejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I was at the Ancic-Melzer match for a bit last year. Kind of sad I'm not going this year.

I was able to get a bit of food and a rubbermaid bottle filled with ice in every day last year without any problems (the food was just a banana and an apple). I always opened my bag, showed them my towel and my hat and said 'I'm prepared for the heat and humidity' and they nodded and let me in.
Tat was a great win by Jurgen....and a great live match on Court 1.
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #35
country flag Fitz

Fitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond repute

I've attended the tourney twice but I still have a question. Is Cincy friendly or strict with bringing SLR's in? I don't have any huge lenses, but I know some tournaments are afraid fans will snap better pictures than the paid photographers.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:24 PM   #36
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
I've attended the tourney twice but I still have a question. Is Cincy friendly or strict with bringing SLR's in? I don't have any huge lenses, but I know some tournaments are afraid fans will snap better pictures than the paid photographers.
I am guessing but I bet they are strict. Don't remember seeing any folks other than pros with SLR's.
And I have this week off as a last minute need to not work ( burn out) so now I wish I was going. Oh well. Lots of other stuff to do

Have a great time Isa and Barbara Sorry I will miss you this year.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #37
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

I did see one particular guy walking around with an SLR last year, but I have to admit that other than him I just wasn't paying that much attention. I say go for it, you should be okay.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #38
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

We will miss you Sue. Wish you could change your mind and come.

About the camera, I have a friend who brings a long lens. He has trouble getting it into the states a few years back, but last year he had it with him in Cincy and did not have a problem.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #39
country flag Fitz

Fitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond reputeFitz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys!

Plus, they have no camera policy on their site posted anywhere, well that I didn't see, so I think it should be fine.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #40
country flag Regenbogen

Regenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond reputeRegenbogen has a reputation beyond repute

I have tickets for the whole tournament and I don't currently remember where I'm staying but they have a shuttle so that should be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
I think I was in the front row for that match.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:16 PM   #41
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the front row also. Good win for Jurgen.. I am sad he will not be here this year.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:52 PM   #42
country flag clintdurden

clintdurden is on a distinguished road

I shall be there with bells on ... well, without the bells - chair ump and players wouldn't like that.

Anyone going to qualifying this weekend or the draw today?
clintdurden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #43
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintdurden View Post
I shall be there with bells on ... well, without the bells - chair ump and players wouldn't like that.

Anyone going to qualifying this weekend or the draw today?
I'm here in my hotel room in Cincy right now. I was going to go to the draw today, but ran late and had a few other things happen, including hurting my back again, so I am staying right here for now and resting. I might go to the qualies tomorrow, depending on how my back feels.
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #44
country flag Fee

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
I'm here in my hotel room in Cincy right now. I was going to go to the draw today, but ran late and had a few other things happen, including hurting my back again, so I am staying right here for now and resting. I might go to the qualies tomorrow, depending on how my back feels.
Now I really wish I was going. I would like to meet you and watch a match with you.

Have a great time, wear your sunscreen.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #45
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, Fee, for that I will send you some Gimelstob photos from WTT (that is, when I get the darn card reader working). One day, we will hang out. I am also going to the Washington tourney and Labor day weekend at US Open. That is all this year because I think I'll be broke after that, lol.
I went today, got there later than I wanted, kinda kept driving around and missing my turns, but I finally made it to the tennis center. I was hoping to see some qualifying matches, only caught the end of the second set for Oudesma and Odesnik and the end of the second set for Bastl and Kuznetsov. I spent most of the time at the practice courts. I was walking around trying to get my bearings and Feliciano Lopez walked out of a building and out to a car (I think). Then I had my deja vu moment when I walked right up to a practice court to see Safin and Haas practicing (exactly the pair I saw in my first few minutes in Washington last year). Roddick walked past me onto that court since he was next up to practice with Benneteau. I also saw a bit of Isner, enough to get a few photos. The day is a bit of a blur after that, it was humid, I saw Stepanek and Berdych practice, a bit of Federer and Haas practice later on. There was quite a downpour not long after that, then I hung around to see the doubles draw and now I am back in my hotel suite, freshly showered and eating dinner while watching Nadal and Murray on tv.
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote