Who is going? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 AM   #16
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is going?

I've been at the tournament every year since 2002 - helps that I live less than 5 miles from the site - and I've managed to smuggle in grapes, granola bars, energy bars, and a banana.

Yes the Brazilian steakhouse has been closed for months but they haven't taken the name off the building yet.

I'll miss Sue and the twins - didn't meet Fee nor Jerry last year.

Barbara I've met you a couple of times over the years.

The weather has been relatively cool with lots of sudden storms - not sure if in a month's time we will back to the 90s with constant sun and humidity or not. Will be strange having the tournament so early this year. Anyhow since I'm a townie let me know if you have any questions or need help.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #17
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Goddess View Post
I go to the draw party every year, and it's interesting, at least. The food and drink is plentiful (if not very vegetarian friendly) and if nothing else, it's a great way to kick off the tournament.

As for the food and bottles of water you want to take in, they are really strict. I actually had a guy make me pour out my ice cubes last year! I was pissed, needless to say. They do search the bags, and the only food I've tried to take in was well concealed, so I don't know how they'd react to say, a sandwich. Likely, you'd have to eat it or lose it. That's one of my few, but biggest, complaints about the tournament.
Thank you! Very helpful! Sounds like they are picky about the food and drink thing. And thanks for the info on the tickets, I was about to call them myself.
smitty8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 03:00 AM   #18
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista View Post
I've been at the tournament every year since 2002 - helps that I live less than 5 miles from the site - and I've managed to smuggle in grapes, granola bars, energy bars, and a banana.

Ahh, thanks, maybe I can get in a granola bar or two. Sounds more strict than the Legg Mason tourney, for sure. I figure I can at least get a bottle of water, then take in those flavor packets and just refill at a sink or water fountain and that's fine with me. I have to be cheep since I'm spending all my money on gas to and from Ohio
Old 06-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
country flag smitty8

Tickets are arriving. Warning: there is a signature confirmation on these series ticket packages, so if someone isn't home to sign for it, you have to probably pick them up at the post office, which is where I am about to go.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
country flag ThePunisher23

ThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond reputeThePunisher23 has a reputation beyond repute

I go pretty much every year, but I'm on the fence this year because of the Olympics...how many players do you think are going to skip Cincy to head over a bit early for the olympics?...i really hope the top guys stay for this tournament but in the past a lot of the best have lost early because of the back to back situation with the canadian masters...since the olympics are happening this year, in addition to everything else, the players may be looking ahead to the US open and not wanting to risk getting burned out before the major...seems like Cincy is right in the middle and a possible skipper for the best players...i really want to go, but i don't want to be there if none of the best are there...what do you guys think.

My feeling is the top guys play the canadian masters and then skip cincy and head over to the olympics and then head back to new york for the open...
ThePunisher23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #21
country flag MightyJurgenfan

MightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond reputeMightyJurgenfan has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are wrong. I have always enjoyed watching the top players.

Had to drive all the way to the next town to pick up my tickets. My town only has a branch office so had to go to the main one.

For me, I hope it is cooler this year. I lived in First Aid last year because of the heat.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #22
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
Ahh, thanks, maybe I can get in a granola bar or two. Sounds more strict than the Legg Mason tourney, for sure. I figure I can at least get a bottle of water, then take in those flavor packets and just refill at a sink or water fountain and that's fine with me. I have to be cheep since I'm spending all my money on gas to and from Ohio
That's exactly what we do! We also smuggle in Cliff bars and other small snacks, but they definitely need to be concealed in order to get past the gate.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
country flag smitty8

Hmmm, small boxes of raisins might work too. I'll figure out something, my purses usually have a bunch of little pockets in them. If I can get in a hard boiled egg, that might be an accomplishment, lol.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #24
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...04/422/mds.pdf
The withdraws were Coria and Nalbandian back in 2004. It was a week of high quality tennis, I was there every day from qualies through the final. There is a week between Cincy & the Olympics, just like in 2004.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #25
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunisher23 View Post
I go pretty much every year, but I'm on the fence this year because of the Olympics...how many players do you think are going to skip Cincy to head over a bit early for the olympics?...i really hope the top guys stay for this tournament but in the past a lot of the best have lost early because of the back to back situation with the canadian masters...since the olympics are happening this year, in addition to everything else, the players may be looking ahead to the US open and not wanting to risk getting burned out before the major...seems like Cincy is right in the middle and a possible skipper for the best players...i really want to go, but i don't want to be there if none of the best are there...what do you guys think.

My feeling is the top guys play the canadian masters and then skip cincy and head over to the olympics and then head back to new york for the open...
Nope, it will be just fine
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #26
country flag smitty8

I just heard from a friend of mine and she cannot go to the Draw Party on Friday July 25, so I will have an extra ticket for that and the seniors matches that night. PM me if you are interested in 1 ticket.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #27
country flag FedAndNad

FedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond repute

going for first time

Also looking for hotel, cheap and close. Suggestions? Thanks.
FedAndNad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #28

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedAndNad View Post
going for first time

Also looking for hotel, cheap and close. Suggestions? Thanks.
Well, there's cheap, and then there's close. Finding the two together...good luck. The cheapest hotels are at least 30 minutes from the tournament grounds, largely along 71 to the South, but if you want to spend more, there are a few hotels within walking distance (not that you'd want to walk - no sidewalks). The real problem you'll be facing if you try to find a hotel now is that many of them will be booked solid. Between Kings Island, the Beach, and the tournament, it's their busiest season.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 AM   #29

Okay, realized that my previous post was completely unhelpful.

The best value on hotels falls into the cheap but not close category, namely the ExtendedStay chain. There are two about 30 minutes South of the tournament grounds, and both have rooms with kitchens, so you can stock up on food and the like to save even more money. They are reasonably clean and safe, though without many frills. But how much time are you really going to spend in your hotel room anyway? Their website.

For close, you're best off trying the Best Western. I couldn't find an "offical" site for them, but here's their google listing.

There also the Kings Island Resort. Same problem as the Best Western, but again, here's their google listing.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #30
country flag FedAndNad

FedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond reputeFedAndNad has a reputation beyond repute

I can't seem to open the Media Kit for Cincinnati, either because I am stupid or because I don't have adobe acrobat reader.

If someone can find the text of the Media Kit somewhere and post it here that would be great. Thanks.
FedAndNad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote